Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:28 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:02 pm 

User avatarThe Drakarian Hedgemony

Professor wrote:

One on one deals that don't otherwise violate game rules are allowed, but nothing that involves transfer of cash for nothing other than a future promise to repay. Any loans need to have something of full collateral value (buildings, tickets, or inventory) sold to get cash.

this is what I am suggesting, only allow a mechanism to set this up where a player can issue loans based on collateral without having to go through his friends, much like auctions do for building sales.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:20 am 

User avatarReal Value

Klasanov wrote:
Professor wrote:

One on one deals that don't otherwise violate game rules are allowed, but nothing that involves transfer of cash for nothing other than a future promise to repay. Any loans need to have something of full collateral value (buildings, tickets, or inventory) sold to get cash.

this is what I am suggesting, only allow a mechanism to set this up where a player can issue loans based on collateral without having to go through his friends, much like auctions do for building sales.

This was never accepted as even an idea under consideration even when player banks were allowed. Given that no player banks are allowed at all now, and there are no plans that I know of to even consider allowing player banks ever, this does not appear to be a suggestion that would be a high priority for implementation.

As far as priorities, I would say that allowing salary to be adjusted for all buildings at once or research fund refills to be topped up all at once or speed expansion to be changed for all buildings at once are much higher priorities than something to be added that is not permitted at all in the game, such as easier loans between players.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:08 pm 

User avatarCKC Corporation
Shirts Maker
I still think it's a pretty good idea even if it's not on the slate for the next year or so. I really wouldn't even call this a player bank. It'd be more like an investment market or something.

Our official expansion prices are $30 million per day and 0.65% interest based on Real Value's building price spreadsheet. Please contact Emerald City, me, or your expansion provider for your order.

Our Sell Listing: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7593

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:36 pm 

User avatarRavenclaw Industries

It would be cool if a player could loan money with collateral, without having to take in said collateral. For all of this to work, a certain amount of system enforced rules need to be in place. I understand that resale values could fluctuate with economies, but that is a risk the bank has to swallow. Not everything can be easy money. The bank would take up 3 land slots, just like a transport hub. A certain amount of money needs to be deposited into the operating budget of the bank, to ensure solvency of the bank. Much like a transport hub requires a deposit of money to make sure the expenses are always paid for. RAW MATERIAL SITES ARE EXCLUDED. CANNOT BE USED AS COLLATERAL.

Interest rate should be near SIR level, perhaps below the LOAN bond rate, but above Bond investment rate. Somewhere in the middle would be ideal. That way no one would make trillions out of it, and it would still be cheaper to borrow from a bank than to get bond loans. The catch would be losing the collateral if you default.

* Individual player credit rating defines loan interest rate, much like bonds.
* Account level should probably be taken into consideration, however. I can't seem to think of what's the best level to start allowing loans.
* The collateral offer would be limited to buildings. (can't use products, or research as collateral)
* Buildings used for collateral cannot be sold to other players. Only to the system, and the money collected from the system first goes to pay off the loan, and the remaining balance goes to the player.
* Buildings used as collateral can be used as they are intended (example: retail, manufacture, farm, R&D).
* Buildings used as collateral can be changed to produce a different product, but can't be changed to a different type of building. (Can't go from store to farm)
* Defined loan duration, i.e 21 days. + 7 days of overdue period where interest is charged double, and a 2% late fee is also charged.
* Enforced sale to system or repossession of collateral building on day 29th if loan is still delinquent. (Optional to the bank, 72 hours to decide which option)
* If the bank chooses to repossess the building, the amount of the balance will automatically be withdrawn from the Company running the bank.**
* If the bank does not enforce a sale to the system or a repossession, then the building is automatically sold to the system and the proceeds go to the loan amount. If the money is not enough to pay for the accrued fees, and extra interest. The bank takes the loss, and the player's credit rating decreases.
* All player run banks will have the same interest, late fees, operating expenses, etc. Uniform system for everyone.
* A player who chooses to open a bank has to pay 950 billion in construction, licenses, and other fees related to opening a bank. Upon selling the bank, 750 billion are returned because that is what is used as Liability insurance fund (a fancy term to avoid 750+ player ran banks opening simultaneously, not everyone will be able to afford it)
* Minimum capital required to start up lending budget account (1 trillion would be my guess to be ideal) this further eliminates the probability of 750 banks opening at once.
* Banks are able to offer services to citizens of every city, but the returns would be less than 75 million daily. A typical factory can make this much, a bank taking up 3 slots is shy of being as efficient as a single factory since it cannot be expanded. It is not guaranteed that running a bank might be profitable, but this service to citizens of every city might offer a relief/buffer to keep the bank profitable to a lesser extent if no loans to players are issued.

Example:
Plenix request 400 million loan, and offers a 500k sq ft building as collateral.

The resale value of the building that the system would pay is $402,000,000. The limit of the loan is the max amount the system would pay for the building used as collateral ($402,000,000 in this case). The requested loan amount in this case is inferior to the resale value, thus it would be automatically approved.

Plenix goes 28 days without paying back. He has used his building all along to produce/retail or farm, but failed to pay back the loan. Now the bank has the option to repo the building or enforce a SALE TO SYSTEM for $402,000,000.

**If I, the bank choose to repo the building, the bank would be deficient $400,000,000 + fees. I would have to make up for it, and deposit out of my personal account to cover the associated balance for the loan in question. This ensures the bank doesn't lose on the deal. If I do not have enough money on my personal account to cover all the balance, I cannot enforce a repossession. Sale to system would be the only option available.

Banks cannot be sold to other players.

Alternative Suggestion. A game within the game. This is intended more towards the Stock Market portion of the game. Everyone would have a separate entity within the Stock Market, unrelated to their simunomics company. This eliminates the present advantages RV, Sunshine, APCE, etc might have due to shier amount of cash they currently hold. I will use a bank as example. Perhaps our stock market will be simple and straight forward, or might be complex. I don't know what the future holds for us on this aspect.

BASIC STRATEGIES

* START WITH A SMALL BANK
* Speculating in Junk Bonds ( OR JUST BONDS)
* Hardball Tactics and Mean Tricks (buy stocks, issue stocks, bonds, etc)
* Incorporate Yourself!
* Passive Investing
* Options Trading
* Trading Commodities (if we get them)

INCREASING A COMPANY'S PROFITABILITY

(1) Productivity Spending
(2) Increasing Market Share
(3) Diversification and Restructuring
(4) Refinancing loan terms

FINANCING

(1) Borrowing
(2) Issuing Corporate Bonds
(3) Stock Offerings

INVESTING

(1) Cash/CD's
(2) Bonds
(3) Stocks
(4) Business Assets
(5) Advances to Subs
(6) Stock Options (Puts and Calls)
(7) Commodity Futures
(8) Interest Rate Swaps
(9) Exchange-Traded Funds (ETF's)

Bottom line:
A bank is not a simple industry. It is meant to be very complex, and although this is a game, it is supposed to be a simulator. Thus, only a few of these should exist. In a country with 300 million citizens, there are only 10k banks. Many of which are just branches, not individual companies. I say that having 7 banks in Simunomics would be a lot. Maybe 1-5 would be ideal.

However, since it will be something different, and cool many people will want to do it. That is why the banking industry should be implemented along with service, marketing, entertainment and other industries that offer similar challenges, and promise of glory & profits.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:26 am 

User avatarTP Enterprises Inc.
Drakar Chamber of Commerce
I understand the last post in this thread was over a year ago, but I ask in general, has there been any movement in this idea?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:28 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])