Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:49 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:41 pm 

User avatarReal Value

Okay, here is a very simple suggestion for a plan to build up a strong company gradually over time.

1. Stick with 50 slots. Don't spend money on upgrades until you have all buildings up to at least 50k size on all land slots. If you have tickets, sell them to get cash.

2. Reserve at least 6 of your building slots at all times for building something, probably at 1x speed at first, but maybe 2x speed for factories. Don't buy buildings, but build your own instead.

3. Make 4 factories that focus on 1 product, and build 2 megastores to sell those products. Set your prices at 3x IMU prices to start with, and if you have time, try to maximize profits by adjusting prices to where you make highest profits in 168 hours of selling products in your store. Always set price and time, and then figure out whether higher or lower adjustment to prices results in higher or lower profits for you in your stores that week.

4. Don't try to make all your input products. Especially if QA matters, buy the highest QA you can as long as prices are moderately close to IMU pricing levels.

5. Keep building up factories and megastores in balanced numbers until you have 42 total buildings which are all factories plus megastores. Do not have more than four products in total that you are producing, with 28 factories and 14 megastores. Then, in your last eight slots, make eight R&D centers, and set two R&D centers on researching for each of your four products. Now you will have 50 buildings in total.

6. Expand at least 6 of your factories and stores all the time, probably in three week periods of time. Rotate construction so that your buildings always stay about the same size.

7. If you have too much production and stores can't sell it all, then consider expanding more factories than stores. If you have a lot too much production, pick one or several of your factories and keep building them until they get to a large size (like 50k sq ft or larger) and then offer to sell that building to someone via the auction market. If you have too little production for the stores, expand stores more, and then sell a store when it gets to a reasonably large size.

8. Other than expansions you are doing for hire, or building something up to sell it once it is larger size, try to keep most of your buildings, including R&D centers, at about the same size as each other. That probably means expanding stores at 1x speed and factories at 2x speed, at least at the start, and maybe expanding factories at 3x speed, stores at 2x speed, and R&D at 4x speed later on as you grow larger and more profitable.

Post subject: Re: Help
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:19 pm 

User avatarAPCE Production
Automotive Genius
Professor wrote:
Okay, here is a very simple suggestion for a plan to build up a strong company gradually over time.

1. Stick with 50 slots. Don't spend money on upgrades until you have all buildings up to at least 50k size on all land slots. If you have tickets, sell them to get cash.

2. Reserve at least 6 of your building slots at all times for building something, probably at 1x speed at first, but maybe 2x speed for factories. Don't buy buildings, but build your own instead.

3. Make 4 factories that focus on 1 product, and build 2 megastores to sell those products. Set your prices at 3x IMU prices to start with, and if you have time, try to maximize profits by adjusting prices to where you make highest profits in 168 hours of selling products in your store. Always set price and time, and then figure out whether higher or lower adjustment to prices results in higher or lower profits for you in your stores that week.

4. Don't try to make all your input products. Especially if QA matters, buy the highest QA you can as long as prices are moderately close to IMU pricing levels.

5. Keep building up factories and megastores in balanced numbers until you have 42 total buildings which are all factories plus megastores. Do not have more than four products in total that you are producing, with 28 factories and 14 megastores. Then, in your last eight slots, make eight R&D centers, and set two R&D centers on researching for each of your four products. Now you will have 50 buildings in total.

6. Expand at least 6 of your factories and stores all the time, probably in three week periods of time. Rotate construction so that your buildings always stay about the same size.

7. If you have too much production and stores can't sell it all, then consider expanding more factories than stores. If you have a lot too much production, pick one or several of your factories and keep building them until they get to a large size (like 50k sq ft or larger) and then offer to sell that building to someone via the auction market. If you have too little production for the stores, expand stores more, and then sell a store when it gets to a reasonably large size.

8. Other than expansions you are doing for hire, or building something up to sell it once it is larger size, try to keep most of your buildings, including R&D centers, at about the same size as each other. That probably means expanding stores at 1x speed and factories at 2x speed, at least at the start, and maybe expanding factories at 3x speed, stores at 2x speed, and R&D at 4x speed later on as you grow larger and more profitable.

I agree with every statement in this post, except expanding for three weeks. For a smaller player, it is best to expand in tiny amounts at first. 100ft2 at a time, up to at least 500ft2, then 500ft2 at a time up to like 5kft2. After that you can start to expand for a week at a time due to time constraints, or you can keep expanding with tiny amounts.

The smaller your step expansions, the faster you will grow, because DMR makes 10 factories of 25kft2 produce more than 5 factories of 20kft2 and 5 of 30kft2.

