Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:29 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Forum rules

New article? Make a new thread with the Title as the subject. Please use constructive feedback on others articles.

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: A.A.S.S. part I
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:05 pm 

User avatarHatuey Enterprise

Canjara Economic Report - Part I

In these trying times, we often question ourselves and the how much we could actually affect a place with our existence. This question could have a short simple or complex and long answer depending on the individual. In the world of simunomics. Every company is tied to another indirectly or directly through their board members, associations, trades or simply because of geographical bonds. What affects one, might affect all. In an effort to write a fact based report and explain all the mysteries of the universe. There was an attempt to contact the Holy Vaculus. A hermit wise-man that lives off the grid in Simunomics. He has blessed many with his presence in past times, but is hardly ever seen as of recently. Since he couldn't be immediately question, additional measures were taken instead.

A news team was dispatched to what was once a metropolis. Canjara used to be the icon of wealth and progress. For some time it was also the envy of Abalesk and the talk of all neighboring cities. The neighborhoods in there used to be filled with ever newer and higher quality electric cars, motorcycles of all brands. Most notably was the Max Gear. brand. It was a sudden rise for the little automotive company that began selling sweet juice at some point. Some say the CEO moved away with his fortune and lives in a mansion off the coast of Athens in Greece. Every citizen seemed to dine the finest foods and sport the most technologically advanced gadgets and electronics. All until just recently when desire and budgets collided.

Among the first companies hit by the crisis were: Local Leon Ltd, and other smaller companies who were just in their growth stages when the economy collapsed; such as GiantKin who's Ceo made a very odd decision to save his company. It is rumored they were meant to be an entertainment company specialized in movie making and media production. However, after most of the audience and customers have fled the city and are living off the grid. The company has in turn adapted by offering old school film cameras and films for those special moments citizens want to capture for eternity.

A passerby holding a small bag of vegetales branded by Corban Industires said: "It is tough, we all know that. But never thought it would get this rough" - With gray hair and almost foggy eyes this passerby let a tear roll out while recalling how he couldn't keep his family from leaving. "It all seemed so good and perfect. We each had the comforts of a king, and unfortunately the expenses of a small country. Which without a doubt drove us all to evaluate whether to move or keep our place here. Most of my family and friends have moved to concentration camps and makeshift villages in unincorporated areas". "It is time we learn to swim or we sink!" - having said that, the passerby continued strolling through the empty boulevard in the center of Canjara. This passerby shared a great resemblance with the ceo of Bric Bloc Corp which suffered great losses in its jewelry sector while business has slowed down. It is not known whether this man was only able to afford only one bag of vegetables while doing his groceries or if that's all he could find at the local mart owned by Leon Ltd.

One small company seems to be making it out alright. Klemen Ltd. is a local business that specializes in cattle and has been successful selling natural gas to citizens on the outskirts of the cities as viable fuel source for cooking. The city notable Saltwater, while not as small has also fared well due to its large investment in Corn and how it represent the largest food choice by the public. Though it can get expensive during these tough times and not many can afford it.

Real Estate prices have gone wild since citizens decided to take their belongings and build makeshift villages on the outskirts of the city. The Governor of Drakar, a board member at Sloane Inc has been traveling in business left instructions for his Mayor that a big share position at Tripp Enterprise to open city doors to all immigrants and even encourages it. While Abalesk's Mayor Johny decided to keep business as usual and continues to seduce foreign investors rather than welcome Canjara's displaced population. The staff at fernadelos ltd have donated several tons of sugar to help diabetics with low sugar problems. Sheets by Veni Vidi Vici and Blankets by Zipzoom were readily available for all migrants during these cold days.

In the midst's of all the chaos and population migration. Several home grown companies gained spotlight and fame. There was once a mighty competitor aiming to become a monopoly in transportation but it's CEO was among the migrants who went to live off the grid. Nothing has been known about Kvothe since. Fortunately the remaining citizens can privately transport their goods through Thirsty?! - a giant retail and production company with subsidiaries in transport and farming.

