Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:41 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Forum rules

New article? Make a new thread with the Title as the subject. Please use constructive feedback on others articles.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:09 am 

User avatarQuilogy Inc.
Decorative Tree
Abalesk Showing Signs of Life
February 16,2015 by Emma Nintomane

ABALESK-The four major cities have been plagued by some difficult economic times recently, and Abalesk has not been immune to the recession by any means. Still, things seem to be trending upwards, as of late. Several companies have been focusing on restoring Abalesk, and economists are starting to take notice.

"Abalesk is really showing some life," said noted economist and chairman of the Abalesk Toilet Appreciation Club Betty Humpter. "Just in the past two weeks, Abalesk has experienced an 18% spike in population. Better than that, a bowling alley has opened up in the city center. We've needed one of those for a while."

I managed to secure an interview with a man who has recently been shouting for economic reform. He has granted the interview on the condition that I refer to him as "H.B.6."Hotpants" Quilogy, chairman and CEO of Quilogy Inc. A short transcript of this interview is as follows:

EN: So, H.B.6. "Hotpants" Quilogy, what do you attribute most to this recent spike in population growth.

HB6HPQ: Well, it's simple. I've received help and feedback from several companies, but Johns Corporation has been leading this charge. He's been providing a plethora of responsibly priced products in his stores that are roughly the size of Delaware. It was only a matter of time before people took notice and started flocking in.

EN: Johns Corporation? But isn't he in a rival trade group?

HB6HPQ: The recent economic recession is a problem that plagues all companies, similar to the recent plague, which also plagued us all. Just as those happenings affected us unilaterally, companies must now work together unilaterally in combatting the after-effects of these events. The problem transcends allegience and affiliation, and so does the solution. Any are welcome to join our efforts.

EN: You've been a proponent of companies chipping into economic stimulation efforts for some time, now. Tell me, what can companies do to help the cause?

HB6HPQ: Companies aren't going to like it, but if we want to see economic growth in the country, we're really going to have to tone down the prices for the near future. However, once we've successfully managed to stimulate the economy, we can go back to flat-out ra...

(at this point, one of of Quilogy's aides kicks him sharply in the shins.)

HB6HPQ: Yeouch!!! Oh yeah. Flat-out radically being nice guys and not raising prices. Yeah, that's the ticket... (looks around suspiciously)

EN: Do you see better things to come in Abalesk's future?

HB6HPQ: I do. There are several things occuring in the coming couple of weeks that should help spur growth even more. It's just a matter of other companies getting on board and assisting with the efforts. I don't like berating my competitors in interviews, but this Allmart company has to go. I'm all for responsible pricing at the moment, but I think consumers would be more satisfied if other companies took note of our efforts and filled in the cracks, so to speak.

EN: Do you have any comments on those missing MI6 agents people have been going on about?

HB6HPQ: Absolutely not! Your **** producer told me there weren't going to be any questions about that! This interview is over!!!

With that, chairman Quilogy angrily stormed out of the room and busted one of the rear-view mirrors off my car. However, thanks to the efforts of Johns Corporation, I now have a place in Abalesk where I can buy a new one. Perhaps greater things ARE yet to come in Abalesk's future, but only time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
I don't understand the last part:
kiteless wrote:
EN: Do you have any comments on those missing MI6 agents people have been going on about?

HB6HPQ: Absolutely not! Your **** producer told me there weren't going to be any questions about that! This interview is over!!!

With that, chairman Quilogy angrily stormed out of the room and busted one of the rear-view mirrors off my car. However, thanks to the efforts of Johns Corporation, I now have a place in Abalesk where I can buy a new one. Perhaps greater things ARE yet to come in Abalesk's future, but only time will tell.

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:14 am 

User avatarQuilogy Inc.
Decorative Tree
If you read my company description, I try to make myself out to be an evilish, James Bond villain corporation. Just playing into that a little bit. So naturally, HB6 had to get all huffy when asked about missing British Secret Service agents. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:20 am 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
Oh, OK, haven't seen that.

So, unless anyone has suggestions, it will be published in 24h. It defends a program of economic stimulus which seems to be working, and we all want to support economic growth, right?

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:06 am 

User avatarGold Star Assets
Corporate Yacht (40 ft)
kiteless wrote:
If you read my company description, I try to make myself out to be an evilish, James Bond villain corporation. Just playing into that a little bit. So naturally, HB6 had to get all huffy when asked about missing British Secret Service agents. :-)

Company Description: "Shark tanks, acid pools, retention of 401k benefits... These are some of the rumors spread by enemies of Quilogy Inc. Proudly representing the Network Family, Quilogy Inc. is rising quickly."

