Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:19 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Forum rules

New article? Make a new thread with the Title as the subject. Please use constructive feedback on others articles.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

Which transport would you more likely use?
Truck Convoy (Cheaper than 7.5/mile) 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Fast Train (16 bucks per mile. Faster than Trucks) 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 11
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:14 am 

User avatarJennis LLP
Builder
Greetings, fellow simu-players

Jennis LLP has been dedicated to the construction business for many months, and has recently decided to explore new fields by moving into the transportation business. I'm expecting to take heavy losses, as there is some extreme competition for transporters. However, I hope to provide some valuable options that have not been explored yet.

All of my transports are priced cheaper than competition, and I hope to remain competitive with my pricing. If anyone notices a glitch in my system, I would appreciate feedback. I will reward any feedback of an error with a 500 million commission (Send me an award for 500m bucks, I will return it for 1). I'd appreciate feedback on the following items:
  • A transport is priced incorrectly
  • A transport is not running properly (they should be at 4 hour intervals)
  • Two or more transports depart at the same time
  • A route is missing departures

The transports should be easily labeled.
"Jennis Air" is the fastest possible option, a cargo plane.
"Jennis Rapid" is an Immediate train - the fastest ground option.
"Jennis Standard" has yet to be developed on all routes. It will be either a Truck Convoy or Regular Train.
"Jennis by Sea" has yet to be developed on all routes. It will be a twice-daily Sea Freighter.

My goals with this new outreach include providing the cheapest possible transportation to all players by forcing competition to the current dominant shipper. I also am looking to cover a new area: ocean shipping. Currently there are only sporadic and randomly priced sea freighters. Most people accept this variable departure schedule because the transport time is extremely long, often a week or more. However I would like to bring stability to this option as well - both in timing and pricing. Finally, I want the more wealthy and needy to simply have the best possible shipping times, with no more than a two hour wait between any plane and any city*.

*Unfortunately the shift to Daylight Savings Time confused my schedule, and instead of running off by two hours with Synchron, he and I have aligned schedules. I will look to fix this with Jennis Standard and by Sea, and will revisit my current transports in the coming week to establish the proper time frame.

I'm also attaching a poll to this press release. Please chose the option that you would prefer.

Last edited by Jennis LLP on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:04 am 

User avatarCumulo's
Double Celebrity
Can I report a glitch in your glitch commission system where you should send award for 1$ and buy it back for 500 M and not the other way around ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:42 am 

User avatarJennis LLP
Builder
cumulo007 wrote:
Can I report a glitch in your glitch commission system where you should send award for 1$ and buy it back for 500 M and not the other way around ;)

Yes, but since that's not one of the things that gets commission for pointing out, I can't send you money :(

This is what happens when I type late at night lol. Thanks for the pointer.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:32 pm 

User avatarJennis LLP
Builder
update:

It can't get much cheaper than this. Synchron has decided to run at an indisputable loss - charging 0.00 bucks per mile. At this point, our services are literally system cost.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:58 pm 

User avatarJennis LLP
Builder
aaaaaaand its boring. There's no competition, we're both free and we both have enough income to stay free indefinitely.

It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:19 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])