Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:24 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:01 pm 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
trivuzalam wrote:
1. What's the maximum size of Apartments?

10,000 ft. And the maximum on common area is 90%. So technically you could have a fully furnished and supplied building at 199,900 ft with only 1 apartment.

trivuzalam wrote:
2. How city population effect on it? I mean, suppose I build 10 million sft of Apartment, someone else too. But populations are limited. So, how does it balance? How do we know total demand of SFT?

The maximum number of apartment rentals is 1.4% of the city's population. That is highly segmented, with each group having minimum requirements and maximum rents. Other than a single supply/demand ratio on the City Statistics page, we aren't giving guidance about the market yet. This is meant to be a high-level challenge, where players learn by experimenting.

We might in the future offer better indication of what competitions exists, but we're unlikely to give strict numbers on what you *should* offer. Once it's out, remodeling should be pretty quick so you can switch strategies if you find yourself oversupplied.

Quote:
3. Is it possible to manipulate city population by adding more SFT? Suppose, city Canjara have 2 million population. We build 10 million SFT of Apartment.. does that increase population?

Not at this time. In the future, probably. But if we made living space affect population immediately, then every city would start tanking because the feature only just started to exist. Once some buildings are up we'll likely make that a factor, yes.

joker20008 wrote:
Is rental rate set per foot, 100 ft, apartment, building?

Rental price is per apartment. Once built and supplied the page will give you a profit/loss forecast at full occupancy so you can see how it multiplies out.

Edit: I could have just waited. Dean's answers were like perfect. :)

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:11 pm 

User avatarSource One
Grocery Expert
Committed wrote:

Edit: I could have just waited. Dean's answers were like perfect. :)

Haha, that just proves that anyone can get lucky once!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:40 am 

User avatarSource One
Grocery Expert
Am I missing something when it comes to expansion? When I try to expand, any amount of sqft that I enter is changed back to 100ft every time I hit the update button. I thought maybe it has to be expanded in increments of the original size in order to keep the apartment/common area ratio the same, but that doesn't fix it either. However it did allow me to expand 100ft. Are we limited to just 100ft at a time?

This poses another question now that my property is currently only expanding 100ft..... If I expand my apartment by a size that does not match the original ratio of apartment/common area, what happens to that extra space? Is it automatically added to common area, effectively changing my ratio? I guess I'll find out in 20 minutes on my property, but since the expansion part possibly isn't working right, I'm also wondering if the result I get when my 100ft is done is going to be what you guys intended. :help:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:12 pm 
Developer

That was a bug. It should be fixed now so you can expand any size.

Quote:
If I expand my apartment by a size that does not match the original ratio of apartment/common area, what happens to that extra space?
The same thing you would expect to happen with an unfinished section of a building: nothing. You don't have to pay maintenance on it either, unless for some reason you furnish it. In which case you still have an unfinished section of building, only there's a couch there and the maintenance guy comes buy every so often. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:24 pm 

User avatarSticky Fork Plus

I have a newbie question. Am I doing something wrong with apt costs. It shows 110,000 dollars a day for maintenance. That seem shin

Another issue is that when I originally furnished it showed it as designated one soft per so many sq ft. But to refurbish it show 1 fer sq for of aprt. For example to refurbish a 1500 sq ft Apt it says I need Tom have 1500 sofas.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:20 pm 
Developer

Sticky Fork Plus wrote:
I have a newbie question. Am I doing something wrong with apt costs. It shows 110,000 dollars a day for maintenance.

I took a look at your biggest building and your maintenance cost is fine. If you don't mind me saying so, the problem you're going to have is that your utility cost is way out of whack. Especially for that apartment size.

Apartments are meant to be difficult and you may lose money at first. At this point you are more likely to miss out by charging too much than by lack of luxury.

Quote:
Another issue is that when I originally furnished it showed it as designated one soft per so many sq ft. But to refurbish it show 1 fer sq for of aprt. For example to refurbish a 1500 sq ft Apt it says I need Tom have 1500 sofas.

That was a display bug. It wasn't taking the wrong amount, but was showing the wrong amount when your full building was already furnished. It should be fixed now, and I've sent you the Bug Swatter award as thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:27 am 

User avatarSticky Fork Plus

Thank you for giving me some advice. I appreciate it very much! Glad we got the bug fixed!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:48 pm 

joker20008
When it says certain customers require higher quality or higher quality may be more appealing does that reference the furniture and utility group as a whole? Will an awesome refrigerator make up for a crappy bed, sofa, and washing machine or do they all need to meet a minimum? Same question for utilities.

Does occupancy updated multiple times a daily similar to r&d centers or once a day at a certain time?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:55 pm 
Developer

joker20008 wrote:
When it says certain customers require higher quality or higher quality may be more appealing does that reference the furniture and utility group as a whole? Will an awesome refrigerator make up for a crappy bed, sofa, and washing machine or do they all need to meet a minimum? Same question for utilities.

Does occupancy updated multiple times a daily similar to r&d centers or once a day at a certain time?

Furnishings are computed as a single average. So are utilities. (This is actually why we can't let you withdraw water and electricity after supplying them - because we don't know what the QA of each was.

Occupancy is once per day right now. We may increase that in the future, but in return for a slower move-in rate per calculation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:44 pm 

joker20008
Thanks for the explanation.

Committed wrote:
(This is actually why we can't let you withdraw water and electricity after supplying them - because we don't know what the QA of each was.

This answered my next question. I was becoming frustrated with the inability to swap these two items out for the purpose of experimentation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:17 am 

User avatarJoker's Place

I started a construction of an apartment, but there isn't an apartments tab under R and D, not in beta listing, not in real estate. How do I actually access my apartment?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:50 am 

User avatarJoker's Place

WHAT IS THIS?? I am not level 9, but i constructed 2 apartments to check them out still because I was able to... I went through 20 million cash, and i can't access them or even SELL them again?! Did I just seriously waste all that money and all my build kits for nothing?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:20 pm 

User avatarSource One
Grocery Expert
PatheticGaming wrote:
WHAT IS THIS?? I am not level 9, but i constructed 2 apartments to check them out still because I was able to... I went through 20 million cash, and i can't access them or even SELL them again?! Did I just seriously waste all that money and all my build kits for nothing?

Sounds like a glitch. Shouldn't have been able to construct them. But why did you if you aren't level 9?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:13 pm 

User avatarRonak Holdings I

Outsourcing.

Can we outsource most of the stuff needed for apartments?

A player from his warehouse can directly do replenishing(of water and electricity), change sofas etc., and I have to pay him a certain amount for his supply?

Third party stuff, as things work in real life?

Also need more options for apartments, as in if the residents choose to pay the utilities themselves, the rent becomes cheaper etc. ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:28 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
PatheticGaming wrote:

You shouldn't have been able to. If I had to guess where the bug is, I suspect you did it through developing vacant rather than through the primary Construction menu. Am I right?

I'll offer you 3 choices. Tell us which you prefer:

1) Refund of what you spent. Rather than pull out the pieces I'll give you the cash value spent on the build kits, plus the construction costs, plus the value of the land. (Plus the land slots back.)

2) Manually bump you to Level 9. It won't change your assets or score, but will get you access to Level 8 and features. Drawback: one of those features is tax, which starts at level 8. It's not too bad because there's a minimum deduction, but think about it before saying yes.

3) Let the buildings sit in the background. You still own them, you just can't access until you reach Level 9 naturally.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:24 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])