Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:39 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: A big question
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:29 pm 

User avatarTop Gear

Hi friends...

Some of you may know me,some others not.
Let me introduce myself: I am an old player from greece,i started playing siminomics 5 years ago.
My companies most known names were Max Gear,Top Gear,Olympics etc.
I really enjoyed playing this game and i made some great friends over there,Most of them became real friends too even if 7 continents seperate us!
After 2,5 years of playing i decided to take a break,i had a lot of real life issues to solve (army,university,work).
2 months later i realized that my break will be permanent,i didnt want to play this game anymore.
The game became stressful for me and it wasnt funny for me to play anymore.
Most of you maybe dont know exactly what happened these old days,if you are one of them you can run into old forum post and learn by yourself.
I was sure about my decision,so the next step was to split my fortune to all my accounts and share them with my buddies and friends.Thats what i did,i splitted all my fortune (450trillions) to my accounts and then gave them away to active players.

Now almost 6 years after the first time i joined this amazing game,i came back and i have a question:

Whose fault is the game failure?Can we blame developers for this?

I think only old and experienced players can answer this question.

Personally for the record,the game lost its interesting for me after the problems i had with non-cooperated players and the unfair competition they made.

So my answer to my question is YES,developers have a big share of responsibility for this.
Because they didnt stop it when most of us complained for this.
Of course this is my point of view.

Post subject: Re: A big question
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:21 am 

User avatarsaltwater

Welcome back Elder:) Glad to see a face from the past!

My thoughts, were all to blame.
I truly don't think you can blame dev for these issues that has happened.
Remember, it's only a couple of them and thousands of players(Maybe at one time).
I think they tried to fix the issues while the issues were happening, but if they missed a couple of days away from the game, then the issues only got deeper.

I personally think that it was the players that did this. Remember mate, 450 trillion bought everything. What's the point of a game when players with that much cash just bought everything, held onto it, or abused the money and sold it for real cash.

I think the money problem grew out of hand way to quickly! Every player then cheated from that, even I. If you invested in the stock and bond page(Any player) then that was cheating, because you knew you would be gaining so much from it.

Now that the Devs are fixing the issues, I feel most of the old players are mad because they think they earned all that money. Some did earn it! But for the bulk of us, we didn't earn it fair and square. I did purchase tickets and sell them that way to gain a ton of money, but I still think that was abusing it.

Not trying to be rude to anyone who reads this, just passing my thoughts here.
Been here since 2010, and plan on going for much longer!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:13 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
While cooperation is indeed one of the great features of the game, so too is competition. For every complaint about "non-cooperating players unfair competition" was another about cartels and bullying. We like groups working together, but if you ever thought you could be immune to market forces, let alone that we would help insulate you from it, then it was indeed a Dev failure - failure to communicate proper goal setting.

We're still very much into aiding TG cooperation - in fact research licensing makes it easier to do that than ever. But competition will forever remain a component too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:15 pm 

The Glass Co.
wait wait wait;

are you saying that Machiavellian behavior is ruining the game for other people? NO WAY!

google: What do you mean by Machiavellianism?

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:39 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])