Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:01 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:52 pm 

Fysh Industries
I started playing less than 3 days ago. My company is still very small, but growing quickly. I decided to subscribe to Gold mainly for the convenience tools, so I purchased the cheapest package of 25 tickets, and immediately spent 20 on a subscription. Today I noticed I could sell my spare tickets for around 22 billion!

This leaves me with a big dilemma. Should I grow my company organically, or should I take an immediate cash injection for a massive boost?

Taking the cash would allow me to spend a lot more time actually playing the game, and working things out, including my strategy. Growing organically is a long and slow process. I am unsure whether taking the cash would open up the game for me, or whether it would spoil my game experience. Also, I am fully aware that 22 billion is not a huge sum, and that many players have money counted in the trillions.

I know there is no correct answer, but what do people recommend? Have you grappled with this dilemma yourself, and what did you decide?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:04 pm 

Bestbuyever
I personally like to accelerate growth the best I can. It makes game play more fun. You also have to keep goals out in front of you to give you purpose for playing the game. I started out just wanting to make profits and build my business - then I went to dominate a single product in a single city - then in all 4 cities and now trying to dominate an entire category. As long as you can keep a goal out in front of you the game should remain entertaining. Whatever your goals may be try to interact and continuously set out larger goals and your game play will not be ruined for a very long time!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:20 am 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
We actually don't recommend you sell tickets too quickly. Much as it would benefit us to say "you're here, now give us money!" that's actually not our suggestion.

Simunomics has a bit of a learning curve and the ability to make money gets harder as you level up. (Starter Land stops being an effective option, buildings get affected by Diminishing Marginal Returns, you take up a larger spot in the market and thus suffer more competition effects, etc.) If you don't learn these basics at all, there are people who get to level 10 and don't really know how to manage themselves yet. Some in the past have gone straight into losing money and feeling they have to buy more tickets to keep operating. Which again is nice for us, but not the experience we want them to have.

I would say there's no harm in selling them now, but don't be in a super rush to spend. Especially if you are going to try new segments or strategies, just go in a little at a time and don't commit all your cash to it. And watch your accounting to make sure profits are working as you would hope, even while you put more and more capital into growing the buildings as well. That way you can grow faster than organic speed but when you learn by making mistakes (which is how we all learn) they won't be too costly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:37 am 

joker20008
Agree with both Bobby and Amarsir. You need to learn the ropes and have goals to stay interested.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:04 am 

Fysh Industries
Thanks for the replies. I've decided to sell a ticket. I think the game will be much more fun. Don't worry about me losing money - I am a very quick learner!

My plan is to try and dominate 3 products in my start city (all in the same category). Initially I will probably build mainly on starter land, and I will make a spreadsheet so that I can determine how many of each factory/shop I need to keep my production and sales roughly equivalent. This will only take around 40 million.

Then I can use my remaining build slots to start building some larger factories and shops as well as R&D.

It should be interesting :-)

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:01 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])