Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:54 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:30 pm 

User avatarLake Tanganyika
Triple Soap Adept
This is a simple guide on how to set your salary in a farm or factory to make the most money per day

Factories and Farms

I'll be showing an example with a Vitamin factory. Your numbers will of course be different based on size, land type, product, research, and cost of your inputs
To set a factory price, follow these instructions:

Step One: Identify
  • Identify your Sale Price
    Your Sale Price is the number you charge others when you sell it. Your sale price might change over time as supply and demand shift. It will also be different for retail, invoice, or marketing.
    Example: I retail my vitamins for 3000. So my sale price is 3000.
  • Identify your Unit Cost
    Your Unit Cost can be calculated in one of two ways. If you are concerned only about maximizing profits, you simply use the numbers shown inside the factory page. If you want to know the exact profit, you would use the factory cost, plus the price of your inputs.
An example of the easy way is shown on the left. The complex way is shown on the right (Using my costs as an example)
  • Identify your Daily Production
    This one is easy. Just copy this number here: Image

Step Two: Math
Alright. now you have your numbers. This step is to apply some basic algebra. This is your formula:

(SalePrice - Unit Cost) x Daily Production

So, in our above example, we would plop in these numbers:

(3000 - 601.37) x 209121.29

Then do some math...

2398.63 x 209121.29

So, this factory gives me 501,604,599.8327 profit per day. Now, we save this number, and go to step three.

Step Three: Adjust

For this, you click the teal Expenses button below your Unit Cost in the factory page. Adjust the salary by 5000 in either direction (lower or higher), and apply it. You'll notice that your Unit Cost and Daily Production have changed! Go back to step one and two, and repeat the math.

Step Four: Repeat

Did your profit go up or down?
If it went up, continue to adjust your salary in step two in the direction you were moving it.
If it went down, adjust it in the opposite direction that you used in step two.

Repeat steps one and two until your daily profit is optimal.

Step Five: Fine Tuning

The last step is to adjust in smaller increments. Once you've found your rough number above (by adjusting salaries by 5000 each time), you are pretty much good to go. But if you have time, and want to milk your property for as much profit as possible, follow this last step. It's extremely simple. Instead of adjusting by 5000, start adjusting by 1000. Then once you've found that optimal number, adjust by 100, then 10, then 1. You can get as close to the perfect number as you'd like.

As a general rule, I adjust to within 500 of my "true" price, because I do not have time or patience enough to tune it any farther.

Finally, repeat this for all sizes of each land type. If the other properties are similar to the one you just adjusted, you should use your final salary for this first property as a starting point. It's probably close to where you want to be.

Step Six: Maintain
Over time, things change. City Worker Wages, the cost of your inputs, etc. It is probably worth your time to double check your salaries every 5% shift in worker wages, any time the cost of your inputs change, or every two months just in case. By following these simple steps, you can easily make a huge amount more money!

In the example, my final profit per day from that factory was 1.3 billion! Imagine how much lost money I would have wasted if I left it on the initial salary that generated only 500mil!

The process for retail is extremely similar, but different enough that I'll cover it later. Raw sites are also different, and theres a guide for R&D in another post :)

Last edited by Tanganyika on Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:45 pm 

User avatarLake Tanganyika
Triple Soap Adept
But wait! Now my warehouse cost is so much larger than it was before!

Yes, this is true! Your warehouse cost, per unit, will go up! However, you also make SO MANY more units, that it offsets the increased cost per unit, and actually makes you more money overall!

For example, Pretend you were making 10 cars a day that had a warehouse cost of 20,000 before; but now you're making 30 cars with a warehouse cost of 25,000! That's a huge price increase! And lets pretend you sell them for, say, 40,000. So before you were making a total of 200,000. Now you're making 585,000. The increased quantity offsets the increased price. That's what the math in step two is for

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:57 pm 

Usa Product
:wag:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:17 am 

User avatarAdvantage mkt

http://bit.ly/10gowBN
LOL :D automatic :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:18 pm 

User avatarKvothe
Cleaning Up the Competition: 1st Place
cosmotopeia wrote:
http://bit.ly/10gowBN
LOL :D automatic :D

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I am known by many names and titles. If you ask the patrons in my bar, they shall tell you I am Kote. If you ask my student here, he will tell you I am Reshi. I have traveled the world and gathered such names as Maedre, Dulator, Shadicar, Lightfinger, Sixstring, Kvothe the Bloodless, Kvothe the Arcane, and Kvothe the kingslayer. All of them are true. All of them are hard earned.

Which name will you see?

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:54 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])