Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:28 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:16 pm 

User avatarKvothe
Cleaning Up the Competition: 1st Place
ronak1996 wrote:
Add services like taxi services, with the need for taxis, which are sam as cars except(needing a yellow paintjob ; paints = chemicals + oil + dyes?), service provider must pay a tax to the government, needs maintenance (new buildings?) , must buy fuel to keep his taxis running (refineries? Oil < gasoline, diesel, kerosene, tar). He decides the cost per mile.

Now, in reality, products from factories aren't directly sold in retails.

So need to transport from Warehouse to store (even if in same city) , packaging buildings.

Charges for mobile phones, expansion of cell phone into smartphones/normal phones/premium phones.

Telephone/digital telephone/answering machine/office telephone

Backpack/travelling bag/duffel bag/business travel bags

Handbags/purses(those small puny things that women carry on dates to keep their lipstick/mascara in)/premium purses

Cars/SUV's/Sedan/semi-trucks/trucks/buses/volvo

Luxury cars / class A, B, C, D

Baked desserts/cakes/cupcakes

Battery/ small battery/medium/heavy duty/vehicle battery

Bed/double/big-double/queen/king/round

Belt/normal/premium belts (uses lots of gold silver,and 10x times leather that of normal. )

Books/kids/teens/adults

Bottled water / mineral water/spring water/ distilled water/ sterilised water

Bread (hundreds of types of breads)

Candy/popsicle/lollipop/chocolate bar (new farm product - cocoa)

CD's /blanks/songs/movies

Just a "few" examples. Expanding every product, means 84 × 3 (considering each has 3 new categories) aka 3x times the current products.

Also inclusion of services, newer buildings too.

This is very similar to my idea of branching each item into two items.
Kvothe wrote:
Luxury items.

A luxury item requires a high quality input. For example, a tier 8 build kit requires qa 28 wood, etc.

An example luxury item could be "Fine china"

Requires Ceramics (min qa 100), Electricity, Gold. Fine China's quality would be fun to play with. How do you incorporate the ceramic quality? Could be fun to add different luxury items. Fine China would be a luxury version of dinnerware. Perhaps Designer Soap, or High-End Computer.

Hatuey wrote:
I have multiple TG fellow players who are going idle because they get bored.

Optimus
Adi
Brittannia
Max gear.
Vatsco
Sahin
VP international

just to mention a few... I could imagine this isn't an isolated matter to just my tg, and these are the guys I know of. There could be many more who represent lost revenue for the game, and a smaller playerbase leaking out the back door.

me

I am known by many names and titles. If you ask the patrons in my bar, they shall tell you I am Kote. If you ask my student here, he will tell you I am Reshi. I have traveled the world and gathered such names as Maedre, Dulator, Shadicar, Lightfinger, Sixstring, Kvothe the Bloodless, Kvothe the Arcane, and Kvothe the kingslayer. All of them are true. All of them are hard earned.

Which name will you see?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:55 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
Just FYI, today's addition of Sofas and Magazines came from this list. I also have about 65 other plausible ideas from this thread, but they'll be prioritized among categories that need them the most and brought in when appropriate. Most in need are Accessories (Sunglasses already suggested) and Media (Newspaper already suggested).

I also have a big idea in the early design stages for some products that will work a little differently. It's too soon to share details but just know that when those come in they wont be from this list. They'll be ... different.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:34 pm 

User avatarAlpha Ram Corp.

Awesome!!!!!!

I am so glad you have added sofas :smile:
Thank you DEVS for the great job you guys are doing...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:24 pm 

User avatarGray Matter Technologies
Triple Meat Crafter
Product: Tobacco
Category: none, it is used as an input
Inputs: water
Why those inputs: like grains, corn or cotton. it grows using sunlight and the the input water
Why this product should be added: alot of people smoke and also generates huge tax money for governments. maybe extra tax on tobacco or the items listed below, the extra tax money going to wards city hall

Product: Cigarettes
Category: Food / consumer goods. it could also be a whole new category. it would make more sense to put it in the food category as that is wear they are most likely to be sold
Inputs: Tobacco + paper + chemicals
Why those inputs: kind of obvious for them. i added chemicals because they do contain lots of them
Why this product should be added: like i stated above

Product: cigars
Category: Food / consumer goods. it could also be a whole new category. it would make more sense to put it in the food category as that is wear they are most likely to be sold
Inputs: just tobacco but it would need more units to make than cigarettes
Why those inputs: A cigar is just tobacco rolled tightly
Why this product should be added: again like i stated above. but also 2 different products one more of a premium over the other.

i imagine that cigarettes would sell at a faster rate than cigars. cigarettes could be cheaper than cigars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:33 pm 

User avatarVerified
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
Kampo_13 wrote:
Product: Tobacco
Category: none, it is used as an input
Inputs: water
Why those inputs: like grains, corn or cotton. it grows using sunlight and the the input water
Why this product should be added: alot of people smoke and also generates huge tax money for governments. maybe extra tax on tobacco or the items listed below, the extra tax money going to wards city hall

