Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:29 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:49 pm 

User avatarHatuey Enterprise

This is a Beta guide. Mostly because only I have experimented on this matter to my knowledge and have no outside sources and results to compare.

You can beat allmart all you like, but as long as you retail handbags for 7k instead in Bellerive of 20k+ don't expect the city to recover any time soon. It is not just about beating allmart. You need to fix prices too.

This message is a response to your post, but not meant for you though. IT is more of a general response to those retailers out there who don't know or refuse to work with the system.

My statement below is just my own opinion and result of my own trials which I believe confirmed my theory.

City economy is directly tied to RETAIL SPENDING. If I take those words literally, it would mean that the more you retail for, the higher that index will go right?

Well, I trippled the supply for Belts, Briefcases, Printers, and other products. One at a time. Within 2 days canjara moved upward close to 1% each time. I then let allmart regain dominance and the retail spending index went down again 1% give or take. Assuming everything else remained constant or relatively the same. I believe my product push at 3x the average price caused the jump.

Every time I did this experiment, I sold the product for 3x its average time at the time I set my stores. 1 week after set my stores, the average price was 80% of my retail price and Retail Spending had risen 1%.

What I would advise all of you in other cities is to get together, plan your retail operation co-op and cover as many products as possible at 2x the current average price while bumping allmart out. In 1 week I can promise you will see a hike in retail spending.

Expansions, Worker wages, total players participating in retail, and total ft2 of retail stores all play a role in Retail Spending index and the overall economy. But more than anything I want to point out that with low retail prices you will never help a city out of depression. Unless it is China. (bad joke?)

Test my theory if you have the ability to do so in your own stores. Pick a product you dominate in A,B or D and sell for 2x the average price for 4 days. Tell me if the retail spending index changes up or down. Repeat the experiment with other players doing the same and you get a new booming city.

To back up my theory I will point out Boston IMU and his corn syrup maneuver. During his peak sales canjara was at 180%, as soon as he let go the economy dipped. I was also expanding at that time, and had taken out offline 50m ft2 retail. Vatsco, and RV were also expanding partially and I believe it all compounded together and caused that 20% drop on Retail Spending.

Now, when I returned from my expansion, and vatsco resumed as well the Retail Spending increased from 153% to the current 167%. RV and Boton IMU are currently expanding I believe. If they were online covering products not currently dominated by a player while selling above average all the time I can almost bet that Canjara can reach 190% retail spending.

While making a city boom is a lot harder than it used to be, and nearly impossible to be controlled by any 1 retailer. A group of players can still make a difference and help the city go in either direction with their actions. This is common knowledge among a handful retailers, and while many will abstain from talking about this on forums. I think this information will be greatly helpful to retailers in other cities who don't know what to do to improve their economy.

If there is anyone who thinks that I am wrong here, I can prove it. I can retail flour for 1 week at 5x its current price and show you how Canjara gains 1% within 4 days. I can do the same for Bellerive in 1 week when I have my stores there ready.

** This information was not meant to be a guide initially. It was a response I gave in another thread, but I think it should be shared, and if possible confirmed or debunked. If a DEV or another player can present irrefutable information proving me wrong I will then delete my guide.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:05 pm 

User avatarVaculus
Hatuey wrote:
If there is anyone who thinks that I am wrong here, I can prove it. I can retail flour for 1 week at 5x its current price and show you how Canjara gains 1% within 4 days. I can do the same for Bellerive in 1 week when I have my stores there ready.

I would like to see if this really works outside of Canjara. Pushing up a city's economy with just one product would be great.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:23 pm 

User avatarLake Tanganyika
Triple Soap Adept
Bellerive pushed up a small amount when I was 4 days into selling soap and had taken 80% of sales (and took price from 180 to 800)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:37 pm 

User avatarplaytosor

Tanganyika wrote:
Bellerive pushed up a small amount when I was 4 days into selling soap and had taken 80% of sales (and took price from 180 to 800)

And droped 2 points since I doubled the price of the product I'm experimenting with.
Seriously with so many players and products we shouldn't take too serioulsly 'single effects' although I believe there's some truth in Hatuey's theory;

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:19 pm 

User avatarHatuey Enterprise

It is possible to affect the city with 1 product. Keep in mind that we have no control of others who might be affecting your effort in a positive or negative way with their actions.

That is why it requires multiple experiment attempts and different products to prove my theory. I might have ran into coincidental spikes in Retail Spending when I tried my experiments, but I think I am on to something there. I just need a bigger sample and multiple replications to be 100% sure.

If you guys want to give it a try we can coordinate 1 push together and see what happens.
Worst case scenario: the economy remains the same and we learned nothing.
Best case scenario: We revive a city.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:31 pm 

User avatarLake Tanganyika
Triple Soap Adept
I constantly retail soap at 100% in B, C, D. Y'all can do what you want :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:30 pm 

Usa Product
Tanganyika wrote:
I constantly retail soap at 100% in B, C, D. Y'all can do what you want :)

Agreed I don't retail anymore but my factory wages are set at the lowest possible amount. I do this because I've calculated my yield with moderate wage to minimal wage. It came out to be no difference(well actually i lost a lot more money and made very little) and I don't really care about the economy since I sell bricks for 10 times what they costed me anyhow.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:29 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])