Among the rumored new self made multi-trillion companies who are leading the way to change is the mysterious Quilogy Inc that has taken several product categories by storm. Corporate espionage and private security seem to be fortes of this new CEO that has convoked meetings with local retailer chains such as: Simjim, Hatuey Enterprise, Blay International, Unknown Holdings, Ronak Holdings, and the elusive Automart about whom very little is known. Although some swear it is a subsidiary company under a corporate shell belonging to one of the biggest auto manufacturers. Southern Manufacturing, Vatsco International, Zipzoom, and several of the other giant companies in the city were not immediately available to confirm their participation at the time of this report. Nonetheless, great things are always expected of these respected entities.

Much is said about company trade groups internally organizing their resources and efforts to make a difference. Several of them have been advertising heavily on their recruitment of brand new companies while others focus on bringing on board older more established businesses to sponsor this endeavor. Among the most active groups we can observe: Synergy and its fast growing members, The Network and its well established retailers, IMU and its well respected manufacturers, The Union and The Bullar Empire both always in their perpetual rivalry and Helpers Group that hasn't hit the news recently.

The people at Taylor Trading aided by staff from Abbots company were immediately noticed organizing toy drives and sponsoring free distribution of toys to adjacent villages using transport vehicles employed by Nerino Ltd. The company's message on the boxes read: "We'll do anything for the chilndren".

There have been several meetings going on in the city hall building. The consortium mainly composed of retailers have been planning to revive city after city. There have been numerous requests to recall invoices and all sort of inventory previously taken as granted, but currently immensely precious to restart these sleeping economies. After extensive discussion and debates of what should or shouldn't be done.

"Many companies who previously were seen as villains might just be the good guys" - said one of the board members from The Union TG and quickly exited the building before anyone could refute his point. No one knows what company he was representing at the time we called for comments or so they claim.

The massive effort encompassed by all these companies is estimated to cost no less than $67,000,000,000,000 a week in missed profits, salary raises, and rebates. Many other strategies are needed in order to please the citizens of Simunomics. This initiative is meant to entice and reward citizens in order to convince them to return to their homes. Government aid was sought in multiple occasions in multiple shapes. Although in the end; Mr. Amar, the eldest council on the country just said it was a big problem regarding prices that caused this inflation and poverty among many of the citizens. In his opinion, "the city and its local businesses have been a victim of size and prosperous growth for such a tiny island." - or something along those lines. The exact quote was hard to read due to low quality paper that degrades as ink touches it. The scarce paper supply has been a result of a recent switch in strategy by Last Frontier Industries, the local paper producer who now only specializes on toilet paper.

Aindala Holdings, who runs an editorial service for the local newspaper immediately showed Support towards finding a resolution. However, he seemed strangely preocupied about the title of the proposal. Star Extraction's CEO on the other hand was quick to resort to the G.A.S.S booklet. (Government Acronyms System & Standards) published by Fair-Trade Inc, a local book publisher to verify the viability of said acronyms. Several other conservative companies have shown interested in finding a way out of the crisis by attacking it from different angles. APCE Production's CEO has hired the best accountants and mathematicians money can buy to calculate feasible rate of returns and modical profits to form suggestions beneficial to all.

The draft copy of the proposal named: Advanced & Affordable Socioeconomic System A.K.A (A.A.S.S.) outlines several ideas and approaches to offer a tangible solution:
- A division of several hundred stores will be used to offer the most basic products at very affordable prices to alleviate sanitary conditions throughout the country.
- A supply of all products will be offered for a limited time at losses and below warehouse costs to ensure all citizens have basic access
- Sponsored funding will ensure factories, farms and Research labs continue to run uninterrupted to supply the cities.
- Sensible pricing going forward will keep supply and demand in check

Many companies, citizens and even foreign investors appear to be following these news development very closely. A healthy recovery is most welcome and expected for the cities that have endured so much inflation and deprivation of such basic products for so long. Vidhan Inc has been providing construction materials to help revitalize construction. Truncorp stepped forward to supply telecommunication supplies and provide the infracstructure for a solid communication.

