Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:22 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: I was wondering
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:47 am 

User avatarStarz Premium
Beer Authority
Hello everyone !

My name is Alex and I own Starz Premium, I recently came back and I want to know, does anyone keep playing this game or it is just dead ? A lot have changed since I left for expansion, reached 36.000.000 ft in factories and now I need suppliers but can't find anyone. I already bought 80 tickets from the system, used 40 for platinum but if this game which I loved is no longer full of active players, I will leave again :(

Post subject: Re: I was wondering
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:51 am 

User avatarWorld Works International

It's actively played, and to quote the developers, there are a good few ~400-500 active accounts :)

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:15 pm 

joker20008
Welcome back Starz. :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:23 pm 

The Glass Co.
some of us dont post the raw materials on the market:

look up in Office>City Statistics>Product Info, who makes the raw good that you want. Then send them an email and ask if they are willing to sell. Many people have agreed on long term supply contracts instead of buying from the market.

Also some goods are in demand, and if they are on the market some might just buy them all up! to stock up even if they dont need that much so the goods disappear quickly or seem to not be there!

people need to post more of their excess inventory into the marketplace!

I generate all my income from market sales!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:13 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
theglassco wrote:

Any idea how to encourage people to do that without complex punishments or exploitable rewards?

We could put a small fee on invoices and that might encourage more movement to the market, but I don't want people to feel they have to race.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:31 am 

Castor Holdings
Amarsir wrote:
theglassco wrote:

Any idea how to encourage people to do that without complex punishments or exploitable rewards?

We could put a small fee on invoices and that might encourage more movement to the market, but I don't want people to feel they have to race.

this fee can affect other stuff that is not products(like buildings). it would hurt other businesses that can't depend on markets

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:20 am 

User avatarsaltwater

Here's my salty example!

The company I work for as my real life job pays our phone bill. Here's how!
So every month when I look at my "check stub" I'll see that $30.00 goes to my phone bill!
That might not seem like nothing to some people, but it's my personal phone! Not a company phone! So basically I'm saying there're giving me free money!
$360.00 a year! Free, here's the kicker! It's not taxed!!!!!!!!!!
Tell me that's not a little tax return that can be spent on many things!
My point is, this is money they really don't have to legally give you.

To Dev!

You can set up some sort of link that auto checks the products in the players warehouses and you could set up an option that a player could sell a very small amount of each product weekly or monthly tax free on the market. When the tax bill comes out each month then that won't include it! Tax free, set a link on the accounting page and show the players that the goods they sold on the market was tax free.

Lets say a player sold for example Grain, and they were able to sell like 5,000 units a month for free or a way like this. That might sell very fast from a buyer that needs it, then that seller will see it moved very quickly and will list more onto the market page. So in a way, that's my idea!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:07 am 

User avatarHatuey Enterprise

saltwater wrote:
Here's my salty example!

So every month when I look at my "check stub" I'll see that $30.00 goes to my phone bill!
That might not seem like nothing to some people, but it's my personal phone! Not a company phone! So basically I'm saying there're giving me free money!

To Dev!

You can set up some sort of link that auto checks the products in the players warehouses and you could set up an option that a player could sell a very small amount of each product weekly or monthly tax free on the market. When the tax bill comes out each month then that won't include it! Tax free, set a link on the accounting page and show the players that the goods they sold on the market was tax free.

Lets say a player sold for example Grain, and they were able to sell like 5,000 units a month for free or a way like this. That might sell very fast from a buyer that needs it, then that seller will see it moved very quickly and will list more onto the market page. So in a way, that's my idea!

good idea.. I can 2nd this request even if am not as active :D

Salty boy get on skype. I am gathering the old crew and a good amount of the newer ones to start a new adventure as a group. I know you will be on board once you read up :dance:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:10 pm 

User avatarLalo Companies I
Manufacturer
saltwater wrote:
Here's my salty example!

To Dev!

I shall third that request

- 2 FREE Personalized Webmails with every Domain Purchase
- Unlimited Email forwarders with every Domain Purchase
- Easy to use control panel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:38 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
That is a good and creative idea. I'm pretty sure we could rig a tax rebate that gives up to a certain amount back on tax day. In principle I don't love things that make the tax code more complicated, but since it's definitely something that exists in the real world I certainly think it's fair game for simulation.

:beta: 1 million in rebate per month would mean you're benefitting from your first :beta: 6.7 million of profits on market sales. Worthy of attention or too small?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:28 am 

joker20008
Amarsir wrote:
That is a good and creative idea. I'm pretty sure we could rig a tax rebate that gives up to a certain amount back on tax day. In principle I don't love things that make the tax code more complicated, but since it's definitely something that exists in the real world I certainly think it's fair game for simulation.

:beta: 1 million in rebate per month would mean you're benefitting from your first :beta: 6.7 million of profits on market sales. Worthy of attention or too small?

While I would certainly benefit from this idea as I already rely heavily on market sales, I am concerned with Saltwater's proposition involving a portion of production automatically going to the market. I also do a fair amount of buying off the market and I really don't look forward to sifting through 100's of potential offers to see if they are priced right and only acquiring a similarly small percentage of an item needed because that is all that is offered multiple times.

If I am reading between the lines correctly I believe you are leaning towards a simple rebate of any market listing with no 'automatic portion' and that I am all for. Perhaps something along the lines of a flat x rebate per x market sales profit would entice more participation instead of just the first 6.7m though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:32 am 

User avatarGlobal Trade S.A.

One thing is different in this game, its in here not an concurrence between companies but between TG's.

That is also the reason people dont want to offer on the market, because retail and supplies are supposed to stay in the TG.

TG's are not willing to trade with solo companies even, so they keep the market closed.

This takes away the possibility for a nice and smooth running market.

However, for be free i think it should be a personal choice how you want to sell your stuff, so i am against automatic send to market part of the production.

raws can be easy be picked up from the market (low qa)

But retail and other stuff, i think it will not work. Whatever you wish to do.

But good luck anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:55 pm 

User avatarMuff MFG.
Wood Toys Maker
If you want to improve market listings why not give incentive. You can have monthly contests, awards, prizes like tax exemption or 30 days of gold, tickets, what have you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:43 am 

User avatarsaltwater

I think ten million that's getting taxed free is great. To many bigger players, this is not much at all! Joker, think of the smaller players, who need the extra cash for more products.

Also, Trade Groups do trade within, but not every member keeps products just in the group.
They do sell outside the groups, for higher costs though. Think how that could also help the smaller companies that want to make more money than selling to a friend for a cheaper cost. Now they have the option to sell on the market(tax free up to ten million), and raising the price at the same time, which they could've done this whole time, but now any company can save free money, just by simply listening products on the market page! Free money beats no money? Correct?

Please explain to me better if you truly don't think this will benefit the new companies coming in, and with the already existing companies. :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:44 am 

joker20008
You are correct on all accounts salty. :smile:

My previous comments were of the mindset to get larger players to offer more on the market which included an off the top of my head suggestion that may entice them. It is certainly not needed.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:22 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])