Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:28 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Forum rules

New article? Make a new thread with the Title as the subject. Please use constructive feedback on others articles.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: The construction Bubble
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:01 am 

User avatarKvothe
Cleaning Up the Competition: 1st Place
Recently, as we all know, the prices of build kits has skyrocketed for public consumers. Trade Groups remain secure with their suppliers pulling sales off of the market strictly to circulate within their own communities.

However, is that the only reason for the surge in prices? Perhaps players are stockpiling their suppliers, or there could even be speculators holding out for a big payday.

Below is the last 30 days of build kit production. As we can see, lower level kits have been tipping down, with higher level kits staying mostly stable and rising.

Also, this is the last month of production for the inputs required for kits:

Clearly, the game cannot sustain this level of growth. While this is a rich time for build kit suppliers, speculators and hoarders may soon regret their decision, as production of kit inputs rises on a daily basis. Soon enough there will be a surplus again which will push prices back down.

I am known by many names and titles. If you ask the patrons in my bar, they shall tell you I am Kote. If you ask my student here, he will tell you I am Reshi. I have traveled the world and gathered such names as Maedre, Dulator, Shadicar, Lightfinger, Sixstring, Kvothe the Bloodless, Kvothe the Arcane, and Kvothe the kingslayer. All of them are true. All of them are hard earned.

Which name will you see?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:12 am 

User avatarSurgeForce

I would say stay out of making build kits. From recent experience producing and selling retail products has been hugely more profitable.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:43 pm 

User avatarHatuey Enterprise

nice graphs, congratz on the site's work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:11 am 

User avatarIcedG Enterprises

Hatuey wrote:
nice graphs, congratz on the site's work.

I concur. Very pretty charts providing interesting data. This sort of analysis is what we should be doing in the forums, good job.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:58 am 

User avatarTaylor Trading

This is such amazing work! Wonderful research!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:32 pm 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
Remarkable charts!

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:26 am 

User avatarKvothe
Cleaning Up the Competition: 1st Place
Two an a half months later:
(3 months shown)

What these charts show:

Most expansions are done at x8 speed.
814,095 build kits can be made a day
The game actually makes closer to 450k a day.
83% of all kits made are Tier 8
Most T8 kits are made in Drakar.
Most T4-T7 kits, as well as T2, are made in Canjara.
T3 kits are made everywhere equally, except Drakar.
T1 kits are almost exclusively made in Abalesk.
With current production, the game is capable of adding 45,000,000 ft2 of space per day.

The game is not adding 45m ft2/ of space per day[Citation Needed]. Therefore, players are likely stockpiling huge numbers of kits.

I stand by my previous assessment: build kits are being horded and/or speculated upon. Quite successfully, too.

I am known by many names and titles. If you ask the patrons in my bar, they shall tell you I am Kote. If you ask my student here, he will tell you I am Reshi. I have traveled the world and gathered such names as Maedre, Dulator, Shadicar, Lightfinger, Sixstring, Kvothe the Bloodless, Kvothe the Arcane, and Kvothe the kingslayer. All of them are true. All of them are hard earned.

Which name will you see?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:56 am 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
Kvothe wrote:
The game is not adding 45m ft2/ of space per day[Citation Needed]. Therefore, players are likely stockpiling huge numbers of kits

In terms of working properties, yesterday they increased 1 016 970 900 ft2..

(I am just as surprised as you..., but unless I got something wrong when copying the data, that is correct)

http://www.simunomics.com/Ranks-FullBuildings.php - This is probably a more accurate source than the working properties, but I am not following this page so I can't tell the evolution.

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:16 pm 

User avatarHatuey Enterprise

Aindala wrote:
Kvothe wrote:
The game is not adding 45m ft2/ of space per day[Citation Needed]. Therefore, players are likely stockpiling huge numbers of kits

In terms of working properties, yesterday they increased 1 016 970 900 ft2..

(I am just as surprised as you..., but unless I got something wrong when copying the data, that is correct)

http://www.simunomics.com/Ranks-FullBuildings.php - This is probably a more accurate source than the working properties, but I am not following this page so I can't tell the evolution.

what city?

It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:28 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])