Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:15 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Product Scramble Events
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:03 pm 

User avatarWOW INDUSTRIES
Doing Your Bidding: 1st Place
I have no experience in events, and I don't know exactly how to win these sorts of events or at least make it into the toop 10. whenever I check in to the product, it's always not in the market or not high enough QA. I wait, because I know someone is probably already transporting them over at this moment, so I wait. then I check in later, and it's the same situation except for a different product. I only got my points while some other competitor was making a shopping spree and I kind of tapped into it and that's how I got my points. I know since there have been quite a few prpduct scamble events there will be, and I want to know how exactly you win stuff like this. It isn't like I can just have a supplier because products are random and any supplier with the products will probably enter the competition with those products themselves.

Simunomics is made possible through its Members

of Tomorrow

Revolution

Products

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:20 pm 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
This is an event for those with lot of connections and a lot of stock, not you or me I'm afraid.

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:08 pm 

So basically this is a retailer event? I know manufacturers don't have a very large supply of all products. I don't think it's fair that this event is biased toward retailers. I can submit an enormous number of my products. Are they ever needed, and specifically in my city? No and the chance is very low. Retailers naturally have numerous connections and billions or trillions in stock.

of Tomorrow

Revolution

Products

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:31 am 

User avatarcontroling Inc.

im doing fine in this event. i am small and dont have any inventory in any city but drakar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:58 am 

How do you do it then?

of Tomorrow

Revolution

Products

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:01 pm 

User avatarVaculus
WOW Industries wrote:
How do you do it then?

He will tell you when the event is over. :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:02 pm 

Vaculus wrote:
WOW Industries wrote:
How do you do it then?

He will tell you when the event is over. :P

Well, then I wasted my money on this event. Probably just a few lousy millions though.

of Tomorrow

Revolution

Products

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 pm 

User avatarcontroling Inc.

Vac is right, ask me in 8 days :bounce:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:45 am 

User avatarJasonWazza's wonders

I only managed to get 20 points right off the bat when the event started (i was a top ten cause there were only ten :P )

But since then i have found it to be impossible to get anything into the event, so i am stuck with my minor 20 points :sad:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:04 pm 

User avatarJohns Corporation
Bed Maker
Lol I would tell you but no lol the product scramble before this one I won with over 30k points no one was even close to me :) this event I had absoulute no time to get 1st

viewtopic.php?f=12&p=80673#p80673
http://helperstg.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:13 pm 

User avatarReal Value

Now that the event is over, the key to a product scramble event is to buy inventory on the market and from producers of high QA products as soon as the event is announced. Make sure you have a modest amount of inventory of every product in the game, and send inventory right away to every city so you have a reasonably balanced volume of all products in every city. Then, you can submit product after product in rapid succession and can boost up points very quickly.

Some people thought that I would win this event, as I have the highest amount of inventory of any player in the game right now, but my inventory is not broad across all products, and lots of inventory of some products and none for other products is not a good fit with this type of event.

I could have won if I had acted quickly to buy up inventory on the market of products that I do not have in stock now, and if I had sent all my inventory across all cities. However, right now, my focus is more on trying to make sure I have inventory moving to the right cities to be able to supply my large retail customers. Having retailers dependent on my products to sell in Abalesk and Bellerive slightly new to me, or at least, I have not had to worry about that for a while, and I now am focused on making sure I will be ready for supplying all stores that are expected to be coming on line to sell in all cities other than Canjara. I can also supply stores in Canjara, if needed, but I don't have a retailer partner in Canjara at the moment who is willing to sell my brand. I need to work on that soon, as my brand is going to be declining fast in reputation if I don't fix that problem, but that is another issue for me to deal with later.

It is worth noticing that for this event, the top award winners were NOT big retailers. Big retailers are often focused on having a lot of products to sell and keeping stores full, but not necessarily on having inventory of every product in small volumes in stock.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:32 pm 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
Professor wrote:
It is worth noticing that for this event, the top award winners were NOT big retailers. Big retailers are often focused on having a lot of products to sell and keeping stores full, but not necessarily on having inventory of every product in small volumes in stock.

Barbosa Group of Companies and Johns Corporation weren't exactly badly placed.

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:29 pm 

User avatarReal Value

Aindala wrote:
Professor wrote:

Barbosa Group of Companies and Johns Corporation weren't exactly badly placed.

You are correct. I have not thought about Barbosa being a large retailer as I have not been selling in competition with him in Canjara. He is mostly focused on Bellerive, I believe, which is a market that I have been ignoring for a while, but which I will be involved in now. Although he is not the largest of retailers by score, I must admit that being number eight in total sales ranking for this week is an impressive accomplishment, and I do need to start paying more attention to him as a serious and increasingly large retailer in the game.

John's Corp is always a force to be watched carefully in any event in which he actively participates. There is no question that he has the knowledge and the ability to have dominated this event, as he did the last one of this type, but he did not have the time to place higher than fifth place overall for the event. I also lacked time, and could have done better, but I was pleased that Sunshine allowed me to keep my 10th place rank for the event (he was number 11, and I thought he might jump up in score in the last few hours and beat me for 10th place, but he did not do so, presumably due to lack of time himself as well).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:00 pm 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
Professor, your advice would make for a good article the next time that event is run. Would you mind if I or someone quoted you?

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:13 pm 

User avatarReal Value

Committed wrote:
Professor, your advice would make for a good article the next time that event is run. Would you mind if I or someone quoted you?

I would not mind at all. That is fine with me. Those are fun events too, as you don't have to be huge to win, but it does help to have some cash sufficient to buy up a lot of inventory.

Another thing that can help is having a fast internet connection. I remember trying to beat Habars in one scramble event. We both had lots of inventory of every product, and we were both online at the same time. He was able to beat me about 70% of the time, either because he is younger and faster on the keyboard than I am or more likely because his connection to the internet was faster. He was very proud of how fast his connection was, and felt that was a key to his success. He was probably correct. HOWEVER, since then, I have changed internet service providers, and from the University, we have a direct 45 Gbps fiberoptic cable link through to Sanford University and then directly to the internet backbone, so being in Hong Kong might be less of a disadvantage than it was a year ago. It might be fun to try going head to head with Habars again in another scramble event. I might not win, but I'd probably do better than I did last time we both faced off head to head in an event that we both wanted to win.

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:15 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])