Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:16 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Forum rules

New article? Make a new thread with the Title as the subject. Please use constructive feedback on others articles.

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:40 am 

User avatarReal Value

While I would agree that there is room to increase prices, I would raise a voice of caution that incremental prices for higher QA retail goods that are above QA70 should not be increased. I'm not saying the price should be lower for higher QA. I am saying, don't make the rate of increase for higher quality any larger than it is now. If any increase in price is needed, increase the price for QA50 to QA70 products, and maybe increase the base price for QA0 products, but do not increase the incremental price increase for higher QA for products that are higher than QA70.

Definitely for QA50 to QA70 products, there is room to increase prices from the levels that IMU is using now, and even low QA product prices could come up some from current levels. Raw materials and farm product prices also should be addressed and clearly thought through in any new pricing proposal. I have felts since last October when current prices were introduced that raw materials prices and farm products prices were both too low in the current IMU pricing structure.

Another thought for IMU leaders to consider as a possibility is whether or not there is a need to REQUIRE all members of IMU to follow IMU prices as a minimum. With players outside IMU able to discount, and members of IMU not able to discount ever without violating IMU rules, this gives IMU members a disadvantage versus non-IMU players. I believe that is one of the reasons IMU leaders felt that raw materials and farm product prices needed to be low, so that IMU members could compete with non-IMU players, but since those products form the baseline for other product costs, and therefore prices, being lower than realistic market prices is not good for IMU members as they have higher costs than pricing models assume and no increase in retail price due to higher input costs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:58 am 

User avatarLake Tanganyika
Triple Soap Adept
So what happened here?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:25 am 

User avatarSunshak Inc.

...... I will always be the founder of IMU!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:24 am 

IMU King
New IMU prices have finally been published. For the first time since the trade group was founded by We R Toys, prices are now recommended prices and not minimum prices. We fully expect that for lower QA products, discounting will be necessary, and for some high QA products, premiums might be paid. Our pricing spreadsheet is based on the cost of research, the value of large buildings, and the costs of tickets and other production inputs. We have used 75 million per day as targeted profit plus 0.1% of the value of buildings and research used to generate products of different QA levels. The costs of maintaining high levels of research are also included in our recommended prices.

In the past, IMU prices have always been based on artificially low prices and low profits for QA0 products, with a negotiated profit escalation premium added for each QA level, but there has never been an analysis of costs and profits for large factories with high levels of research. Our new prices are based on actual costs of producing products with QA0, QA60, QA100, and QA120 quality levels. The high cost of tickets also has forced us to push up the level of expected profit per day, so prices recommended are sufficient to be able to justify the cost of upgrading to premium gold and platinum accounts for larger producers with high QA.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:35 pm 

Triple Soap Adept
I still sell at IMU + 35% for retail in canjara. Any retailer who buys at this new price will still make 4x profit on my items.

The construction input prices are interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:04 pm 

EMI Technologies
It is nice to see at least a reasonable cost-based comparison of different products. Some products will still sell for more or for less than these prices, but at least we can see how our prices compare to a reference standard of some sort.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:11 am 

IMU King
New IMU prices released now for June 2013. Prices have been reviewed and accepted by Top Notch, me, Shadow Raven (as a major raw materials provider), and Real Value (as a large retailer).

It is my understanding the Real Value will be coming out with an excell version of the IMU online google docs spreadsheet, for those who prefer to download and use an excel version of the spreadsheet. As for me, I prefer google docs for sharing spreadsheets.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:33 pm 

User avatarReal Value

I will publish the spreadsheet with IMU new prices compared to old IMU prices, and with my own minor modification regarding what I am willing to pay for lower QA products in the spreadsheet (discount to IMU prices for low QA products), on or before July 10th. I am a bit busy with visiting with kids and grandkids in the USA on holiday right now, so no time to do anything this weekend with spreadsheets, but I will put something on the forums very soon.

In the meantime, I am no longer paying a bonus on high QA products, as it seems the new IMU prices have addressed that issue.

