Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:27 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:37 pm 

User avatarRonak Holdings I

In the past couple of years, the noose around profits has been tightening, and continuously so. But the thing is, it has only been tightened for the bigger players without affecting the smaller ones(those who are manufacturers are affected).

The question is, how much more must the noose be tightened?

Taking away the cash from inactive players, so that they only had 2trillion left, and then when they come back and decide to change the focus of their buildings, boom! No way to do it, other than wait for a month(affordable at 1x speed).

Then you had city hall, which i fully supported, and still support, which was basically a cash pit without any returns(more on this later), and even the Mayor was given wimpsy powers. which actually hurt the city more, after the new rules(sell more for less, and a variety, when the Mayor has the POWER to ban a product from being retailed). Except for collecting the cash, and the kits that people donated, I fail to see, any positive impact of the City Hall. It also prevented from players expanding(although who could/can be prevented are very less in numbers or have quit altogether). City Hall basically limits the growth of smaller cities too. Now even newer players will want to start in Canjara(or maybe Bellerive too, but the retail scene is very bad out there). So now the small difference in wages that could be used to generate more jobs in smaller cities has been negated, because of expansion issues. Cities get pushed into abyss further.

Then came the Research Whammy. Alright, it made using Research to generate money more simple, gave a realistic view, but that basically made sure that the larger players could no longer make high quality items that fetch a more nicer price. So, you argue that they can still be made? Well you can only use a research so much, before it degrades way too fast, and then becomes useless, while it requires the same amount of money it required before to be made. So why bother with high quality items? Shut down the research centers, or lower the pay there and make sure not to make a research greater than lvl50-80. This reduces the income levels further in the city(research jobs generally pay higher than others) which again come to bite the retail end.

Now, construction changes were made, no doubt, but only store conversion was made cheaper, and by any means, go figure, how many square footage of retail was converted? Where are over 70% of goods are made? Factories. Anything there became cheaper? No. Already DMR kills off a lot of advantage bigger buildings provide (where the frick in the real world will a 100sqft factory be more efficient, than a 100,000 sqft factory?). I get it, factories get less efficient as they grow, but they get less efficient, only after they grow after a certain size threshold.

Borrowing money.

Ronak Holdings I has

Fixed Assets: β 3,060,229,527,660.00
Stock Valuation:β 63,276,022,022,597.16

Figure, how much money can it borrow? Take a look at this.

Your borrow limit is 125,550 bonds. Of this, 125,550 are available for new borrowing.

Based on your repayment history, your credit rating is AAA. That translates to an extra 0.00% on your interest rate.

How many bonds would you like to issue?
Calculate

SIR Before New Issue
0.300% SIR After New Issue
0.301%

SIR for this Transaction: 0.301%
Bank Spread: 0.250%
Credit Spread: 0.000%
Issue Rate: 0.551%

Face Value (due in 21 days): β125,550,000,000.00
Present value before interest: β890,794.05
Transaction Fee: β10,000.00
Cash Received Now: β110,583,693,556.66

According to the system buying price for properties Ronak Holdings I has a building value of β57853337031600. Not considering the stock valuation, not considering what the system will pay for the properties, only considering the Fixed Asset values show in the drop down menu at top center of the office page, it has a value of over 3trillion. And the maximum cash it is allowed to borrow is less than 4% of it's Fixed Assets value. You want to make things more realistic, but only it actually repels those, who have played for over half a decade. But what does one do, when life gives you lemons?

When one invests way more money in buildings, his accounting shows negative for the month, but when he makes a profit next month, is the previous months accounting ever taken into account? No. Realistic my ass.

a story that purported to illustrate the way the tax system works. It concerns 10 drinkers in a bar who decide to settle their £100 weekly beer bill roughly the same way we pay our taxes. So, the first four men (the poorest) paid nothing; the fifth paid £1; the sixth £3; the seventh £7; the eighth £12; the ninth £18; and the 10th man, the richest, paid £59.
Then the barman decided to give them a £20 discount for being good customers. The group wanted to continue to pay the new £80 bill the same way as before. While the first four men still drank for free, the other six divided up the £20 windfall by following the progressive principle of the tax system. So the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing, making a 100 per cent saving; the sixth man paid £2 instead of £3 (a 33 per cent saving); the seventh man paid £5 instead of £7 (a 28 per cent saving); the eighth £9 instead of £12 (a 25 per cent saving); and the ninth £14 instead of £18 (a 22 per cent saving). The 10th man paid £49 instead of £59 (a 16 per cent saving).
The men then began to compare their savings. “I only got £1 out of the £20,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the 10th man, “but he got £10 – the wealthy get all the breaks!” “Wait a minute,” said the first four men, “we didn’t get anything at all. This new system exploits the poor.” So the other nine men surrounded the 10th and beat him up. The next week he didn’t show for drinks, so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when they came to pay, they discovered they didn’t have enough money between them to pay even half the bill.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:00 pm 

User avatarHatuey Enterprise

I have no imput in regards to the gameplay but enjoyed reading this thread. Cheers :grin:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:39 am 

User avatarBE Corporation

In my opinion playing is just more challenging and I appreciate it. Expecially the one about research system.
My biggest concern is rather about the number of active players. I understand why devs focused on things Ronak wrote and on other things like stock system, but I don't understand why devs don't focus on increasing the number of players at all.
Yes true, they did a lot of things on tutorial, mentor system (how many people are being helped by mentoring right now?) etc but time passed and we are in the same old problem from ages.
Reviewing layout (as it has been recommended by a new player here http://forums.simunomics.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10132&hilit=lack+of) and a mobile app (not just browsing) is crucial. This game is really enjoying but it could be 10 times more enjoyable with more players. If devs don't have time/resources for this kind of changes we can think together how to solve it. I mean I don't see the issue is recognized as the most urgent. Once it will be, I'm sure devs will find help and collaboration from us.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:27 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])