Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:31 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:03 pm 

joker20008
PatheticGaming wrote:
Someone before told me that we should not talk about how much money exactly we should sent rent for, and alright I get it.. But I'm having some serious problems. I have a 2700 ft apartment building, 25% of it is dedicated to common area. The total furniture QA is 14, the total electricity and water QA is 100. My rent is set to $10. I've had the apartment for a week now, and I'm only housing 1 tenant even though my qa is high, and my price is dead cheap. What am I doing wrong? $10 isn't going to get me anywhere even with 100000 tenants. How can I make my apartment worth it? My rent is so low, I'm getting no tenants, perhaps I should raise my common area? I seriously don't understand what our rent price should be either..

As Commited suggusted above start your rent at your daily expense, judging by your building description I'm guessing you only have one apartment so you will only have 1 tenant. Without getting a calculator out your total building size will have to be over 6000 ft before you have room for a second apartment and therefore a second tenant.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:24 am 

User avatarJoker's Place

joker20008 wrote:
PatheticGaming wrote:
Someone before told me that we should not talk about how much money exactly we should sent rent for, and alright I get it.. But I'm having some serious problems. I have a 2700 ft apartment building, 25% of it is dedicated to common area. The total furniture QA is 14, the total electricity and water QA is 100. My rent is set to $10. I've had the apartment for a week now, and I'm only housing 1 tenant even though my qa is high, and my price is dead cheap. What am I doing wrong? $10 isn't going to get me anywhere even with 100000 tenants. How can I make my apartment worth it? My rent is so low, I'm getting no tenants, perhaps I should raise my common area? I seriously don't understand what our rent price should be either..

As Commited suggusted above start your rent at your daily expense, judging by your building description I'm guessing you only have one apartment so you will only have 1 tenant. Without getting a calculator out your total building size will have to be over 6000 ft before you have room for a second apartment and therefore a second tenant.

Oohhhhhhhh. Dang it, I didn't know I will build an entire building, and only have one apartment in it. Thanks dude

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:14 am 

joker20008
Sure thing. Now as you only have 1 tenant set rent at your daily cost and work it up from there. When you lose your tenant back rent off and he should come back. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:52 pm 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
Just to put it out here: When you start expanding you'll want to pick the right size so you have enough space for multiple apartments. You could just remember your starting size and do a multiple, but it was probably rounded up. At certain sizes you don't have to do that anymore so you can save 100ft.

For example, suppose I have 1000 ft with 15% common area. If 15% of the building is common area, that means 85% is left for the apartments. So to work backwards, total size would have to be:

1000 / 85% = 1176ft.

Which of course would be rounded up to 1200. Now you can assume that 1200 is fine and just expand in multiples of 1200. But you can actually be slightly cheaper. When you get to 5 apartments, 5 * 1176 = 5582, rounding to 5900. (Not 6000 like you'd think if you just did 5x the starting size.)

And of course you can double-check your math the way the system does for you on the building display.

Furnished size: 5900
Common area (15%): 885
Rentable space: 5015
Apartment size: 1000
Apartments for rent: 5

# of apartments = building size * (1 - Common Area) / Apartment Size

OR

BuildingSize = # of Apartments * Apartment Size / (1 - common Area)

Depending on which direction you're going in. :teach:

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:41 pm 

joker20008
A bug related to apartments so I put it here. When you have multiple lines of product to choose from to furnish an apartment it uses the highest quality available (as long as there is enough) no matter what you chose to furnish it with. This was verified with 3 attempts.
I think utilities are working properly as I topped off with a lower quality in my other apartment and that did what I wanted it to.

Edit to add-There was plenty of water and electricity of higher quality to take if it chose to go the same route as furniture page.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:56 pm 
Developer

joker20008 wrote:
A bug related to apartments so I put it here. When you have multiple lines of product to choose from to furnish an apartment it uses the highest quality available (as long as there is enough) no matter what you chose to furnish it with. This was verified with 3 attempts.
I think utilities are working properly as I topped off with a lower quality in my other apartment and that did what I wanted it to.

