Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:44 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Goodbye - Pentex Out
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:35 pm 

Dear companies of simunomics, Pentex Corporation is retiring.
I don't really have much to say. This past 9 months was really nice, I tried to enjoy the game as much as I can. But lately all I believe I'm doing is clicking a few buttons each day. I've lost the excitement, since I've fulfilled all my goals and some more. I was waiting for new features like bonds and shares but bonds wasn't enough to kill my boredom and shares got probably long way to be released.
First of all thanks to all devs who spent countless hours making and maintaining this game. They are doing a wonderful job, please keep up! I hope you make some money out of this.
Second I like to thank my steady suppliers who never gave up fulfilling our contracts. Thanks Oscorp™ and Red Invest.
Third I like to thank my competitors who never gave up trying to catch me on FA and other awards (winks @ Habars & SWW)

I will not give out my account to anyone like unsk did. I don't really like the idea of someone else jumping from lower ranks to 1st rank.
Instead I will sell my property to whoever wants it for system buying price.
I will also buy unlimited tickets for 500.000 each so maybe I could help devs could get some real cash in their pockets.

Post subject: Re: Goodbye - Pentex Out
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:04 pm 

We'll miss you.... I guess that makes 2 top company execs to quit from boredom..........................................................................................................................................................................

Haha noob

If at first you don't succeed, you fail. :devil:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:08 pm 

Arthon wrote:
Dear companies of simunomics, Pentex Corporation is retiring.
I don't really have much to say. This past 9 months was really nice, I tried to enjoy the game as much as I can. But lately all I believe I'm doing is clicking a few buttons each day. I've lost the excitement, since I've fulfilled all my goals and some more. I was waiting for new features like bonds and shares but bonds wasn't enough to kill my boredom and shares got probably long way to be released.
First of all thanks to all devs who spent countless hours making and maintaining this game. They are doing a wonderful job, please keep up! I hope you make some money out of this.
Second I like to thank my steady suppliers who never gave up fulfilling our contracts. Thanks Oscorp™ and Red Invest.
Third I like to thank my competitors who never gave up trying to catch me on FA and other awards (winks @ Habars & SWW)

I will not give out my account to anyone like unsk did. I don't really like the idea of someone else jumping from lower ranks to 1st rank.
Instead I will sell my property to whoever wants it for system buying price.
I will also buy unlimited tickets for 500.000 each so maybe I could help devs could get some real cash in their pockets.

AAAHHHHH, it is so sad to see you go, you will be missed, espically as my conpetition lol, so now i need to find another competition lol, anyway i wish you all the best in the future and in what ever you do, i guest it must be hard leaving the game and a company where you put alot of effort into, anyway have fun, just remeber you can still get access to the forum you can check for the latest update.
Bye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:25 am 

User avatarHabars
Oracle of the City
Damn, and i was getting sooooo close now in FA to u and score.
Well, i can understand it, i was lucky to make a quick change not to far into the game with which i made it interresting for me again.
Hope u at least had a lotta fun with this wonderfull game :)

Maybe we will catch one another in some other game again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:53 am 

I could never aspire to what you achieved in the game, but I have enjoyed watching you and reading your helpful comments in the forum. Best of luck in your next endeavour. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:26 am 

MEC wrote:
We'll miss you.... I guess that makes 2 top company execs to quit from boredom..........................................................................................................................................................................

i think Toytastic too left the game coz he's not online from june 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:17 am 

Quote:
i think Toytastic too left the game coz he's not online from june 2

That's the trend.

Someone has a link in their signature to vote for Simunomics. After I clicked it and I voted on one site, I saw its list of popular games. One game was Tycoon Online which is another multiplayer browser based business game. I created an account and played for a little while, but I liked Simunomics a lot more, so I stuck with this game. However, there was one thing about Tycoon Online that I liked, and that was, that the companies reset every couple months. This made it possible for new companies to get in and become competitive and for older players to remain interested in the game. One "period" they might dominate, and in another, they might struggle, which allows them to learn and improve for next time.

It's cool to have turned my starting 2,000,000 into 40,000,000 (or 4 billion for others) and expand my company, but I must say that the most fun someone will have in this game will be in the beginning. If there were time periods and the companies reset, then we'd always be able to experience the starting up stages. Just a thought, opinion, and suggestion... Anyway, good luck Pentex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:25 am 

I agree with aron.
I am addicted to a browser game for 10 years now. They are resetting servers with 3 month periods and top 10 enters into hall of fame. So it doesn't matter if you were there at the creation of the game. Everyone can start at exact same conditions and only skills will show who is gonna get a spot in top 10. Even if I was in top 10 once doesn't really mean much since all will be resetted and started again. For some this might be frustrating, but its the struggle that most of us enjoy, not sitting at #1 for years.
Well this kind of approach might work for a war game but for economics its harder but still doable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:09 am 

Reseting the server like what Aron Company says is an absolute NO.I have played tycoon online before and i find it frustrating when it restarts because all the hard work you put in is gone and this is why i came to play simunomics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:42 am 

Tickets: 1305
C'mon you can send more! Don't you wanna show gratitute for our developers? I'm planning to raise 10.000 tickets in a week. Tickets raised will be used to buy style awards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:42 pm 

Oscorp
Guru of the City
oh cool :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: ....

Well

we'll miss you :meh: :meh: :meh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:03 pm 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
Very sorry to see you go Pentex but I can understand. Players can play faster than we can build, so it can be hard to avoid that "routine" feeling.

If you keep your company intact, feel free to check on us in 6 months. Maybe we'll have some new stuff to capture your interest again by then.

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:40 pm 

Committed wrote:
Very sorry to see you go Pentex but I can understand. Players can play faster than we can build, so it can be hard to avoid that "routine" feeling.

If you keep your company intact, feel free to check on us in 6 months. Maybe we'll have some new stuff to capture your interest again by then.

And hopefully we'll be in the trillions by then :devil:

Haha noob

If at first you don't succeed, you fail. :devil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:13 am 

Quote:
Reseting a server and starting over is not what everyone enjoys.

I understand that. If I was number two or number ten, I'd want to keep going and hope that I'd eventually capture the number one spot. Unfortunately, for the largest company (Pentex), and the starting up companies, the competition isn't there. Competition is fun and what we look for in a game. To me, there's no fun in just building up a large company. The fun lies in building up a larger company than the next guy. Competition Everyone wants to win. And what is there to win in Pentex's case? He's already won. He'd rather win again and again and again...[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:27 am 

Sad to see another enterprise leaving.

I understand the boredom, actually I fell in the cycle again. I just do a few click daily. And maybe I don't have much aim for my business. Still I am waiting to see some fresh aim for me. Anyway farewell my friend, wish you good luck in the future.

p.s. You missed me as your competitor I guess :P, but well, I don't actively participate in event so it is not surprising i can rise fast (considering I have only media shop, I cannot participate in this event)

p.p.s. Seems someone has taken my book dominance streak. But I will see if I can do sth to consolidate my rank :)

My guides(update)
Basic Tips & Land Choice
Megastore

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:44 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])