Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:26 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Forum rules

New article? Make a new thread with the Title as the subject. Please use constructive feedback on others articles.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:22 am 

User avatarDonna di Ferro

I tripped over the following story on the Internet. I thought the community might find this interesting:

AP – Gruberia City
It is not often that we hear from the tiny South American country of Gruberia, but when the world does, nobody can predict the consequences.
Whether it is their “Glorious Produce” or “Perfectly Industrious People”, the tiny People’s Democratic Republic of Gruberia definitely makes news. Though their enigmatic leader has remained quiet for some time, stirrings from Gruberia City have the business world whispering amongst each other.

According to their state owned newspaper, the “Honorable and Fair President” Hans Gruber made some vague and potentially troubling statements during his “Glorious Address” this Sunday.
“Fifteen years ago, El Presidente modernized industry and business by opening Her borders to the world. But after some time, the powers of industry have bastardized Her economy, with promises of wealth and security, but with those promises comes only poverty and hunger”, Gruber stated.

Economists have long noted that though Gruberia enjoyed early success in the reforms, which were forced by a near military coup, its shift away from produce production put Gruberia on a path of dependence on other countries. With worldwide food prices climbing dramatically since 2008, Gruberia’s economy continues to fall behind.
As a result, Gruberia’s currency, the Grubbers (Gb) has steadily declined in value against the world benchmark currency, the βuck. In the latest trading session, the Gb fell in value against the β to 242 Gb to 1 β.

This alone has both economists whispering of a collapsing economy and the potential of further political destabilization.

World affairs experts counter that Gruberia still enjoys a large cash reserve. Most experts counter that this allows El Presidente Gruber the ability to keep political rivals at bay through old fashioned payoffs and other benefits. Though these efforts will keeps his rivals satisfied, the people remain hopeful for a reversal of fortune.

“The Fair and Honorable President is a great and just man. He gives us all wonderful things, the clean air, the world’s best healthcare, and all the small woodland creatures we can trap and eat” said a man who wished to remain unidentified. “El Presidente’s soldiers are there to keep order too, which I fully appreciate as we wait for 3 to 14 hours in the bread line.” After glancing back at the Gruberia soldier standing watch on the corner, the man scurried away with his three unnaturally slight children.

Perhaps the world will know more about Gruberia City’s intentions in a few weeks. El Presidente finished his address by stating “On June 12, 2014, I cordially invite the industry leaders with assets in Gruberia for a summit, to discuss ways we can work together for mutual benefit.”

Certainly the world will know more on June 12th, but the notoriously erratic leader typically never fails to surprise.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:17 am 

User avatarHatuey Enterprise

I would enjoy reading more stuff like this. :thumbup:
The correlation might be lost to some, but having to piece it together makes it even more fun.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:01 am 

User avatarBango!
Canjara Culturist
Well, my first thought is what happened to E and F?? If the devs are making a new city (G), there's going to have to be some serious changes to the product demand formulas. I mean, if A, B, and D are undersupplied relative to allmart, adding a new city G would only make sense if they are going to really shake things up. I mean..Devs just expanded the city demand for all cities with the most recent update....Only thing I can figure is that they are either going to suddenly shrink demand after raising it (doesn't seem to make a lot of sense) or there is a new game mechanic they are introducing.
Could this be related to the stock market roll out?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:45 am 

User avatarKvothe
Cleaning Up the Competition: 1st Place
no, its just a fake story. Fun to read, nothing else :)

I am known by many names and titles. If you ask the patrons in my bar, they shall tell you I am Kote. If you ask my student here, he will tell you I am Reshi. I have traveled the world and gathered such names as Maedre, Dulator, Shadicar, Lightfinger, Sixstring, Kvothe the Bloodless, Kvothe the Arcane, and Kvothe the kingslayer. All of them are true. All of them are hard earned.

Which name will you see?

It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:26 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])