Several fly-by night companies have surfaced seeking to take advantage of a gullible population and smaller number of established businesses. Nothing of concern, but a reality. Cheapmart, a local company has been noted to change its name multiple times in order to attract new customers unsuccessfully was seen posting flyers on street poles to regain consumer confidence and brand recognition. Many companies have moved overseas. Which companies will return? What companies will grow to fill voids, and who will be the next renowned name to be chanted in our streets? No one knows... Much is desired, and only time can tell. Although with such great minds at work, confidence is at an all time high as is the pollution and low quality water due to the massive production of plastic by Suppliers Inc.

- Report brought to you by a freelance news team who couldn't sell this to the local established Newspaper since it outsources its editorial services at this time. Senior editors couldn't be reached for further comments about this.

Last edited by Hatuey on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Post subject: Re: A.A.S.S.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:43 pm 

User avatarQuilogy Inc.
Decorative Tree
Just absolutely beautiful, man. I read the entire thing top to bottom with a giant grin on my face. Knocked it right out of the park. Summed up everything more stately than I could have ever hoped to. Hats off to you, Hat!

My very first days here as a new player, an article was posted in the EcoSim Journal. It blew my ever living mind on several levels, seeing that players could contribute to the game like that. Hat throwing his hat into the ring (I can do this all day) gets me super-going, as he's a fantastic writer with tons of reference on the history of the game, as well as a big time player in Canjara.

It's an exceptional piece, and I hate to get all needy and demanding, but I'm going to want to see more in the future. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: We'll have to get something figured out when Canjara is living large once again. I'm just loving this whole-constant player pieces being written thing thats been going on. This game is perfect for creative writers and business types alike, as theres all kinds of interpersonal drama to go along with economic activity. I absolutely love this and want much more of it, from Hat and everyone else. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Love seeing pieces on the groups, on the economies, on the cities, whatever. I just love seeing pieces. This one is a winner, Aindala, and I'm not just saying that because our names are in it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:19 am 

User avatarKlemen Ltd.

I dont want to sound oily or anything, but that's a really good article :thumbup: Thanks for mentioning me. :smile:

I will be really honored if you take a look on the page.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:24 am 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
Haha, I like it too. Very well done. It appears to be a critique of the other plan, since it's implying that reasonable prices means selling under warehouse cost, which in any case is something that in favour of publishing (two sides of a question, right?)

I have some questions though:
1. I assume you did confirm the participation of those companies?
2. What about the title... It seems a bit forced... A. A. S. S. ?

And a statement:
1. Aindala Holdings does not own any newspaper. I am just the guy who filters what goes into the game or not (like no one would not say that Vaculus owns and runs the local classified ads), the Journal is open for everyone to participate. Even if something doesn't get published, you are still welcome to contribute in the forums. In that aspect I think mentions of ownership are misleading.

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:55 am 

Hatuey wrote:

The draft copy of the proposal named: Advanced & Affordable Socioeconomic System A.K.A (A.A.S.S.) outlines several ideas and approaches to offer a tangible solution:
- A division of several hundred stores will be used to offer the most basic products at very affordable prices to alleviate sanitary conditions throughout the country.
- A supply of all products will be offered for a limited time at losses and below warehouse costs to ensure all citizens have basic access
- Sponsored funding will ensure factories, farms and Research labs continue to run uninterrupted to supply the cities.

Title is a mix of humor and true story about what actually has reached the table in the form of facts. We got the stores, supply, sponsors, and sensible pricing approach. But S.S.S.S doesn't quite capture the attention of readers as when I start the points with an A for the first 2, and then S on the rest. Hope that doesnt cause issues.

