Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:33 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:38 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
ronak1996 wrote:
Outsourcing.

Can we outsource most of the stuff needed for apartments?

A player from his warehouse can directly do replenishing(of water and electricity), change sofas etc., and I have to pay him a certain amount for his supply?

Third party stuff, as things work in real life?

Also need more options for apartments, as in if the residents choose to pay the utilities themselves, the rent becomes cheaper etc. ?

The thing I was always wary about with apartments, and a reason we didn't do them years ago, is that I don't want it to be a hands-off black box that just spits out money every so often. I need some interaction, play, and choices on a recurring basis. It's already a bit low on that end for my tastes. Outsourcing the utilities would make that even worse. (Plus it would be an awkward interface as you'd want to maintain control over quality and costs. Just weird overall.)

Same thing for residents paying utilities or doing their own furnishings. Those are built into the return on investment considerations. If you don't have to worry about that then an apartment just sits there spitting out guaranteed money until you've filled the market.

What we do intend to do however is add the Gold feature that you can supply all buildings at once. Needs a bit of detailed interface work but it's definitely on the to-do list.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:04 pm 

User avatarJoker's Place

Amarsir wrote:
PatheticGaming wrote:
WHAT IS THIS?? I am not level 9, but i constructed 2 apartments to check them out still because I was able to... I went through 20 million cash, and i can't access them or even SELL them again?! Did I just seriously waste all that money and all my build kits for nothing?

You shouldn't have been able to. If I had to guess where the bug is, I suspect you did it through developing vacant rather than through the primary Construction menu. Am I right?

I'll offer you 3 choices. Tell us which you prefer:

1) Refund of what you spent. Rather than pull out the pieces I'll give you the cash value spent on the build kits, plus the construction costs, plus the value of the land. (Plus the land slots back.)

2) Manually bump you to Level 9. It won't change your assets or score, but will get you access to Level 8 and features. Drawback: one of those features is tax, which starts at level 8. It's not too bad because there's a minimum deduction, but think about it before saying yes.

3) Let the buildings sit in the background. You still own them, you just can't access until you reach Level 9 naturally.

Bump myself to level 9 manually, I don't want a refund because I also bought lots of build kits to construct it. And I constructed it not on a vacant land, just plainly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:04 pm 

The Glass Co.
So, I created an account just to be able to post this!

A) When I expand existing building the Furniture QA goes to 0 ! and the utilities "drain"!
I already lost Millions in utilities this way, now I never refill for more than 24 hours at a time.

B) See attached image, How do I have a -1 tennants? I am just bleading rent at -100% rate!!!
http://pasteboard.co/582GtX84s.png

C) small mathematical error (see image)
http://pasteboard.co/58bIXqWOR.png
and some display errors? occasionally is shows under construction occasionally it shows rent price.

I cannot rely on these panels at All! The old Panels in manufacturing showed everything on one screen, the new beta panels show it on 4 difference screens (in manufacturing)
- In appartments it looks like its not 100% figured out what they are supposed to be showing!
- Or when a building is Idle, or Under Construction, or Working.
(right now occupied building = iddle, under construction = working, and empty building = idle)
- occasionally I rent 2 out of 4 apartments in the same building at the same price (obviously) Its not like the market is saturated, so why am I not renting them all? is there a fill rate? only 2 move ins a day?

lots of issues in this new feature, I like the idea of the new 'market' but its either broken, or there need to be some transparency on how it works!
So far I have lost 1 Billion on 4 buildings and 12 appartments, a bit expensive if my return is (maybe) 40K per appartment / per day!

Spoiler: the rent price seems to be :beta: 50/sq.ft.

D) before I forget! Where in the financial statement do I find the expences/gains from apparmtments? also why iscost of construction not accounted for in Expences, (and therefore tax deductible) and Please Add in the balance sheet the property assets "apartments".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:15 am 

User avatarJoker's Place

Amarsir wrote:
PatheticGaming wrote:
WHAT IS THIS?? I am not level 9, but i constructed 2 apartments to check them out still because I was able to... I went through 20 million cash, and i can't access them or even SELL them again?! Did I just seriously waste all that money and all my build kits for nothing?

