Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:12 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Forum rules

New article? Make a new thread with the Title as the subject. Please use constructive feedback on others articles.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Specialty Startup
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:16 am 

User avatarJ.C. Leather Co.

J.C. Leather Company is open for business for the first time in Drakar. J.C. is the founder of the company. “The reason why we choose Drakar because there’s not a whole lot of leather as they are in other cities. But there’s was always enough to entertain me while growing up in Drakar. Leather crafting has always been a hobby of mine since I was 7 years old. I went to The Bellerive School of Art. I majored in Fashion and Entrepreneurship,” said Mr. Stevenson, “I toured farms and even skinned cows for hide and then went to a tannery. I get to see the whole process. A year later, I get to keep the same side of the cow for leather. I was never a big fan of fashion, but I needed the skills that I learned from fashion to make my own leather goods. I designed and made a few wallets and coin bagss, my own journal, messenger bag, tablet protector, and a handbag to give to my classmate as a gift. I had so much leather made goods that I didn’t know what to do with it, so I decided to make my own business where I can sell leather that I make.”

The company launched its first store on October 25th and then opened up a Clothing store the next day. The accessory store exclusively sells belts, handbags, and briefcases. The clothing store sells leather jackets, belts and pants. At eventually belts will be replaced with leather shoes so the customer can buy a full outfit at one place. As of today there are no company owned factories to make leather goods, however there are future plans of constructing these factories. The first factory is speculated to be leather jackets. And then later handbags, belts and briefcases in that order. The strategic reason on why retail stores were built instead of factories because stores can easily liquidate finished goods. Factories require business to business sales through the market, direct invoicing, or vertical channels. Three stores (or 300 sq. ft) demands one factory (at 100 sq. ft.), therefore two more clothing stores need to be built first, and then a factory could be built. The same goes for other products. It’s a 3 to 1 ratio of stores to factories.

Ultimately, the goal of the company is to only make leather goods and sell some on the side on retail as a way to diversify just in case if other businesses are inactive or don’t have an interest.

In news related to leather, leather crafting is a dying art due to automated machining despite the high demand for leather luxury goods in the real world. The old fashion way of producing leather goods is too expensive because it’s very labor intensive and timing consuming. As for J.C. Leather the old fashion way is the best way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:45 pm 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
:smile: Leather is the best.

It was a nice read.

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:12 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])