APCE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm 

User avatarFive Enterprizes
Electronics Adept
This post is irrelevant to the current time.

Thar toinn do rainig chugainn,
Fe mhoid bheith saor.
Sean tir ar sinsir feasta
Ni fhagfar fe'n tioran na fe'n trail
Anocht a theam sa bhearna bhaoil,
Le gean ar Ghaeil chun bais no saoil
Le guna screach fe lamhach na bpilear
Seo libh canaidh Amhran na bhFiann.

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today.

Five Enterprizes

Last edited by Benix on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:57 am 

User avatarReal Value

My advice for you, specifically, is to expand your retail stores up to same size as manufacturing, in one large expansion. Save products made while expanding stores, so you will have enough spare to feed to stores, or maybe sell some surplus if you have a need for cash. In addition, get out of raw materials. Raw materials uses a lot of cash and is not nearly as profitable as running stores or factories. With the cash you have invested in a raw site, you could easily make twice as much profit investing that cash in building up your stores. If you calculate your profit per day from your stores, even at 20k size, and your profit per day per land slot for water, I think you will not like the water profits so much. Raw looks tempting because you can have a high markup on products produced, but they are not nearly as profitable per land slot per day as you think.

At your size, you definitely should be building up some R&D centers as well. Probably at least four R&D centers for four products, and maybe eight R&D for four products. Maybe use land free up by getting rid of water, which is not making you much of a profit per day for the land slot used.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:21 pm 

Electronics Adept

Fe mhoid bheith saor.

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today.

Five Enterprizes

Last edited by Benix on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:23 pm 

Electronics Adept

Fe mhoid bheith saor.

Five Enterprizes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:36 pm 

User avatarReal Value

Definitely do not borrow money to fund expansions. Debt comes due fast, and then you can't expand any more. Cost of debt is higher than you realize when getting the loan.

I'd suggest trying to sell your most valuable asset (largest factory or store) and using that money to fund expansions, including rebuilding a store or factory from scratch on the land vacated by a building you sold. You also can sometimes find small buildings at cheap prices on the auction market that will save you a little time in rebuilding, but it is not necessary to buy something if prices are not attractive. You can start up from 0 sq ft quite effectively, and building does not need to take too long if you use speed construction.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:01 pm 

Electronics Adept

Fe mhoid bheith saor.

Five Enterprizes

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:07 pm 

User avatarReal Value

Probably not, or at least not long term, because you would spend the cash from tickets on increasing your company size, so you would have higher equity and lower profits per dollar invested due to increasing building sizes and the effect of DMR. Short term, buying tickets and selling them would give you a quick cash boost, but it would not enable you to achieve a higher return on equity on a sustainable basis.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:11 pm 

Electronics Adept

Fe mhoid bheith saor.

Five Enterprizes

Last edited by Benix on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:30 pm 

User avatarWOW INDUSTRIES
Doing Your Bidding: 1st Place
It only means that you are earning more than the average company at your size/level.

Simunomics is made possible through its Members

of Tomorrow

Revolution

Products

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:16 pm 

User avatarSunnyshine Stores

OK, so...I started the game today, but have only just discovered the forums. I have one megastore, one factory (which is producing one of the items in my megastore, more by luck that judgement) and one grocery store. Clearly, this is not close to what the OP is suggesting. I was wondering whether I should restart as I won't be losing very much, just time, or continue on and put the OP into practice now?

Thank you for any help/advice :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:40 pm 

User avatarReal Value

A grocery store is a good store to start with, because even though it is a specialty store, there are a lot of different products that you can sell in that store.

I would suggest right now sticking with selling retail, and if you don't find products that you can sell in your stores on the market, feel free to send me a message in game and ask me for an invoice of some products to sell in your store.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:41 pm 

User avatarSunnyshine Stores

Thank you so much for your reply, I will keep going as I am and see what happens. I shall keep your kind offer in mind, too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:14 am 

User avatarGrim Enterprises
Drakar Chamber of Commerce
I just started today, and found the posting on bricks for newbies first. So now I have a clay mine and a mega store, with a plan of building a brick factory that I can convert to something else after making some quick profits. The question becomes, do I follow through with that for a week, of do I just reset and follow something like the plan you laid out, which I think makes more sense to me for the long haul.
For what its worth, I tend to like complex chains and factories that can integrate crossovers to multiple end products. I don't know if that makes sense in this game, but that is how I like to play. I am interested in your thoughts on the matter.

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:49 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])