You shouldn't have been able to. If I had to guess where the bug is, I suspect you did it through developing vacant rather than through the primary Construction menu. Am I right?

I'll offer you 3 choices. Tell us which you prefer:

1) Refund of what you spent. Rather than pull out the pieces I'll give you the cash value spent on the build kits, plus the construction costs, plus the value of the land. (Plus the land slots back.)

2) Manually bump you to Level 9. It won't change your assets or score, but will get you access to Level 8 and features. Drawback: one of those features is tax, which starts at level 8. It's not too bad because there's a minimum deduction, but think about it before saying yes.

3) Let the buildings sit in the background. You still own them, you just can't access until you reach Level 9 naturally.

Oh my God, this is amazing, thank you so much. Now I'm not exactly sure what to do... I see I am level 9, a producer, but I STILL don't see Apartments in Real Estate, or any of my apartments I built. What do I do? I built my apartment on Thursday, and it told me it would take around 5 days, 5 days didn't pass yet, but do I have to wait before Apartments appears?Also, it still says my score is 14000, is that normal?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:33 am 

User avatarWorld Works International

theglassco wrote:
A) When I expand existing building the Furniture QA goes to 0 ! and the utilities "drain"!
I already lost Millions in utilities this way, now I never refill for more than 24 hours at a time...

B) See attached image, How do I have a -1 tennants? I am just bleading rent at -100% rate!!!...

C) small mathematical error...
and some display errors? occasionally is shows under construction occasionally it shows rent price.

I cannot rely on these panels at All! The old Panels in manufacturing showed everything on one screen, the new beta panels show it on 4 difference screens (in manufacturing)
- In appartments it looks like its not 100% figured out what they are supposed to be showing!
- Or when a building is Idle, or Under Construction, or Working.
(right now occupied building = iddle, under construction = working, and empty building = idle)
- occasionally I rent 2 out of 4 apartments in the same building at the same price (obviously) Its not like the market is saturated, so why am I not renting them all? is there a fill rate? only 2 move ins a day?

Spoiler: the rent price seems to be :beta: 50/sq.ft.

D) before I forget! Where in the financial statement do I find the expences/gains from apparmtments? also why iscost of construction not accounted for in Expences, (and therefore tax deductible) and Please Add in the balance sheet the property assets "apartments".

Ola! Well summarised. +1 to all this, the drain being the most annoying. I lost 4 weeks of utilities like that. Oh, well... As long as the awesome dev fixes it (though I'm sure we wouldn't say no to a reimbursal :p)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:15 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
Sorry on delay guys. Bad timing for issues over a holiday weekend (plus tax day).

1) Joker's Place: The menu accidentally had > 9 not ">= 9". Should be fixed now.

2) Utilities disappearing on expansion should also be fixed. I'll try to do some reimbursement for what went missing but it will also be a little slower.

3) The accounting for apartments got shoved into Licensing (revenue) and Training (expenses). This was one of the corners cut. As soon as I'm sure these more urgent issues are sorted out I'll create proper lines for them.

4) Negative tenants. We had this at one point in early testing and then fixed it, but apparently there's another way. I'll have to figure out what your magic technique is, Glass Co.

5) Beta style listing.
Quote:
- In apartments it looks like its not 100% figured out what they are supposed to be showing!

You've got that right. There are minor display issues like the formatting error that said -82 instead of -82,000, but the bigger issue that keeps coming up is trying to fit 50 pounds of information in a 10 pound sack. (So to speak). I don't love using 4 panels, but fitting all the relevant information in vertical columns, with all the different modes and choices, with some consistency across business types, AND accommodating mobile - it isn't at all obvious.

