Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:08 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:26 pm 

Castor Holdings
my internship is teaching me some good stuff, and i think i can use my new knowledge to share with you guys some ideas for
the issue with the powers of city hall.

since i've reached capitalist level, i've started to feel that my investments should be more precise and calculated, and there isn't a system that shows you what your competition is doing. so my suggestion is to use the city hall for obtain information.

technically, if we consider the city hall a government institute, he should have all registers of what's going on the city. so my idea is:

if you manage to get city hall control, you can have powers to extract information about what is happening in the city.
which kind of information?

- reports about the transactions of a certain product(considering market, wholesale, and invoices)
- reports about the amount of buildings and expansions occuring on fields that you intend to search(so if i want to know if
a player is doing massive investments on a product/category, the city hall should be able to show me the amount of ft² is expanding, correlating the kind of buildings and the size)
- reports about the ingoing researches happening on the city for a specific category
- access to specific details of the city you are in, giving you more knowledge of how to influence on the city growth

but then you ask me: but majory of the information you get from a city is useless if you can't compare to other cities.
for that, i think we can have more than one solution, but i though on something interesting:

if you want to get a report from other cities, you'll have to pay for the other city majors. BUT, they will know from where the money came from. so they know that you are doing some moves.

it's interesting because it makes you take decisions and risks, since you don't know how they will react, but at the same time they will have no idea of your intentions with the information you are getting.

about the mechanics of the reports and information extraction:
information takes time to be surveyed and deployed on paper. then, reports and sheets of information should take your time.
the idea is to give a delay of production for the reports. many of those informations you'll need to get at the same time and correlated, and i understand that this can be heavy for the game system to deal with. so if you want to take several reports at the same time, it will take more time to get them.

if the time of information generation is not an issue, so do not consider this.

of course that those are only some of the ideas, but the essence of the thing is to make the city hall able to bring up with new and premium information for those to reach the major title.

thoughs? ideas? i'm open for them =D. can we discuss about this topic?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:15 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
Paying other mayors isn't going to happen. Making a contribution to other cities might.

We already have a player report. What about a product report? Choose a specific product and get a summary of buildings, patents, sale prices, and inventory - but without identifying specific players?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:48 am 

Castor Holdings
Amarsir wrote:
Paying other mayors isn't going to happen. Making a contribution to other cities might.

We already have a player report. What about a product report? Choose a specific product and get a summary of buildings, patents, sale prices, and inventory - but without identifying specific players?

this report need to cross the data during the time.
if you take a report and look for a specific day would be useless, but if you get info of the last month of activity on that product, it could be quite useful since you would know if players are doing any investments on there(unless you can take multiple reports in a short period of time to compare the results)

the patents report would show the licenses that exist for that product, right? like the public licenses on product info screen.

It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:08 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])