Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:42 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:10 pm 

User avatarHulesch+Quenzel
Brainstormer
vitorbarbosa wrote:
Computing using the 0.999 DMR from 70k and no DMR from 250k onwards, it takes more than 2M sq ft2 to be as effective as a 33.3k sq ft2.

I am not sure what you mean with "effective".
The tiers (0,997,0,999 and 1) were done, because a general DMR of any value would mean a limes.
But as it is you can build forever and every expansion means you produce or sell more without a limit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:12 pm 

User avatarBarbosa Group of Companies

Oh yeah, got what you meant.

Thank you.

Each new building is producing more. All the existing will produce exactly the same as before.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:41 am 

User avatar4TowersCompany
Habor, I would like to thank you very much for the time you put into doing the math and then posting the results on this thread 4 years ago.

I just started playing less than 2 months ago, and while I understood in the abstract DMR, you put specific numbers to it.

When I add to your chart the land adjustment factors for various land types (productive for factories means I divide the semi-final result you post by 88%), then I now have hard copy documents I can at last use to make plans over the next 6 months.

Imgaine GE or IBM not knowing what their needs will be once some new plant or office or lab is done in 2 years. that would be nuts!

so thanks much for your hard work.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:21 pm 

User avatarVaculus
PharaohPrince wrote:
Habor, I would like to thank you very much for the time you put into doing the math and then posting the results on this thread 4 years ago.

LOL. This thread was created at 08/06/2010. Four years ago not only DMR was not implemented yet, but the game itself didn't exist at all.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:46 pm 

User avatar4TowersCompany
Thanks, Vaculus, for catching my poor eyesight; obviously (to me , that is) I meant to thank Habor for his original post, which I mistakenly thought was 8/2008 -- you point out it was 08/2010.

As I just started in 03/2012, both dates are "ancient" to me. Even so, I wanted to thank him for his time -- many players don't show that much concern for fellow players, and I'm sure he'll enjoy knowing nearly 2 years after he posted this, others such as me are still reading his work.

I even printed out his chart.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:12 pm 

User avatarReal Value

By the way, DMR after 65k or 70k or some other size where the numbers change is actually 0.9999, not 0.999. This makes a huge difference in DMR effects.

I forget where the break points are for DMR multipliers, but the DMR effect starts to become less painful overall at about 100k size for buildings. At some point, DMR goes away entirely, but I don't think I have any or at least not many buildings that are large enough for that to have happened.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 am 

User avatarBric Bloc Corp
Relay Race: 3rd Place
Does anybody have updated information posted in this forum or anywhere else that charts DMR effects accurately, like in 10K,25K or of the like increments? All I know is DMR is different these days, and I know that the initial post by Habars is obsolete now. I want to price my building sales more accurately now, and I think it would be a good idea to adjust sale prices to adjust for DMR. On a side note, would you guys consider that to be a good idea?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:51 pm 

User avatarReal Value

I always try to set sales price to give maximum profit. I don't think about DMR when setting sales price. That might result in different prices for the same product for different sized stores, which does not make a lot of sense to me.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:42 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])