Which Bond film was that with the shark tanks? No, no it couldn't have been "that" one...lol. Retention of 401K benefits, now that's a nice touch. Now tell us about the Q-10 as your company logo... is it double-letter triple-word always need the "u" score.

Nice win in the Taking Stock game. :drink: Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:45 am 

User avatarQuilogy Inc.
Decorative Tree
Hey, right on! I was hoping someone would eventually ask me about my logo. Its a weird strange hybrid between a periodic table element and a scrabble tile. I don't have the slightest idea what I was going for when I made it, it was just a great deal of fun. I was proud of myself for staying remotely serious the entire time I was making it. (well, almost. I finally broke and put the corporate motto at the bottom)

And if by "that" Bond movie, you mean "Thunderball", you are absolutely spot on. Poor Quist...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:56 pm 

User avatarHatuey Enterprise

:grin: Don Quilogy brightens these forums with those stories. I like these kind of posts because it shows that there's always good humor and awesome guys all around in this game, and it isn't just a cut throat business simulation ran by apathetic players.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:51 pm 

Corporate Yacht (40 ft)
Hatuey wrote:
:grin: Don Quilogy brightens these forums with those stories. I like these kind of posts because it shows that there's always good humor and awesome guys all around in this game, and it isn't just a cut throat business simulation ran by apathetic players.

Aye, Don (Tom) Quilogy ain't just talk but has accomplished a lot in a few months. Darn good at talkin to though...darn good. :lol:

kiteless wrote:
Hey, right on! I was hoping someone would eventually ask me about my logo. Its a weird strange hybrid between a periodic table element and a scrabble tile. I don't have the slightest idea what I was going for when I made it, it was just a great deal of fun. I was proud of myself for staying remotely serious the entire time I was making it. (well, almost. I finally broke and put the corporate motto at the bottom)

And if by "that" Bond movie, you mean "Thunderball", you are absolutely spot on. Poor Quist...

Forgive me, I confused a few:
"The Hollywood Reporter)Louis Jourdan, the debonair leading man who romanced Leslie Caron in "Gigi" and played a wealthy Afghan prince in the James Bond film "Octopussy," has died. He was 93"
"
"James Bond villains 24 photos
Adolfo Celi played Emilio Largo, who steals some nuclear missiles in 1965's "Thunderball." Celi also starred in the war film "Von Ryan's Express." He died in 1986."

"Curt Jurgens played Karl Stromberg in 1977's "The Spy Who Loved Me." Stromberg wants to destroy the world -- and start anew underwater. Jurgens also appeared in "The Longest Day" and "Lord Jim." He died in 1982."

"Richard Kiel was never a Bond mastermind, but as Jaws in "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "Moonraker," he was dependable (and toothy) comic relief. Kiel died in 2014."

Now I feel like going on 72 hour Bond film binge marathon... but can't find my television set. :cool:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:29 pm 

User avatarQuilogy Inc.
Decorative Tree
You guys are great, thanks for all the kind words. :smile:

However, I hope you realize, your words are encouraging me to write more words in the future, and when that time comes, I will politely remind everyone, "You asked for it."

hehehe, in all seriousness, I have a lot of fun typing up goofy random crap. I sit down with the intents and purposes of writing a few sentences, and get carried away. That being said, I'd like to make myself available for the EcoSim Journal whenever Aindala deems appropriate, and good gravy, I like to run with goofy ideas, so if any friends ever want me to promote something lavishly, I'll be more than happy to.

Anything I ever write is penned with the mentality of, "It's worth it if one person smiles at this." (as I mentioned to you once, Jimmi) so you guys absolutely made my day by telling me you enjoyed it.

I love reading anything the EcoSim ever prints, honestly. I think it's a great touch to the game. I'm a huge fan of anything that allows people to show off their creative sides, and never would have initially expected it in this sort of environment.

And man, I'm going to have to do a Bond marathon, myself... Been a little while. All its going to take is Dr. No, and the hooks will be in.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:36 am 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
Published ;)

J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:12 pm 

Corporate Yacht (40 ft)
Aindala wrote:
Published ;)

Really nice work... :dance:

Kiteless wrote:

James Bond condensed: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z2HJ7-Z1X4o

It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:41 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])