Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:38 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Strategy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:17 pm 

User avatarRonak Holdings I

How do i go about ?

A modest retail space, quite a bit of manufacturing prowess, but with the demand so low, i cannot reasonably make some product in huge quantities.
Changing factory focus takes an entirety and it is expensive, if i want to go a bit fast.

The obvious strategy for me, seems to be spread out across multiple products, each being made in smaller quantities and stuff.

But then the costs increase dramatically. Research overhead costs, multiple logistics.

Some strategy is needed.

I'm open to suggestions.

It can be on any level of weird.

And, I'd appreciate if the devs to want to give in their $0.02 about how do returning players adjust to the changes, so that it doesn't bankrupt the players.

Post subject: Re: Strategy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:18 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
To be honest this is the challenge we always wanted you to have.

When you're small, the conflict is about avoiding larger competitors. Pick a product with minimal supply and establish a niche, and shift quickly if a competitor comes in. Your buildings are efficient and you won't inherently overfill any market on your own.

At large sizes, you don't really care about small competitors because you are your own competition. If you focus too much you overfill the market. But if you don't focus enough, you can't really capitalize on economy of scale.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:54 pm 

And that my dear dev, is beating the spit out of my brains.

I've been racking through each and every idea, and the only thing that comes to mind is, just ask others.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:55 am 

atlantic420
ok Ill give you my :beta: 2,000,000 (which apparently equals to about 2 cents)

I started few months ago.... I found 1 product that noone was making (less than 20% average across all 4 cities) [books]
Then I noticed that product has a "sister" product... [magazines]

the required componenets were [paper] and [dye] and an insignificant amount of printers. But the supply of paper and dye was extremely expensive on the market. so I made my own... I figured out thanks to 'Phill' ho much paper I can produce in a 20,000ft factory... how much [wood] I needed, how much [water] I needed per day... same for [dye]

building a big factory is expensive... so I built 10x20,000ft of [books] and 10x20,000 of [magazines] and the coresponsind amount of [paper], [dyes], water, wood, etc...

This is called verticacally integrated business model... I manufacture the componenents and subcomponennts and raw materials needed for my comercial retail product...

Ofcourse some raw materials were available on the market at better QAs... this meant I could manufacture better qa book/magazines... but I only relied on them as a boost... because they are not always available and can be expensive...

My vertically integrated business was making a product at 1/5 the price of it available on the market... and I could sell in my retail stores for about 9x the production cost... that meant I had an 89% margin on my product.

since I had 10x20,000 factories... now I could shut down 5 of them and expand them while the other 5 were still producing... this is how I slowly expanded to 50,000 factories... (unfortunately which only gives you ~30% production boost)

I am making 2 Billion a day... yes I know others are making more...

it also took some simple excel work to figure out the price/cost of sales/return over time curves...
http://i.imgur.com/sZvFZPV.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:12 am 

Agreeably, that is a fine business model, just like Elon Musk is fond of.

But you can't go on adhering to vertical integration, when you have factories that are around 2,000,000 sqft, and 80 of those.

The problem is i cannot really use economies of scale. Production doesn't get cheaper in the game, as your buildings size increase(admittedly, it should get cheaper upto a certain extent, and then get more expensive).

Focus change. I can't really change the focus of my factories, without being broke. Really. and if i did it at 1x speed, i'd be back into the game in 180 days or so.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:51 am 

Bestbuyever
Really the only strategy the will work is to start selling off your 2million sq ft factories and replace them with 100K factories. Otherwise it will cost you far to much to make product and you will make far to many of whatever you produce. When I first started growing rapidly I was chasing Perfume volume in all cities. Then I hit it and the population started going down drastically. I went from producing it in about 30-40 factories to now I produce more than all cities require in about 5 factories. Population is so bad that I'm thinking about selling my largest factories (800K) just because they are over producing by so much. I imagine a 2 million sq ft factory is just ridiculous as far as volume. The cost/time to convert factories over to each handle we'll say 1 separate product I can't imagine you would ever make your money back.

I've been noticing many long time players leaving lately because they worked so hard to build a large profitable business and within a couple months the devs destroyed the population and thus making the prior business's look stupid. I mean why produce 10 million of a product when the cities require 300K. Well the answer is they were producing because the populations demanded it and in a few short months a plague hit and wiped out large numbers of the population thus killing demand.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:03 pm 

The only problem being, the making of these factories has taken long enough that I don't want to sell them.

Having these for over a couple years now.

Maybe economies of scale, doesn't work after all.

Still trying to get a hang of all the new changes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:05 pm 

Upon keen evaluation, i did find out, that selling all of my buildings, bar the RnD centers and farms(those take too bloody long to get back) I'd be valued at slightly under 300t.

And then next big question that would arise is, how do i use that money?

It feels like progressing with the game, was just an illusion. Now the game's like a century backwards, and me and my buildings are a century forward.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:35 pm 

User avatarCorban Industries
Bug Swatter
ronak1996 wrote:
The only problem being, the making of these factories has taken long enough that I don't want to sell them.

Having these for over a couple years now.

Maybe economies of scale, doesn't work after all.

Still trying to get a hang of all the new changes.

we do get attached to our buildings ;)
i have the same issue since my factories are 5m in size each. i decided to spread out a months ago and waited for my farms and factories to change once i heard the changes where coming. finding out that i didn't bet on it being so low in population and demand when i made the change. so still over produce for my size. so optimizing size and demand to take advantage of my size is very very difficult at this stage. not sure how i am going to handle it. i can make profit but not the profit i want to be making.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:44 pm 

atlantic420
- just sit on the extra building (wait for game to change)

- produce cheap 0qa product... stockpile it... it doesnt depreciate... and there is plenty expensive product but we are short on affordable goods.

- give me a building or 2

- consider filantrophy... like improve the intercity transporation network on your dime (and decrease the prices)

- or help fix the market (steel is stupidly expensive, someone is hoarding) become like china and dump on market... decrease the price.. other people start producing.

- build more hospitals so we have more babies that one might not work yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:36 am 

Producing qa0 items seems like the only alternative instead of producing high quality stuff right now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:43 am 

as of now, the only viable strategy seems to exhaust all of my stock. pretty high quality stuff left overs, should last for sometime, till then i will get a chance to think over about proceeding further.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:58 pm 

The Glass Co.
I have just commented in 2 other posts about this issue. Goods on the market are overpriced! and you can make 0qa product cheaper than allamrt buyout price = you can sell to allmart and make a profit (~30% margin).

consider marking and flooding market with cheaper Industrial goods, and help boost production for other players that cannot afford to have a factory for every intermediate good they need to make to a sofa. ( still make a profit, on the raw materials, but not a 1000% one)

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:38 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])