Product: Cigarettes
Inputs: Tobacco + paper + chemicals
Why those inputs: kind of obvious for them. i added chemicals because they do contain lots of them
Why this product should be added: like i stated above

Product: cigars
Inputs: just tobacco but it would need more units to make than cigarettes
Why those inputs: A cigar is just tobacco rolled tightly
Why this product should be added: again like i stated above. but also 2 different products one more of a premium over the other.

i imagine that cigarettes would sell at a faster rate than cigars. cigarettes could be cheaper than cigars

This is a category I was thinking of as well:

Tobacco Farm
- Cigarettes (tobacco, chemicals, paper etc)
- Cigars (same or similar)
- E-Cigaretts (batteries, aluminum or plastic, chemicals, etc)
- Chewing Tobacco (not sure on these inputs...tobacco of course)
- Nicotine patches

Sold in Convenience Stores

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:44 pm 

User avatarVerified
Oh yes, and Cigarette Cartons. What is it, 20 packs per carton? - A larger item for this category.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:02 pm 

Triple Meat Crafter
Verified wrote:
Oh yes, and Cigarette Cartons. What is it, 20 packs per carton? - A larger item for this category.

cartons i always saw as what a shop would buy to split up and sell on or that you could only get when you go through the airport.
to keep it less complicated i would not add the cartons or swap the small packets for the cartons if you see what i mean?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:15 pm 

Triple Meat Crafter
i was also thinking of these products;

Product: Tinned meat (spam) & tinned vegetables
Category: grocery
Inputs: for the meat; meat 0.2+ aluminum 0.5
vegetable; veg0.2 + aluminum 0.5
(could also add water1 or chemicals 0.1 to the inputs, like a preservative)
Why those inputs: kind of self-explanatory

Product: T.V. dinners
Category: grocery
Inputs: meat 0.5 - veg 0.5 - plastic 0.5
Why those inputs: again self-explanatory

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:51 pm 

Castor Holdings
Amarsir wrote:
Just FYI, today's addition of Sofas and Magazines came from this list. I also have about 65 other plausible ideas from this thread, but they'll be prioritized among categories that need them the most and brought in when appropriate. Most in need are Accessories (Sunglasses already suggested) and Media (Newspaper already suggested).

I also have a big idea in the early design stages for some products that will work a little differently. It's too soon to share details but just know that when those come in they wont be from this list. They'll be ... different.

those ideas are still being worked on? there's a lot of time since this was said o.o

i got impressed by the fact that you took the suggestions here and turned into products. what i feel bad is to see the forums so dead =/

is there any specific category that you intend to put more products? i can think of some things

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:23 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
The last products were added because people asked for new ones, but after we added them there wasn't a ton of enthusiasm. So I don't want to add products now without a way to remove old ones. Which is tricky because you don't want to catch someone by surprise when they have buildings, research, or dominance dedicated to it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:47 am 

User avatarLalo Companies I
Manufacturer
Amarsir wrote:
The last products were added because people asked for new ones, but after we added them there wasn't a ton of enthusiasm. So I don't want to add products now without a way to remove old ones. Which is tricky because you don't want to catch someone by surprise when they have buildings, research, or dominance dedicated to it.

Maybe you guys could phrase it as a product being discontinued, similar to a ban of a product as mayor.

- 2 FREE Personalized Webmails with every Domain Purchase
- Unlimited Email forwarders with every Domain Purchase
- Easy to use control panel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:12 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
OK let's try that and see what happens. The product we're going to retire is .... Phones! (Not cell phones. Phones from the appliances category.)

The idea I mentioned last year was for "fads". Products whose demand would change over time, growing and eventually dying off. They'd potentially be more profitable than other products, making up for the natural limit imposed on investment. I still think it's an interesting idea but other stuff is priority.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:47 pm 

User avatarTropic Enterprises
Amarsir wrote:
OK let's try that and see what happens. The product we're going to retire is .... Phones!

i just got jumpscared. at least it wasn't the product i'm investing on *sweat*

how many percentage we should conquer for "unlock" new products, amarsir?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:55 pm 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
I don't know if he can answer that because cities expand and contract to target a certain fullness. (70-80% off the top of my head.) It's one of the major factors in population.

Instead what we want to see is everything being tried and multiple competitors in most products. It's fine if Refrigerators aren't being sold in 2 cities and have different competitors in the 3rd and 4th. Eventually they'll cross paths and compete, or change things up themselves. But if there are so many that companies easily get their own monopolies, that's not a thing that encourages more separation.

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:25 pm 

Castor Holdings
Committed wrote:
I don't know if he can answer that because cities expand and contract to target a certain fullness. (70-80% off the top of my head.) It's one of the major factors in population.

Instead what we want to see is everything being tried and multiple competitors in most products. It's fine if Refrigerators aren't being sold in 2 cities and have different competitors in the 3rd and 4th. Eventually they'll cross paths and compete, or change things up themselves. But if there are so many that companies easily get their own monopolies, that's not a thing that encourages more separation.

it makes sense. considering what i've read on the forums the last days, i think it's time to make a strategy for hold new players, for
they be able to grow up and compete on market

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:28 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])