Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:36 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:13 pm 

User avatarHatuey Enterprise

Welcome to Simunomics.

Some of you will read this in time to create your account. Others will find this thread once already started. You can reset your company and restart in a different city, but don't take the choice lightly. You might still find success regardless of where you start.

At the time of writing this guide, Canjara is Booming (+3) with a 137.034% retail spending. New players often don't know and are not as affected by these numbers, but that new player haven won't last more than 4 levels. Once established, a player must choose what to build, and how to spend their limited budget.

These guides or short summaries of what players can do are designed to explain new players what to do between levels 1-8. As a new player you can jump ahead by buying tickets from the system and selling them for billions each. It will boost anyone way past level 8, but you will lack the experience and knowledge that you would gain otherwise.

Please, know that new players don't pay taxes until they are level 9!
Taxes are calculated the 2nd of every month.

There are 3 ways to go as a new player.

1- Dedicated Retailer
2- Dedicated Producer
3- Hybrid

Each branch has its own benefits and downsides. As a dedicated retailer, you will be tied to city swings and will suffer when the economy suffers. As a dedicated producer, you will have no stores and could care less what the city is going through. But when your retailer customers feel the pain, their budget shrinks and your invoices are not accepted as promptly. The hybrid setup is a solid choice in most cases as it gives you a perspective of the game from every angle.

I will offer the Hybrid Guide in this post. It is the way I setup myself and hard to mess it up. As a hybrid player you will suffer a little during economy swings, but you will also be a manufacturer/farmer/raw site operator and have side income from your production.

There are many products to choose from, but your best choice will be something you can create in few steps. At the time of writing this guide, Wood toys are dominated by Allmart and offer great potential for someone looking for a gig. By extracting your own wood, you will lower expenses, and guarantee supply. Higher quality will always be the best thing, but don't dwell on having lower quality if you are just starting.

You will want 10% of your slots at least. You can always have more stores, but it will limit your side income and you will be in trouble if the city economy swings abruptly in a negative direction. It is always advisable to find a partner to join in a product retail initiative. Going solo at smaller sizes will not be a bad thing, but will limit your impact.

The best products to choose are the ones where Allmart dominates. Those products will give you a lot of room for growth. Trying to retail a product already oversupplied and oversold by other retailers will cause your stores to sell less and limits your ability to have a visible impact over time.

New companies have a better shot at retailing and producing small volume simple products such as meat or poultry. These farm products are retail-able and often lack competition from bigger players.

Farm operation is very straightforward I believe. Buy a farm or make one. Set salary to 5k-9k depending on size, and produce with it.

To retail your meat:
1st make sure your store remains at 90%+ training level. It allowes your store to gain reputation granting a bonus that enables stores to sell more.
2nd make sure your store salary is 50k-150k depending on size, play with salary until you find a sweet spot where your predicted sales revenue is the best.
3rd Set store to sell for X price/X time. Time can be 192 hours, and price you will need to adjust multiple times until you find the optimum profit.

Once you found the optimum profit. Raise the price 5% and lock your store for 192 hours. Many times the optimum price will be slightly below Retail Average Price or close to it. Always - Always retail above average retail price.

By retailing above average retail price you will set a benchmark and the game will slowly catch up to it. Over time the retail average price will increase in an attempt to match your price. Always set your price at the ever increasing 5% and your profits will go up over time.

If you were to only learn 1 thing out of this guide, make it the 5% above average retail price rule.

I can be contacted in-game at: Hatuey Enterprises
feel free to shoot me a message if you have questions.

Last edited by Hatuey on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:19 pm 

Producer guide:

Production is very simple in this game. All that matters is that you have all your input products if you are making a complex item such as cars. You would need tires, engine, steel, etc.

The simplest easiest item to produce, and it is always or has always been in high demand are: Bricks and Pipes.

Quality is a major factor for bricks and pipes. You will find great demand for QA 30 bricks and pipes. You will profit sometimes up to 8x your production cost by just making pipes or bricks.

The retail products can offer up to 6x your production cost depending how you deal with it, and most of the time only if you are the retailer. Selling to a retailer will mean finding a middle ground where you both agree on price, and it usually is 2x-6x your production cost. Being your own retailer means you profit 2x-3x from the products you buy straight from a producer. Doing both ends yourself can rack up to 12x earnings for you on the top end, but most of the time will be close to 8x your production cost.

IMU (the trade group) has created a good spreadsheet to offer a solid reference on what prices should be like. Use this link for your convenience, but remember that prices are not set in stone. You can go over or below the suggested prices.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... Bbnc#gid=0

Enter your item's quality (QA) and watch the price adjust itself.

There are other guides in these forums detailing how raw sites, and research centers work. I advise you read through those. Shadow Raven and Vaculus have posted some good information in those areas.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:27 pm 

Dedicated retailer.

My first choice, but last one to discuss with new players. Here you bear all the risks and a higher reward. If you go this route, you will have mostly stores, and be highly dependent on suppliers and economies.

You can make specialty stores, or Megastores. I personally only use mega-stores because they enable me to adjust my sales based on inventory. If I only had grocery stores and ran out of groceries then I wouldn't be able to retail anything.

Megastores are 80% efficient (meaning they sell 20% less).
Specialty stores range from 90% to 100% efficiency. (Meaning they sell 10-20% more than megastores).

The 10% penalty is a small price to pay for flexibility.

City choice:
Canjara has proven to be quite the city for retailers for the last couple of months. It appears to be reaching its end, but has given quite the ride to many of us.
Abalesk & Bellerive are very similar in size and capability. However, Bellerive appears to be easier to arouse and swings higher than Abalesk lately.
Drakar has been the sleeping city for a long time, and has only shown signs of recovery 1/10 of the times the other cities have.

See Vaculu's signature for a link to a spreadsheet and graphs showing city history and economy comparison.
I understand my posts are still somewhat vague. I will build up these guide a little with time. I will add details and more links. For now I think it does offer a good starting reference for many players who don't know what to do or expect.

Once you have reached level 8, you will understand a lot about the game and by then you will make your own calls about the choices you make.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:36 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])