Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:17 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Forum rules

New article? Make a new thread with the Title as the subject. Please use constructive feedback on others articles.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:03 pm 

User avatarDonna di Ferro

Those familiar with the newspaper know the short facts on the margins. This appeared today:

The country of Gruberia is the only country to ban restaurant chain McDonalds. The official claim is "ownership fraud". Rumor has it El Presidente Hans Gruber was disappointed to learn mascot Ronald McDonald is not the actual owner of the chain.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:49 pm 

User avatarHatuey Enterprise

Following this event, the city has also banned the sale of hamburgers and some of its components. It is rumored that Bread and Meat can still be found along with some vegetables and soda but they are not sold together as a traditional meal anymore. People must buy these items separately and then at their own discretion prepare them in the privacy of their homes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:51 pm 

User avatarsaltwater

This is crazy!!! They need a McDonalds!!! The food sucks, but the taxes they bring in are great!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:36 am 

User avatarBric Bloc Corp
Relay Race: 3rd Place
if Gruberia some made up place / thing? This is not a joke. I like knowing all about this stuff and I'm thinking thats why I'm not finding it. I know there is no country named Gruberia...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:46 pm 

User avatarCorban Industries
Bug Swatter
my guess he is referring to a story he had wrote earlier.

though the country of Gambia does not actually have a mcdonalds. so could also be playing off that. The Republic of the Gambia is in africa and is very small so it would fit his other narrative that he is basing it off of.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:47 pm 

User avatarDonna di Ferro

(yes, this is a call back to the two recent postings, and no, Gambia is not an inspiration for this.) :)

It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:17 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])