Edit to add-There was plenty of water and electricity of higher quality to take if it chose to go the same route as furniture page.

Noted, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:09 pm 

The Glass Co.
oh there is a bug in the utilities....

not exactly how to discribe it... didnt screenshot all the stages... but the scenario was

-I had ~1,300,000 utilities in apartment..
-I had 933,540 electricity in ware house ( and 300+ Million of water)
-I tried to add 400,000 to the apartment. (~1,700,000) ( I might have before clicked the 1 week button)

ok... worked... I go back to overview page it added 1.7 days of extra utilities.... I check warehosue and I still have 933,540 (it didnt take from inventory??? ) I check appartment again... try to add 400,000 again.

now that appartment building says 933,540 utilities in appartment (and above it 933,540 in warehouse) OHH.. I knot this is a glitch... apartment overview just went down to 2.0 days of utilities again... I just wanished utilities that were already in the appartment... and I cannot add more... !!! ???

in the utilty screen there is another glitch.. http://i.imgur.com/DFhrVhL.png < total utilities / minimum / maximum.... mas be some formula on the backend cross referencing itself.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:48 am 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
Thanks GlassCo, I'll look into it.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:45 pm 
Developer

theglassco wrote:
oh there is a bug in the utilities....

not exactly how to discribe it... didnt screenshot all the stages... but the scenario was

-I had ~1,300,000 utilities in apartment..
-I had 933,540 electricity in ware house ( and 300+ Million of water)
-I tried to add 400,000 to the apartment. (~1,700,000) ( I might have before clicked the 1 week button)

ok... worked... I go back to overview page it added 1.7 days of extra utilities.... I check warehosue and I still have 933,540 (it didnt take from inventory??? ) I check appartment again... try to add 400,000 again.

now that appartment building says 933,540 utilities in appartment (and above it 933,540 in warehouse) OHH.. I knot this is a glitch... apartment overview just went down to 2.0 days of utilities again... I just wanished utilities that were already in the appartment... and I cannot add more... !!! ???

I've been trying to test and I can't seem to make this kind of bug appear. Make sure you understand that you're putting in the TOTAL number you want, not the amount you plan to add. It sounds like you do, but it's an easy mistake to make.

Quote:
in the utilty screen there is another glitch.. http://i.imgur.com/DFhrVhL.png < total utilities / minimum / maximum.... mas be some formula on the backend cross referencing itself.

Similarly, I don't see anything wrong here. 933,540 is already there with another 933,540 in the warehouse. Thus a maximum of 1,867,080.

On the other hand, I did replicate the bug that was taking the top quality Furnishings each time so that's fixed now.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:10 am 

User avatarVerified
Congrats on the new feature devs! :clap:

This is exciting! Trying out my first apt building now...

I looked through but couldn't see anything on this, so forgive me if this was discussed... Can you add the apt to the platinum view where all the other properties are listed? The platinum view is the screen I use to check up on all my properties at once and I keep forgetting about the apartment because it's not on there :look:

Thanks again :smile:

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:06 pm 
Developer

Verified wrote:
Congrats on the new feature devs! :clap:

This is exciting! Trying out my first apt building now...

I looked through but couldn't see anything on this, so forgive me if this was discussed... Can you add the apt to the platinum view where all the other properties are listed? The platinum view is the screen I use to check up on all my properties at once and I keep forgetting about the apartment because it's not on there :look:

Thanks again :smile:

It's on the to-do list but I don't know how difficult it is. We haven't even settled yet on what a proper display should look like in the dedicated listing.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:36 pm 

User avatarWorld Works International

Just got the status display for apartments in the Main Office, thanks! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:41 am 

User avatarVerified
I see it on the platinum screen now :cool:

If I keep asking for things on here and getting them, I will get spoiled real quick.

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:31 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])