Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:19 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: suggestions and stuff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:59 pm 

Castor Holdings
so, as i felt the game a little bit, i would like to suggest some simple things just to make things more pleasing.

- new game icons(immediately).

there are some icons that looks too odd and just ugly(like refrigerators, cell phones, phones[which will be removed, i know, but it's a good example]). the reason for this is because i would feel that those products could look more realistic, instead of an old school 50th look(if you want to discover which ones could be changed, make a topic requesting suggestions of new images)

- timers on transport.

now this would be an utility thing. i don't know how the codes work for you, but maybe it would be easier to calculate the distance of the travel instead of showing different times to different people. if you show a timer or the variation of time needed to the goods reach the destiny, you just need to make a math calculation. if you put the RIGHT clock time, the code will need to calculate for every timezone set in the game.
i know it's a more technical issue, but i think that could be looked(i'm not an expert on programming, but it could be looked. maybe it will save some processing data

- new wholesale layout.

this one is a more complicated one, but since i remember this game, this layout doesn't changed at all.
it would be nice to have recolors of it, and some things to be changed, like showing the options of "listed by you" and "build kits" instead of hiding it on a button called "other". if i were a new player, i wouldn't click it so soon since the encyclopedia doesn't tell me about that button, which brings me to the next topic.

- simunomics encyclopedia review and update.

yes, there are LOTS of stuff that i found in game that i didn't found on encyclopedia. one good example was the fact that you can't do honor invoices for awards(or at least i didn't saw how to do it), while on buildings and products it shows the 2nd option when you click it. research licensing information wasn't updated on the encyclopedia as well and i wouldn't doubt if the "Phone" product still exist on PHIL as an existing product(his info doesn't need to be deleted of PHIL, but it can be marked as old or retired).

- instabilities on opening pages.

sometimes my pages just stuck and don't load. and this happens a lot on market listing. considering that majory of the players here have a good connection, this shouldn't happen because of lack of speed to load pages. unless it's a browser issue(i'm using chrome), it should be looked out too

i'm sure that i had more things to write, but i just forgot sorry :sad:

hope this helps a little and makes you think. if those issues were spotted before i ask apologizes and tell me if i can help on something to improve the game =)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:44 am 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
Quote:
new game icons(immediately)

What don't you like about our refrigerators? They still make those in off-white. :) I understand the phones complaint though. The only reason I didn't rush to do that is because I'm not sure if we'd rather keep "smart phone" as a new product.
Any other images, feel free to let us know. It won't be a high priority, but is also a pretty quick change if we get around to it.

Quote:
timers on transport.

The tech doesn't really care either way. We figured it's easier to schedule if you can see the time of day. We could do timers instead, or in addition.

Quote:
new wholesale layout

The next thing that gets a style makeover is the interior of Retail stores. We're not likely to change markets just to be different, but it is true about the "other" section. When created I thought it might get more stuff over time, but it in fact got less when tickets were removed. It might make sense to move those buttons out.

Quote:
simunomics encyclopedia review and update

We did update for licensing, but overall you're right that often a change comes in and we forget about the encyclopedia. In truth I don't think everything should be there because it's easier to learn by doing than by reading a separate document. But certain entries could probably use an update and we're happy to take specifics from players on that.

Quote:
instabilities on opening pages.

You'd have to be specific. Most of the time it seems to be pretty good, although issues can happen. If you notice repeated issues loading something, note the page an the exact time of day (including timezone) and send it to us in feedback. We can see if there was any issue on our end or if it was just intermediate net traffic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:23 pm 

Castor Holdings
Amarsir wrote:

We did update for licensing, but overall you're right that often a change comes in and we forget about the encyclopedia. In truth I don't think everything should be there because it's easier to learn by doing than by reading a separate document. But certain entries could probably use an update and we're happy to take specifics from players on that.

i was thinking about my issue regarding it, and i came with something: maybe the thing is not how you learn, but how you are stimulated too. i don't know how newbie players act, but as i know, majory of the new players don't contact their designed mentors, and i don't see anybody using the chat also.
i'm saying this because one of the things that makes me learn a lot is to interact with bigger players and make questions. all of them answer and they are really solicitous(correct me if this word is wrong) to me.

so, my main point is: the player MUST be stimulated by all ways to interact with the game. and this can be made by making the resources of information more attractive to be interacted(chat, message system, forums, mentoring, etc...)

i'm not saying that those systems are wrong, but i'm using them as a context to what i feel the encyclopedia needs. for me, he looks like a list of things with topics. it's not "pleasing" to read, you know? and yes, it's hard to make a learning interface that attracts people, but if you manage to make one, you are in heaven

It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:19 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])