Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:34 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:55 pm 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
This topic is meant to pick up where this one left off.

At the time of writing we have 4 of the 5 listings in a semi-functional state, with only Retail left. If you haven't seen them yet, please enable the Beta Dashboard from the Office page in game.

Our goal is to group properties in a way that makes sense for players to who manage many of the same kind. Unfortunately we need to avoid this becoming a data overload, where the screen is filled with more options than it or you can process. So visible data is handled like this:

1) Grouping
Factories, Farms, and Raw sites are grouped by product. R&D Centers are grouped by Patent #. We're still undecided if/how Retail stores should be grouped. Within that grouping, properties can be
  • Active
  • Constructing
  • Idle
(Although Constructing R&D Centers can also be active for higher-level players. This was one of the complications.)

2) Tabs
We now have FOUR tabs:
  • Info: Primarily includes the Size, Land Type, and Patent in use (if applicable).
  • Action: Work in progress, completion time, or capacity
  • Settings: Salary, Auto-start settings, etc
  • Planning: Blank at this time, we hope to eventually include profit/loss analysis here.
Each tab enables different controls at the bottom for Gold users, enabling them to more simply control multiple properties. (Only settings is functional at this time.)

3) Line cutoffs
Unfortunately we can't predict everyone's screen size and we can't simply wrap things around to the next line without throwing off aligned columns and making things unreadable. So we have prioritized information from left-to-right with the rule that IF your screen is too narrow, the last bit may be cut off. This doesn't affect the functioning at all, but we thought it was a better compromise than simply not showing the information to anyone.

A primary example is for an R&D Center that is instructed to work while expanding. The action tab would include old size, new size, completion time, current funding, and cost per day. So if your screen wasn't wide enough to include all of that, you might need to enter the property to view the daily cost.

------------

What we're hoping for at this time, in addition to bug reporting, is insight into how useful this is for you and what groupings or calculations you would make on your own. For example, we're happy to do something we couldn't do before: calculate research progress based on multiple R&D centers working together. So please don't hesitate to request useful things like that. Even if we can't do it, we would like to know how you think.

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:14 pm 
Developer

CURRENT REQUEST

We need to figure out how to group Retail Stores. If we group by products, one store will appear in several places on the page. If we keep stores together, it's hard to present total calculations to you. And if we vary the listing by tab, store info will jump around and be hard to trace.

So how would you envision a retail report? If you were CEO and asked your manager for a report that lets you know in a glance what your stores were doing, what would it look like?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:25 pm 

User avatarplaytosor

Committed wrote:
CURRENT REQUEST

We need to figure out how to group Retail Stores. If we group by products, one store will appear in several places on the page. If we keep stores together, it's hard to present total calculations to you. And if we vary the listing by tab, store info will jump around and be hard to trace.

So how would you envision a retail report? If you were CEO and asked your manager for a report that lets you know in a glance what your stores were doing, what would it look like?

What about 2 views ?
- One per product that would list various stats for each product retailed (number of stores/slots, total sqft dedicaced, various financial data, qa...)
- One per store that would list various financial date (income, salary, profit), train level, time left for each slot, speed expansion...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:55 pm 

User avatarVaculus
Committed wrote:
CURRENT REQUEST

If I had many different stores I would probably want them grouped by focus (restaurants with restaurants and megastores with megastores). Although this kind of setting may be useless for retailers who prefer megastores over specialized stores (according to Land Detail Listing, almost half of the active stores in Canjara are megastores). I am not sure if it would help to have them grouped by products and appear in multiple lists. Even if I retail 3 different products in a store there is still one salary, one efficiency percentage, one training level and one expansion setting for all 3 slots.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:42 pm 

User avatarVaculus
By the way, I can't set salaries in the factory listings any more.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:04 pm 
Developer

I'll look into the salary thing, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:28 pm 
Developer

I think it should be fixed now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:30 pm 

User avatarVaculus
Committed wrote:
I think it should be fixed now.

Yes, it's working.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:36 pm 

User avatarHatuey Enterprise

for me, Retail Salary will be the most useful feature there.

I would like to know total ft2 based on categories if possible. (Example: Megastores = 10m ft2, Car Dealers = 10m ft2)

Besides that, everything else is done through the plat and gold options on retail page. I have 90% megastores, and having detail per category would be most useful IMO than specific stats per store such as product sold, etc. Maybe it could be broken down as follows:
Quote:
23 Megastores, totaling 16,479,000 ft2.
13 Selling 15,000,000 action figures in 06:23:59:01
7 Selling 3,000,000 Books in 06:23:59:01
3 Expanding 250,000 ft2.

3 Car Dealers, totaling 6,479,000 ft2.
3 Selling 500,000 motorcycles in 06:23:59:01

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:43 pm 

User avatarVaculus
We need some more options:
- Applying a research to many buildings at once (RD centers, farms, factories, raw sites).
- Changing the research mix in many RD centers at once.
- Filling many RD centers with cash at once.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:15 pm 

User avatarLake Tanganyika
Triple Soap Adept
I agree with hatuey and vaculus's last posts :)

It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:34 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])