Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:01 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:01 pm 

User avatarReal Value

bricks prices are very high right now. I'd say make bricks, but also consider making a megastore or two to sell some products in.

For megastores, I do not recommend building them in Abalesk for new players. Cost to build is low, but the economy means prices will also be low. Canjara is better for retailing right now. It is currently weak, but rising fast.

Abalesk is fine to have stores in if you are willing to expand them for a long time without any selling. I personally plan for at least three months of expanding in Abalesk but maybe much longer. In Canjara, it is time already to start selling hard now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:54 pm 

User avatarGrim Enterprises
Drakar Chamber of Commerce
What is your feeling on land types? Should I stay with Standard? Is it easy enough to change up when the time comes to consider such things? Does shipping cost make manufacturing in Abalesk and retailing in Drakar(where my current store is) feasible?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:31 pm 

User avatarReal Value

I recommend building stores on suburban or city center land, and factories on industry center or productive region land.

With the effect of DMR (diminishing marginal returns) later in the game, factories and stores on standard land are not worth nearly as much as special lands when they start to get larger.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:57 am 

Glad to hear I am already in the hole on that. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:17 am 

User avatarReal Value

It is not that big of a deal for a very small company, because the return on a small factory making bricks or pipes or glass is high enough right now that you can afford to build a 500 sq ft or 1000 sq ft factory and then just sell it back to the system in a few weeks time when you are ready to grow larger, without much of a loss. It is really only when you get over 10k sq ft in size that the effects of DMR become a serious concern and at about 50k sq ft size, you start thinking about whether you should consider selling a factory or store and what it might be worth to someone else in the game. Then, land matters.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:36 am 

I have my first bricks on the market, and I am on my third load of goods in the megastore. My general inclination is to go for quicker turnover of goods in retail, than margin. Does it make sense to load up the store for a couple of days on one good item, and try to sell a bunch of them fast but cheap, like say, low end of PHIL?
Also, if I just produce a ton o' bricks and burn out the land in a week, does it make sense to sell it off right away, or will I lose a lot in doing so?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:54 am 

User avatarReal Value

A general rule of thumb to use is you should sell for at least 2 to 2.5 times your cost to buy for products you sell in stores.

I would also suggest buying a small amount of a product and seeing how much money you make in an hour or a day of selling it, and trying a few products to find one that gives you a nice profit return given the price being charged wholesale.

Don't follow PHIL too closely, as PHIL is basically a range for products with QA0 quality, and those are not the most profitable goods to sell generally.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:28 pm 

Yes, you are very right there. Tuning the Time/Quantity button works much better to find an optimum place for my little operation. Thanks.

Too big to fail is too big to exist.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:01 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])