As per Aindala holding a stake on the newspaper - it can't be confirmed legally ... but many bodies have been found in a dock near Drakar belonging to all those who dared ask further.

Last edited by Hatuey on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:13 am 

User avatarLalo Companies I
Manufacturer
klemen161 wrote:
I dont want to sound oily or anything, but that's a really good article :thumbup: Thanks for mentioning me. :smile:

Trust me man! HAT is the best! No words

- 2 FREE Personalized Webmails with every Domain Purchase
- Unlimited Email forwarders with every Domain Purchase
- Easy to use control panel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:49 am 

User avatarGold Star Assets
Corporate Yacht (40 ft)
kiteless wrote:

Love seeing pieces on the groups, on the economies, on the cities, whatever. I just love seeing pieces. This one is a winner, Aindala, and I'm not just saying that because our names are in it.
Aindala wrote:
Haha, I like it too.

How about: G. A. S. S. (Government Acronym Systems & Standards)
We've just gotta get a grip on the tsunami of acronyms before it like totally ruins the English language, man.
We could codify, classify, solidify and finally petrify all those pesky abbreviations into one big monumental book of stone. It would be like a tourist attraction, the eighth world wonder... :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:55 am 

Jimmi wrote:
kiteless wrote:

Aindala wrote:
Haha, I like it too.

How about: G. A. S. S. (Government Acronym Systems & Standards)
We've just gotta get a grip on the tsunami of acronyms before it like totally ruins the English language, man.
We could codify, classify, solidify and finally petrify all those pesky abbreviations into one big monumental book of stone. It would be like a tourist attraction, the eighth world wonder... :idea:

Well, sir - you have officially entered into the story. Welcome aboard. You're part of Paragraph #10.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:34 am 

User avatarJohns Corporation
Bed Maker
So who exactly is Johnny ?:P

viewtopic.php?f=12&p=80673#p80673
http://helperstg.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:08 pm 

islas896 wrote:
So who exactly is Johnny ?:P

Abalesk Mayor. A dubious individual that borrows money from unsuspecting companies to improve the city but such donations and forgiven loans haven't added substantial city improvement until as of late.

// Add on note: I have ammended to add several passages and more names. It is always interesting to fit in more companies and a somewhat realistic interpretation of their industry and what it would be like in a scenario where these were all real companies.

Post subject: Re: A.A.S.S. part I
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:24 pm 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
I made some orthographical and syntactic corrections. In terms of organisation it could be improved, but it's nothing important.

If there are no further observations, I'll publish it after 24h.

Hatuey wrote:
Canjara Economic Report - Part I

In these trying times, we often question ourselves and the how much we could actually affect a place with our existence. This question could have a short simple or complex and long answer depending on the individual. In the world of Simunomics, every company is tied to another indirectly or directly through their board members, associations, trades or simply because of geographical bonds. What affects one, might affect all. In an effort to write a fact based report and explain all the mysteries of the universe, there was an attempt to contact the Holy Vaculus, a hermit wise-man that lives off the grid in Simunomics. He has blessed many with his presence in the past, but is hardly ever seen as of late. Since he couldn't be immediately questioned, additional measures were taken instead.

A news team was dispatched to what was once a metropolis. Canjara used to be the icon of wealth and progress. For some time it was also the envy of Abalesk and the talk of all neighboring cities. The neighborhoods in there used to be filled with ever newer and higher quality electric cars, motorcycles of all brands, most notably Max Gear. brand - it was a sudden rise for the little automotive company that began selling sweet juice at some point (some say the CEO moved away with his fortune and lives in a mansion off the coast of Athens in Greece). Every citizen seemed to dine the finest foods and sport the most technologically advanced gadgets and electronics. All until just recently when desire and budgets collided.

