Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:44 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:00 am 

User avatarVaculus
Economy statistics - Which city is best?

Each city has its own economy which affects certain aspects of the game. That economy is displayed through certain indexes and can be affected by some statistics. All indexes and statistics about economy are displayed on the Ranks and Stats page and they change daily at 11:30 PM (UTC+0). On the same page you can see some graphs, which contain data for the last 3 months. You can see values for a specific date by movering the cursor over the lines. There are three economy indexes: retail spending, worker wages (labor) and construction costs. An index that is 100% is considered neutral, while any value above that is considered positive and any value bellow that is considered negative (meaning that it has a reducing effect). The current economy system initiated at 13/03/2013.

Retail spending affects the profitability of stores. Higher retail spending means that your stores will make more money (selling higher prices and quantities). When retail spending goes below 70-80% most stores in the game will have zero profit, or even loss. It also affects the cost of advertising. Higher retail spending means that you will pay more to boost your brand awareness. Retail spending is affected by average salary (probably mostly by the average salary of retail stores, which is not displayed on the ranks and stats page). Like the developers said, "more spending yields more earnings". It seems to be affected by Allmart's share as well. Retail spending tends to move upwards when Allmart's share is low and downwards when Allmart's share is high. If Hatuey's theory is right, this could be the result of average price (lower share for Allmart means higher average price for most products, and vise versa). Canjara has the highest retail spending index since 10/04/2013. On 16/11/2013 the developers tweaked the formula of the economy system (mainly they reduced the effect of average salary on the economy) causing the retail spending to fall in Canjara and rise in all other cities. Still, Canjara remains the only viable choice for stores with little hope for the future of the other cities.

Worker wages affect the efficiency of all buildings except for transportation hubs. Higher worker wages means that your stores, factories, farms, R&D centers, raw sites and construction center will produce less and/or for higher costs. It seems to be affected by average salary. Cities with high retail spending tend to have high worker wages (maybe because retail stores have the highest salaries of all buildings in game).

Construction costs index affects the construction and expansion costs for all buildings in the game (except for transportation hub, which costs 50M no matter where you build it). Higher construction costs means that you pay more money to construct or expand a building. In fact, everything you pay for construction is multiplied with its value. For example, everything is multiplied by 0.95 when the construction costs are 95%. It even affects the cost of add-ons in the warehouse. It is the most steady index by far. Canjara has the lower construction costs since 08/06/2013. The only thing that seems to affect its value is how many new ft² are made, but since only active properties will appear on statistics there is no way to measure that. Cities with high retail spending tend to have lower construction costs (since players prefer to use their stores instead of expanding them).

Population affects the daily demand of all retail products. If population rise/fall by X%, the daily demand of every retail product in that city will rise/fall by X% as well. Population always moves upwards or downwards, even if it is a really small movement. It tends to move upwards when Allmart's share goes lower than 35-45%, and downwards when Allmart's share goes higher than that. Cities with high retail spending tend to have higher population, since retailers rush in and kick out Allmart.

So which city is better? There is no city that is best for all. It depends on the strategy you follow. If you go for maximum profit you should build your stores in the city with the highest retail spending (it has a much greater impact on stores than worker wages) and all other buildings in the city with the lowest worker wages. You can build a transportation hub in any city, it will not make a difference. If you go for easy dominance awards, you might prefer to build stores in cities with low population. If you want to avoid transportation, you might prefer to build all your buildings in the same city. In that case you should know that stores had always been the most profitable buildings, therefore you should build in a city that favors stores. You should build your R&D centers always in the city with the lowest worker wages, since research can be applied on distant buildings or shared among distant R&D centers without being transported. Construction costs index makes little difference from city to city and it hardly moves, therefore its effect on your business is negligible.

Last update: 14/04/2014

Last edited by Vaculus on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:16 am, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject: Re: City statistics.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:56 pm 

User avatarReal Value

Very interesting statistics. Thank you for sharing this file with the rest of the game community.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:01 am 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
This is really nice, and you collect Working square feet too!

If you continue updating, and if you want, we can publish the April economic stats under your name.

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:00 am 

User avatarVATSCO International

thank you Vaculus, this is very useful data.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:28 pm 

User avatarVaculus
Aindala wrote:
If you continue updating, and if you want, we can publish the April economic stats under your name.

Yes, I will continue updating. Yes, publishing sounds good. I can also change the graphs to correspond to a certain period of time (now they just contain all days from 14/03 until today).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:08 pm 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
Vaculus wrote:
Aindala wrote:

Yes, I will continue updating. Yes, publishing sounds good. I can also change the graphs to correspond to a certain period of time (now they just contain all days from 14/03 until today).

If you can split them by month, it would be the best.

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 am 

User avatarVaculus
Aindala wrote:
If you can split them by month, it would be the best.

Sure. What dates do you prefer? Should the 1st month be 14/03-14/04 or should it be 01/04-30/04?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:39 am 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
1st of April to 30th of April

J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:47 am 

User avatarVaculus
Site updated with recent statistics and April's graphs (images).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:46 pm 

User avatarReal Value

Thanks for that! Very useful.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:45 pm 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
Thank you!

I'm just going to make a smaller version of those graphs and then publish them (unless someone objects to that).

J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:25 am 

User avatarVaculus
Aindala wrote:
Thank you!

I'm just going to make a smaller version of those graphs and then publish them (unless someone objects to that).

Do as you like.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:36 pm 

User avatarVATSCO International

Vaculus wrote:
Aindala wrote:
Thank you!

Do as you like.

this is great job.. thank you vaculus

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:05 am 

User avatarVaculus
Updated:
- Added statistics and graphs for May.
- Added one more graph for total ft² of retail stores.
- Changed the link, it is hosted under a new url.

Do you see anything strange about Bellerive? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:42 am 

User avatarCC Crown
Oracle of the City
Vaculus wrote:
Do you see anything strange about Bellerive? :roll:

:shock: Nothing strange seems to be going on in Bellerive to me :grin:

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:44 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])