Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:48 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Forum rules

New article? Make a new thread with the Title as the subject. Please use constructive feedback on others articles.

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Should compensation rates for builders be increased
Poll ended at Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:09 pm
1. Keep contract building price at 30 million per day level, and interest at SIR - 0.25% with 0.65% minimum. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2. Keep daily rate at 30 million per day, but increase interest earned on building from 0.65% minimum to a higher level. 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
3. Increase fee per day to 40 million, and keep interest rates same as they are now. 65%  65%  [ 11 ]
4. Increase fee per day to 60 million and reduce interest rate to same as SIR minus zero with no minimum (so 0.4% lowest rate instead of 0.65% minimum) 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 17
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:09 pm 

Emerald City
Simunomics Supporter
We are talking within Builders Trade Group about whether current building expansion fees make sense or whether they should be changed. Since this affects the value and cost of buildings, and might affect market prices or values of all buildings, it would be worthwhile to hear what other members of the Simunomics community feel would be a reasonable direction for our future fees to go.

Option one is no change from where we are now. Option two would increase prices for all buildings and cost of building, but the effect would be largest for big buildings, with small building prices not much different from now. Option three would increase the cost of all buildings some, but the effect would be largest for small buildings, since interest is the dominant cost for big buildings. Option four would reduce the fee for expanding very large buildings, and therefore, potentially the market value of very large buildings, but it would shift more focus on the value of land slots, and would make smaller buildings more valuable and expensive to make potentially.

Please vote for one choice, and add comments if you feel like making your views know via more than a simple vote.

Last edited by CynthiaM on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:24 pm 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
But is there any problem with current prices? Is it because of ticket prices?

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:31 pm 

User avatarReal Value

It is interesting that almost everyone who has responded to this poll wants something other than staying with current pricing. There is not a strong consensus about what should be the new pricing model, but so far, the majority seem to favor a model that reduces costs for expanding large buildings but increases cost for small buildings. My own view is this is not consistent with the prices that I see buildings selling for in the auction market, where small buildings sell for very cheap prices and large buildings are valuable and expensive, in part because they take a long time to build. I do understand and appreciate the idea that it would be nice to be able to expand large buildings at lower cost, but I wonder if this might result in a huge increase in demand for building expansions given the big disconnect between cost of large building creation under option four and the prices that large buildings do sell for in auction markets in reality.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:40 am 

User avatarCKC Corporation
Shirts Maker
I think I like option 3 the best. I think we should just raise it 40 million to compensate for the increase in ticket prices and call it good for now and see how that works.

Our official expansion prices are $30 million per day and 0.65% interest based on Real Value's building price spreadsheet. Please contact Emerald City, me, or your expansion provider for your order.

Our Sell Listing: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7593

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:06 am 

User avatarReal Value

That does seem like a reasonable compromise to me. It is also the option that I voted for, option 3, but since it only got two votes, it looks like CKC and I might be the only ones in the game who do like that option.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:46 pm 

User avatarBestProducts

I agree with option 3. Tickets price affect the slot cost, not the investment cost.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:01 pm 

Emerald City
Simunomics Supporter
Because of the increase in ticket costs, with effect immediately, we will be increasing price to 60 million per day for building expansions to be done by members of Builders Trade Group.

Interest rates will stay the same as they are now, at SIR minus 0.25% per day, with minimum of 0.65% per day.

We will consider possible changes to this new price in a few weeks time, after SIR has declined, and after any actions by developers to possibly reduce cash in the game have taken place already.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:51 pm 

Park and Shop
Simunomics Supporter
This was not one of the options we voted on. Don't you think that doubling prices per day without any reduction in interest paid when SIR falls is excessive?

Do you really think factory owners can increase prices by double as well? Ticket prices affect everyone, not just builders, and at some point, prices are just to high to make it worth hiring builders instead of doing the expansions yourself. I think you run the risk here of pricing yourself out of a job.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:06 am 

User avatarReal Value

I suspect this may have to be revisited after the game developers make any changes or take any actions that they have planned. This may not be a long term change, or at least, maybe not the only long term change that will be needed. Lets wait and see first what developers decide to do about a windfall profits tax or whatever else they may have in mind.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:02 pm 

Emerald City
Simunomics Supporter
We will take another look at prices after next week when we see what happens with excess cash in the game. Right now, there is just too much uncertainty about future supply and demand for construction services and for buildings to make long-term policies about prices that will be reasonable and sustainable. Maybe next week, we can revisit this issue and our long-term plans.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:18 pm 

Usa Product
Professor wrote:
I suspect this may have to be revisited after the game developers make any changes or take any actions that they have planned. This may not be a long term change, or at least, maybe not the only long term change that will be needed. Lets wait and see first what developers decide to do about a windfall profits tax or whatever else they may have in mind.

Hmm, they have been planning quite some time haven't they? I mean every time the question arises they give a equivocated response and expect us to be happy. I'm sure you didn't receive windfall tax's or you received some kind of deduction off the windfall tax for buying tickets; am i right? Maybe a vociferous question would do well? You seem very optimistic about the Windfall taxes;yes they are old news but I had to say it."Best offense is a good defense, am I right?"-Skyrim guard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:18 am 

User avatarJennis LLP
Builder
I've been running my building company for a few months now, so I feel I can legitimately respond to this:

Interest rates, which include build kits, should be between 0.75% and 1.50% - this is my range, and I've had success selling buildings.
Price per day must be modular based off of the price of tickets. Currently my fixed rate is 171.6 million per day.
I also charge an additional ticket per slot per 30 days, which would roughly translate into an additional fixed rate of 216.6 million per day (total 388.2m/day)

With the above rates, I make marginally more than a successful manufacturer, and nothing compared to an average retailer. While I currently have closed my business to new orders, I am still fulfilling current orders at agreed upon rates. Moving forward I plan to experiment with charging huge percents of interest (5%-8%) and change my calculation for my fixed price, raising it by roughly 30%. I Still doubt I can make half as much as a modest retailer, but it will be fun to see.

P.S. I currently make 50k drink stands (cheapest focus) on city center in canjara, and auction them for 5x my rates. They tend to hit B.O. within 12 hours.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:41 pm 

User avatarReal Value

Many builders appear to have gone inactive. I think high ticket prices made it difficult to do upgrades and caused some of them to leave the game, or at least, take a break for a while.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:06 am 

User avatarBestProducts

Professor wrote:
Many builders appear to have gone inactive. I think high ticket prices made it difficult to do upgrades and caused some of them to leave the game, or at least, take a break for a while.

High building prices at market also makes less interesting building for hire. As Jennis said, It's more profitable to grow your own buildings and sell them at market.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:39 pm 

User avatarReal Value

Yes, one of the co-founders of Builders Trade Group resigned from the group in order to do building selling on the market and building for speculation on his own account without working for clients. I believe a few others have done that as well, but some just gave up.

It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:48 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])