Among the first companies hit by the crisis was the local Leon Ltd, and other smaller companies who were just in their growth stages when the economy collapsed, such as GiantKin who's CEO made a very odd decision in order to save his company. It is rumored they were meant to be an entertainment company specialized in movie making and media production. However, after most of the audience and customers fled the city and started living off the grid, the company has in turn adapted by offering old school film cameras and films for those special moments citizens want to capture for eternity.

A passerby holding a small bag of vegetables branded by Corban Industires said: "It is tough, we all know that. But never thought it would get this rough" - With gray hair and almost foggy eyes this passerby let a tear roll out while recalling how he couldn't keep his family from leaving. "It all seemed so good and perfect. We each had the comforts of a king, and unfortunately the expenses of a small country. Which without a doubt drove us all to evaluate whether to move or keep our place here. Most of my family and friends have moved to concentration camps and makeshift villages in unincorporated areas". "It is time we learn to swim or we sink!" - having said that, the passerby continued strolling through the empty boulevard in the center of Canjara. This passerby shared a great resemblance with the CEO of Bric Bloc Corp which suffered great losses in its jewelry sector when business slowed down. It is not known whether this man was only able to afford only one bag of vegetables while doing his groceries or if that's all he could find at the local mart owned by Leon Ltd.

One small company seems to be making it out alright. Klemen Ltd. is a local business that specializes in cattle and has been successful selling natural gas to citizens on the outskirts of the cities as viable fuel source for cooking. The city notable Saltwater, while not as small, has also fared well due to its large investment in Corn and how it represents the largest food choice by the public, though it can get expensive during these tough times and not many can afford it.

Real estate prices have gone wild since citizens decided to take their belongings and build makeshift villages on the outskirts of the city. The Governor of Drakar, board member at Sloane Inc, traveling in business, left instructions for his Mayor (that owns a big share position at Tripp Enterprise) to open city doors to all immigrants and even encourage them to come. In the meantime, Abalesk's Mayor Johny decided to keep business as usual and continues to seduce foreign investors rather than welcoming Canjara's displaced population. The staff at fernadelos ltd have donated several tons of sugar to help diabetics with low sugar problems. Sheets by Veni Vidi Vici and Blankets by Zipzoom were readily made available for all migrants during these cold days.

In the midst of all the chaos and population migration, several home grown companies gained spotlight and fame. There was once a mighty competitor aiming to become a monopoly in transportation, whose CEO was among the migrants who went to live off the grid. Nothing has been known about Kvothe since. Fortunately the remaining citizens can privately transport their goods through Thirsty?! - a giant retail and production company with subsidiaries in transport and farming.

Some new self-made multi-trillion companies are now leading the way to change - among them is the mysterious Quilogy Inc that has taken several product categories by storm. Corporate espionage and private security seem to be fortes of this new CEO that has convoked meetings with local retailer chains such as Simjim, Hatuey Enterprise, Blay International, Unknown Holdings, Ronak Holdings, and the elusive Automart about whom very little is known (some swear it is a subsidiary company belonging to one of the biggest auto manufacturers). Southern Manufacturing, Vatsco International, Zipzoom, and several of the other giant companies in the city were not immediately available to confirm their participation at the time of this report. Nonetheless, great things are always expected of these respected entities.

Much is said about company trade groups internally organizing their resources and efforts to make a difference. Several of them have been advertising heavily on their recruitment of brand new companies while others focus on bringing on board older more established businesses to sponsor this endeavor. Among the most active groups we can observe Synergy and its fast growing members, The Network and its well established retailers, IMU and its well respected manufacturers, The Union and The Bullar Empire both always in their perpetual rivalry and Helpers Group that hasn't hit the news recently.

The people at Taylor Trading aided by staff from Abbots company were immediately noticed organizing toy drives and sponsoring free distribution of toys to adjacent villages using transport vehicles employed by Nerino Ltd. The company's message on the boxes read: "We'll do anything for the children".