The only remaining issue, from a retailer perspective, is to discount from IMU prices for the price I am willing to pay for low QA products.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:28 am 

IMU King
New IMU prices, including build kits and prices for different QA of bricks, will be coming out soon. Prices of existing products which were not affected by the build kits introduction to the game will not change. The only changes will be to add in build kits using IMU prices based on the same criteria as we have used for all other products in the game, and to provide adjustments for bricks prices for higher QA. These additions should be helpful to players who are trying to deal with the changes associated with build kits introduction.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:04 pm 

Usa Product
Yea, Raise the bricks up. Thank you IMU@

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:04 pm 

Triple Soap Adept
IMU King wrote:
New IMU prices, including build kits and prices for different QA of bricks, will be coming out soon. Prices of existing products which were not affected by the build kits introduction to the game will not change. The only changes will be to add in build kits using IMU prices based on the same criteria as we have used for all other products in the game, and to provide adjustments for bricks prices for higher QA. These additions should be helpful to players who are trying to deal with the changes associated with build kits introduction.

That's all well and good, but I have one concern. In part of your super complex formula you use a minimum income per land that has some connection to tickets. It's extremely important to have an adjustable variable on the next IMU sheet that has the current ticket price included.

The last IMU was made when ticket prices were 2b each, they've gone through 500% inflation in 5 months which makes their prices somewhat wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:37 pm 

User avatarReal Value

I do have a concern with anything that creates an automatic price increase when ticket prices go up. Keep in mind the increasing price of tickets is painful or expensive for BOTH retailers and producers. There is no automatic increase for retailers, and if you are going to increase the price forever on products as ticket prices go up and up, that is going to put serious pressure on retailers. Already, we are at the point where to afford tickets, a retailer almost has to engage in cartel-like selling in Canjara, and retailing normally or in other cities just is not profitable enough to justify paying current prices for tickets to upgrade your retailer account.

In my opinion, that is bad, and unsustainable. Therefore, I am not in favor of doing anything which makes prices go higher for products simply because ticket prices are higher, as that will effectively just push up ticket prices more and then product prices more and more.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:48 pm 

Triple Soap Adept
Professor wrote:
In my opinion, that is bad, and unsustainable. Therefore, I am not in favor of doing anything which makes prices go higher for products simply because ticket prices are higher, as that will effectively just push up ticket prices more and then product prices more and more.

I recall them saying that the base profit per land, which is used in part of their final calculation, is based off of ticket prices to maintain a gold account ( I could be thinking about Builders prices, I don't quite remember perfectly). All I'm saying is that tickets a more volatile in pricing than ever, and if they're going to release a price based in part on tickets, that part needs to be adjustable. Last week tickets were 7b, this week they're 10b. When IMU was updated for july they were 1.5B. That's too big of a change to not account for.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:54 pm 

User avatarReal Value

Tanganyika wrote:
Professor wrote:

I recall them saying that the base profit per land, which is used in part of their final calculation, is based off of ticket prices to maintain a gold account ( I could be thinking about Builders prices, I don't quite remember perfectly). All I'm saying is that tickets a more volatile in pricing than ever, and if they're going to release a price based in part on tickets, that part needs to be adjustable. Last week tickets were 7b, this week they're 10b. When IMU was updated for july they were 1.5B. That's too big of a change to not account for.

These high ticket prices are really starting to piss me off. I am thinking about buying some tickets to sell just to push down prices, because this is way out of control. 10 billion is just a silly price to pay for tickets. My view is that it is going to be very hard for any player to justify these prices, and it is probably Hatuey and his cartel club that are pushing up ticket prices (which are then taken advantage of by Hateuy then using me as an excuse for offering to sell tickets at these insanely high prices).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:18 pm 

Triple Soap Adept
The general population of ticket buyers is willing to pay 7b quickly. You'd have to drop around 3000 tickets to deplete the immediate "buy to resell" group, if not slightly more, and that doesnt count towards the people who actually need the tickets. There's a stupid amount of money in the game now, deflating tickets would be an epic undertaking of someone's wallet.

It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:16 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])