Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:58 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Forum rules

New article? Make a new thread with the Title as the subject. Please use constructive feedback on others articles.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:40 am 

User avatarFive Enterprizes
Electronics Adept
Although lake tanganyika actually came third in the leader boards and the actual winner was Jennis LLP, Lake Tanganyika had made deals with a number of the leading players that he would supply the soap and they would supply him with the awards.

Question 1.

Benix:Did you plan on winning from the start? Or did you plan on letting someone else win?
Lake Tanganyika:I planned on winning from the start. I knew that no one has made any large amount of soap in the last year except for me and my girlfriend, and we had also bought a lot of the soap that was in the game.

Question 2.

Benix: Was the event time consuming?
Lake Tanganyika:The event wasn't too time consuming for me. It cost me a lot of lost revenue, though. I had about ten stores selling at negative 1-5 billion per store per day, instead of generating over 3 billion per day :p In order to move so much soap so quickly, I sold well below the price I paid for them.

Question 3.

Benix:How much work did it require?
Lake Tanganyika:After the first day it didn't take much work. I knew I had the event in the bag, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that I could win at least the first 3 places. I just called some friends and had them buy my soap, rebrand it, and send it back. After that it was just a matter of setting up my stores. Once I saw about half way through the event that the competition was smaller than I originally thought, I called two more friends to take 4th-5th places for me. They'll win the award and sell it to me for pretty cheap.

Question 4.

Benix:Are these events your favorite types of events?
Lake Tanganyika:Not really. My favorite type of event is one that can be won by almost anyone - what matters is strategy and teamwork. This event just required having the right item at the right time.

Question 5.

Benix:What would you say to new companies who are thinking about participating in events?
Lake Tanganyika:I'd say to go for it! Most events can be won by smart players regardless of your size, and small players have the ability to quickly change focus in order to meet the demands of an event. When a group of small players joins together they can do some pretty awesome things - which is a philosophy we have in Synergy. So alone or with some friends, I'd encourage new players to join events! Just be careful its a skill event, and not a "who has the most money" event.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thar toinn do rainig chugainn,
Fe mhoid bheith saor.
Sean tir ar sinsir feasta
Ni fhagfar fe'n tioran na fe'n trail
Anocht a theam sa bhearna bhaoil,
Le gean ar Ghaeil chun bais no saoil
Le guna screach fe lamhach na bpilear
Seo libh canaidh Amhran na bhFiann.

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today.

Five Enterprizes

It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:58 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])