There have been several meetings going on in the city hall building. The consortium is mainly composed of retailers have been planning to revive city after city. There have been numerous requests to recall invoices and all sort of inventory previously taken as granted, but currently precious to restart these sleeping economies, after extensive discussion concerning what should or shouldn't be done. "Many companies who previously were seen as villains might just be the good guys" - said one of the board members from The Union TG, who quickly exited the building before anyone could refute his point. No one knows what company he was representing at the time.

The massive effort encompassed by all these companies is estimated to cost no less than :beta:67,000,000,000,000 a week in missed profits, salary raises, and rebates. Many other strategies are needed in order to please the citizens of Simunomics. This initiative is meant to entice and reward citizens to convince them to return to their homes. Government aid was sought in multiple occasions in multiple shapes, although in the end, Mr. Amar, the eldest council on the country just said it was a big problem regarding prices that caused this inflation and poverty among many of the citizens. In his opinion, "the city and its local businesses have been a victim of size and prosperous growth for such a tiny island." - or something along those lines. The exact quote was hard to read due to low quality paper that degrades as ink touches it. The scarce paper supply has been a result of a recent switch in strategy by Last Frontier Industries, the local paper producer who now only specializes on toilet paper.

Aindala Holdings, who runs an editorial service for the local newspaper immediately showed support towards finding a resolution. However, he seemed strangely preoccupied about the title of the proposal. Star Extraction's CEO on the other hand was quick to resort to the G.A.S.S booklet (Government Acronyms System & Standards), published by Fair-Trade Inc, a local book publisher, to verify the viability of said acronyms. Several other conservative companies have shown interested in finding a way out of the crisis by attacking it from different angles. APCE Production's CEO has hired the best accountants and mathematicians money can buy to calculate feasible rate of returns and modest profits to form suggestions beneficial to all.

The draft copy of the proposal named Advanced & Affordable Socioeconomic System A.K.A (A.A.S.S.) outlines several ideas and approaches to offer a tangible solution:
- A supply of all products will be offered for a limited time at losses and below warehouse costs to ensure all citizens have their basic needs

Many companies, citizens and even foreign investors appear to be following these news development very closely. A healthy recovery is most welcome and expected for the cities that have endured so much inflation and deprivation of such basic products for so long. Vidhan Inc has been providing construction materials to help revitalize construction. Truncorp stepped forward to supply telecommunication supplies and provide the infrastructure for a solid communication.

Several fly-by night companies have surfaced seeking to take advantage of a gullible population and smaller number of established businesses. Cheapmart, a local company noted to having changed its name multiple times in order to attract new customers unsuccessfully, was seen posting fliers on street poles to regain consumer confidence and brand recognition. Many companies have moved overseas. Which companies will return? What companies will grow to fill voids, and whose will be the next renowned name to be chanted in our streets? No one knows... Only time can tell. However, with such great minds at work, confidence is at an all time high as is the pollution and low quality water due to the massive production of plastic by Suppliers Inc.

- Report brought to you by a freelance news team who couldn't sell this to the local established Newspaper since it outsources its editorial services at this time. Senior editors couldn't be reached for further comments about this.

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:01 pm 

User avatarUbermacht Ltd
Bug Swatter
Great report.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:15 pm 

User avatarLalo Companies I
Manufacturer
When is part II comming out

- 2 FREE Personalized Webmails with every Domain Purchase
- Unlimited Email forwarders with every Domain Purchase
- Easy to use control panel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:44 pm 

Thanks Aindala. English is my 2nd language. I'll try to be more organized next time. This was just done in a spur of the moment and did small adjustments as I re-read it. Part II and further will be posted perhaps in a monthly basis recapping the on-goings of the month.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:31 pm 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
Hatuey wrote:
Thanks Aindala. English is my 2nd language. I'll try to be more organized next time. This was just done in a spur of the moment and did small adjustments as I re-read it.

No problem, we are here to help :)

J. M. Keynes

It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:29 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])