Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:52 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:19 pm 

User avatarVaculus
Most of the old players probably know this, so this guide is mostly for the new players.

If you have 1 factory focused on any product, you can find out the production cost and output for any other industrial product when using a factory of the same size, on the same land, under the same salary, during the same economy. A simple way to do that is to change the focus of your factory to another product and then change it back, but that requires time and cash. You can get the same knowledge without changing the focus of your factory or using any spreadsheets. All you need is info from your factory and info from the PHIL files (http://www.simunomics.com/help/PHIL.php).

I believe most people know about cross multiplication from school, (A/B)=(C/D) => A*C=B*D. All you have to do is to use the analogy between PHIL values and factory values for a product to calculate the production cost and output of another. For example, I have a 325000ft dinnerware factory built on Industrial Center land in Canjara. It makes 14251.1 units of dinnerware daily at the cost of 2714.23 bucks each (for a given salary and city adjustment). Let's say that I want to find the production cost and output for the same factory when focused on silverware. I go to the PHIL files and check the bases values for production cost and output for both dinnerware and silverware. According to PHIL the basic output (base rate) of dinnerware is 24/day and the basic production cost is 367.63 bucks. For silverware it's 31/day and 284.93 bucks. So, here we go:

for dinnerware, 100ft makes 24/day, 325000ft makes 14251.1/day
for silverware, 100ft makes 31/day, 325000ft makes X/day
(24/31)=(14251.1/X)=>24*X=31*14251.1=>X=(31*14251.1)/24=18407.67

So, if I change the focus of my factory from dinnerware to silverware, it will make 18407.67 units/day under the same salary, during the same economy. Use same method to find out the production cost as well. Because PHIL numbers are rounded, the results here are not 100% accurate. But after some testing I found out that the error is less than 1%, which is really nothing compared to how much output and production cost can change from day to day because of the economy moving up and down. Making spreadsheets that calculate the exact output through (or paying someone to make them) doesn't worth the trouble, just keep in mind the worst case scenario and when you see extra output coming just add it to the safety stock (you probably still want a spreadsheet that can do this automatically, but you can leave calculations about diminishing returns of buildings out of it).

Using info from factory can get you info for any industrial product. I bet the same goes for farms (of course you should never compare an industrial product to a farm product, since they come from different kind of buildings).

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:52 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])