6) Rentals are not instant gratification and not all-or-nothing. People moving in should come about 60% of the gap per day, rounded up. So if 100 people want to move in you should get 60 the first day, 24 the second day, 10 the third, 4 the 4th, etc until full.

Moving out is faster, often instant. This is because people won't stay in an inhospitable building and we didn't want you doing tricks like getting renters then jacking the rent way way up.

Also I put in a good deal of effort creating a distribution function that works reasonably like real-world reasoning - that is to say it's not winner-take-all. Picture 1000 renters and 11 buildings of 100 apartments each. It would NOT go full/full/full .... empty. Instead the most desirable buildings would be full or nearly full and the last nearly empty, but not 100%.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:00 am 

User avatarJoker's Place

I don't exactly understand what we should set the renting price to. The default renting price is $1.00. Is there anyway I can calculate the renting price depending on common area, quality appeal and size of my apartment? I have no clue if the price should be set to a number below 100, in the hundreds, or maybe even thousands

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:40 am 

PatheticGaming wrote:
I don't exactly understand what we should set the renting price to. The default renting price is $1.00. Is there anyway I can calculate the renting price depending on common area, quality appeal and size of my apartment? I have no clue if the price should be set to a number below 100, in the hundreds, or maybe even thousands

The rent price is per apartment, no?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:07 pm 

joker20008
Rent price is per apartment per day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:24 pm 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
I'd suggest pricing it at break even, making sure you get tenants, and then raising it over time.

The default of :B: 1 is not a suggestion. We don't give a suggestion on apartments because we want it to be more advanced.

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:00 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
I gave cash reimbursements for lost utilities. No exact numbers were available due to the nature of the bug, but I assumed based on the completed size of buildings. The following companies got anywhere from :beta: 675k to :beta: 61m.

Polish Products
Futura Industries
Jahngel Emperio
aryaspirit
CIP Corporation
Retail Inc.
Molek Group
Goodlife
World Works International
Sticky Fork Plus
Fedenni Inc
Wiz International
Atomic R&D
The Glass Co

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:03 am 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
theglassco wrote:

Income Statements now have a revenue line for Rent and an Expense line for Maintenance. Water and Elec also go into Maintenance as they are used. (Furnishings go into Remodeling expense when you Furnish.)

Balance Sheet has a line for Apartment Buildings.

This is all only going forward. Statements prior to now will only show 0 for those values. (Because expenses went to the other lines before.)

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:25 am 

Committed wrote:
theglassco wrote:

Income Statements now have a revenue line for Rent and an Expense line for Maintenance. Water and Elec also go into Maintenance as they are used. (Furnishings go into Remodeling expense when you Furnish.)

Balance Sheet has a line for Apartment Buildings.

This is all only going forward. Statements prior to now will only show 0 for those values. (Because expenses went to the other lines before.)

I have apartments (rented) but the relevant lines are showing blank in the financial statement.
http://pasteboard.co/8OIf05Q4v.png
http://pasteboard.co/8OJhMpNDp.png

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:18 am 

User avatarJoker's Place

Someone before told me that we should not talk about how much money exactly we should sent rent for, and alright I get it.. But I'm having some serious problems. I have a 2700 ft apartment building, 25% of it is dedicated to common area. The total furniture QA is 14, the total electricity and water QA is 100. My rent is set to $10. I've had the apartment for a week now, and I'm only housing 1 tenant even though my qa is high, and my price is dead cheap. What am I doing wrong? $10 isn't going to get me anywhere even with 100000 tenants. How can I make my apartment worth it? My rent is so low, I'm getting no tenants, perhaps I should raise my common area? I seriously don't understand what our rent price should be either..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:27 am 

User avatarRonak Holdings I

What i would do in your case @PatheticGaming.

Make the apartments small, and so will the rent go downwards. Cost of living index is pretty high.

So, have smaller apartments, maybe 500sqft each, no more than 10% of it to common areas, and have more apartments.

You only have a single home right now, from what i get from your answer.

So, only a single bachelor is renting it out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:33 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])