Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:31 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Forum rules

New article? Make a new thread with the Title as the subject. Please use constructive feedback on others articles.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

Should All-Mart be kept around?
Yes, and made even bigger! 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Yes, but made a bit bigger. 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Yes, and kept the same. 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but made a bit smaller. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, but made much smaller. 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
No. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
What the frick is All-Mart? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: In Defense of All-Mart
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:58 am 

Khajiit Trading Inc. (no I'm not a furry)
Having been observing this forum and my friends companies in Simunomica, I have seen a number of very large companies argue against All-Mart, the infamous state-sponsored service that supplies cheap, low-quality products to companies to get them up and running. However, I notice that all of the people who write these articles are large corporations, worth trillions of bucks. Having begun to actually play this game, I have quite a few arguments as to first of all, why All-Mart is a good thing, and second of all, why these corporations may be saying this. First of all, no matter what you may have heard, All-Mart is great for the economy. It provides a way for small start-ups to finance themselves and get up and running, increasing competition in the economy. If we didn't have this, start-ups would have been subject to high prices and price-gouging schemes the likes of which have never been seen before. This already happens, one company, whom I will not name, sells All-Mart quality goods, but at huge prices. And furthermore, he was the only one selling this product at a quality start-ups could afford. And once start-ups get on their feet, they still switch to higher quality goods, because they can afford them, and are undoubtedly worth it. There are two reasons, in my opinion, why large corporations are proporting this narrative.One reason is that they know All-Mart cuts into their ability to price-gouge and hypothetically, the market for high-quality goods. However, another reason, one which I think is more likely, is that these companies, having become so rich and powerful, have lost sight of when they themselves were start-ups, with only 1 million in the bank, since it seems like they have been on top forever. I sincerely hope that the government does not give into this kind of pressure, for all start-ups, and a competitive economy!

BONUS ECOSIM JOURNAL POLL QUESTION:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:02 am 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
I am confident Allmart is not going anywhere.

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:31 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])