Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:35 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Residential apartments!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:49 pm 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
The big update is out, launching Apartment Buildings as a new feature. Please offer any feedback or requests about them here. (We took a few shortcuts to get them out quicker, so we already have a to-do list. For example, at the time of construction we tell you that you can change your layout later. You actually can't right now. We figured it was better to let people start building and add options later rather than make you wait.)

We hope you like it. It's made for experienced players a bit, as befits the level 9 requirement. So for example we don't give any control about how much rent to charge. It will be on you to figure out price and market saturation.

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:20 pm 

User avatarSource One
Grocery Expert
Well done on the surface for sure! I for one am pretty excited to try this out. Do you guys want questions asked here, or would you like a new thread started for Q and A?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:36 pm 
Developer

Put it all here. :)

There is a page in the Encylopedia Simunomica about apartments now, but it could easily be missing stuff so questions are great.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:59 pm 

User avatarSource One
Grocery Expert
Committed wrote:
There is a page in the Encylopedia Simunomica about apartments now, but it could easily be missing stuff so questions are great.

That's actually the first thing I was going to mention. I saw the link at the bottom of my property page, but I don't actually see anything in the Encylopedia about apartments. What am I missing?

I'll wait until this gets figured out before I start with the questions :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:43 pm 
Developer

Oops! We didn't upload the changes to that section! :oops: Should be there now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:12 pm 

joker20008
First impression, this looks awesome! :clap:

Next, I started an apartment and immediately was shown the apartment page like any other building...got distracted, closed it, went to go back to it but where did it go? So I started a second and spent a little time looking inside the building this time, looks good. But right now the apartment tab functions like a beta tab, I can't get into them anymore.

I would like to see the ability to buy a vacant lot and then place an apartment, offering a little more control of starting size and build speed.

Looking forward to finishing the 4 day wait of current construction to explore more. :smile:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:26 pm 

joker20008
Next question. Do the items used go back into your wharehouse when replaced? (furniture and appliances)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:47 pm 
Developer

joker20008 wrote:
Next, I started an apartment and immediately was shown the apartment page like any other building...got distracted, closed it, went to go back to it but where did it go? So I started a second and spent a little time looking inside the building this time, looks good. But right now the apartment tab functions like a beta tab, I can't get into them anymore.

There's an Apartments listing right below R&D in the Real Estate menu. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, because it is otherwise set up like the Beta listings, yes.

Quote:
I would like to see the ability to buy a vacant lot and then place an apartment, offering a little more control of starting size and build speed.

Very reasonable. It's one of the shortcuts we had to take and probably the first gap to be filled in.[/quote]

joker20008 wrote:
Next question. Do the items used go back into your warehouse when replaced? (furniture and appliances)

Nope. Expensed when first applied and gone for good. You also can't withdraw water and electricity once put in. It stays there until used up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:11 am 

joker20008
Committed wrote:
There's an Apartments listing right below R&D in the Real Estate menu. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, because it is otherwise set up like the Beta listings, yes.

Yes, that is the tab I am looking at. Cant seem to do anything with it though other than set expansion speed (because I am premium). Maybe it is because the buildings are under construction?

The other comments, as expected. :thumbup:

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:38 am 

User avatarSource One
Grocery Expert
If you're under the "info" tab, you should be able to click the black and white plus symbol to and the list of property numbers should drop down in red and you can select the property from there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:16 am 
Developer

They should even be pre-expanded, unlike the beta pages for other buildings. The building name or number is a link to the interior.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:59 am 

joker20008
Got it. I was clicking off to the right and not hitting the link. :doh:

Thanks guys! :smile:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:20 am 

User avatarTRIVUz
Shopping Spree: Runner Up
Awesome!

I have few questions
1. What's the maximum size of Apartments?
2. How city population effect on it? I mean, suppose I build 10 million sft of Apartment, someone else too. But populations are limited. So, how does it balance? How do we know total demand of SFT?
3. Is it possible to manipulate city population by adding more SFT? Suppose, city Canjara have 2 million population. We build 10 million SFT of Apartment.. does that increase population? It would be great if this work that way.

That's all for now. I'm very excited to see this new update. Great job!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:03 pm 

joker20008
Is rental rate set per foot, 100 ft, apartment, building?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:46 pm 

User avatarSource One
Grocery Expert
trivuzalam wrote:
Awesome!

2. How city population effect on it? I mean, suppose I build 10 million sft of Apartment, someone else too. But populations are limited. So, how does it balance? How do we know total demand of SFT?
3. Is it possible to manipulate city population by adding more SFT? Suppose, city Canjara have 2 million population. We build 10 million SFT of Apartment.. does that increase population? It would be great if this work that way.

That's all for now. I'm very excited to see this new update. Great job!

I would imagine that they aren't going to give us the all of the keys to how this works. They probably want us to figure it out on our own, as we should.

One thing I noticed is that you're referring to demand in terms of sqft, when in fact, apartment demand will be in terms of actual number of apartments, which can be found on the city stats page. If you rent out a 1000ft apartment and I rent out a 10,000 ft apartment, we have both have simply satisfied the same amount of demand (in terms of percentage of toal demand), 1 apartment each. That's one of the biggest differences in this property type versus what we are used to. A larger property only satisfies a different segment of demand (those willing and able to pay higher rent), not a bigger portion of the demand as a whole.

As far as population manipulation, I doubt and hope that it is not that easy to manipulate the population. Nor would it be realistic in any way. People don't move to cities solely because of apartments available for rent. They move because of jobs, local economy, and personal reasons. Conversely, a lack of housing could keep them from moving to a city, but the opposite isn't necessarily true. Not to mention that we're told that only 1.4% of the population rents furnished apartments. Surely such a small portion of the housing market wouldn't manipulate total population that easily. That would be similar to tying population to the availability of luxury cars.

Idk, just my two cents, which is worth more on some days than others. :lol:

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:35 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])