Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:52 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:44 pm 

User avatarHighMountain Inc.

I think price limit for wholesale is no good unless you make price limit for retailing too.
The problem of price limit for wholesale is that most of the manufacturer/farmers will move from their manufacturing/farming business to retailing business. This will result in less suppliers while lots of retailers wanting supplies from suppliers.
I don't think price limit for retailing is not good too. I am afraid that that will result in slow or even no growth in the market. Either nothing is really a good idea (my opinion).

Recently, I heard that cow growing businessman changed to retailing business because of this new update. I won't tell the name, anonymous :incog: .

I have a solution, but I don't know if this is a good or a bad idea.

You can establish new SSC like Allmart, but concentrating on retailing (or wholesale). Every time particular market price go really high, like VGS, you can use that 'new SSC' to retain the market value and the price back to its origin.
For wholesale, you can lower the price of particular market where the price is super high and people are selling it really expensive. I think this will be an alt for wholesale price limit stuff.

You need to change the price limit for wholesale stuff FAST, many people are moving from producing to retailing. The balance will collapse! :help:

[i][b][color=#0000FF]HighMountain Inc., HMI[/color][/b][/i]

We are pleasure to run a Business with you

Looking for Dress Watches QA 50+ Contact me.

---------------------------------------------------------

[h2]Welcome to SImunomics![/h2]

I am the member of "The Revolution TG"

I am the CEO of "HighMountain Inc."

Dress Watches are welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:45 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
Aindala wrote:
The clicking necessary to make a sale has increased, and when selling in the market we don't get to see the current market listings.

I can add that. I'm not sure you need it since you can see what has sold (which may be more important than what hasn't). But we are trying to be all-in-one so there's no harm in it.

Other than that you select Invoice and then name instead of selecting a name to default Invoice, I'm not sure how it's more clicks. And I would say that the top-down flow is more obvious to new players so they can think through step-by-step.

Quote:
The background image doesn't seem a very fortunate choice, it makes the whole thing look a bit messy.
The black-orange colour scheme is not my favourite, and it doesn't seem to match any of styles we have in place.

Really? I liked it. I felt it was an industrial / loading dock / men-at-work kind of look. I agree it doesn't really match the other styles but I've been thinking about changing those anyway. And our approach of late was to try to give more distinctive looks to each section of the game rather than have the same style everywhere.

But I appreciate the feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:48 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
parkjongwon1 wrote:
You need to change the price limit for wholesale stuff FAST, many people are moving from producing to retailing. The balance will collapse! :help:

Part of how markets work is also that they shift. If players think the grass is greener in retail then that's fine. But I'm going to suggest those people wait a week to make sure they understand how not easy the retailing is as well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:56 pm 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
Amarsir wrote:
Aindala wrote:
The clicking necessary to make a sale has increased, and when selling in the market we don't get to see the current market listings.

I can add that. I'm not sure you need it since you can see what has sold (which may be more important than what hasn't). But we are trying to be all-in-one so there's no harm in it.

Well, maybe try shifting the sales interface to the left and have the graph with the units sold displayed on the right, instead of having to click to see what the prices are. I don't know, bear in mind I'm just one user.

Quote:
Other than that you select Invoice and then name instead of selecting a name to default Invoice, I'm not sure how it's more clicks. And I would say that the top-down flow is more obvious to new players so they can think through step-by-step.

Instead of having to click Next step, why not put the all the fields already available to fill from the start? Nevermind, I figured out why - because the price range can depend on WHO are you selling to.

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:24 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
johans75 wrote:
Let say you are trying to sell your car at 30K - but someone tells you, that you cannot sell it at more than 20K (Because goverment told you so.) - NIET

A) Game developers aren't the government. They're gods. If I decided I didn't want oil in the game I wouldn't have to tax it, or ban it. I'd just make it stop appearing. We control the minds of the public, what prices they'll pay in stores and how much work they accomplish at a given salary.

Just because a price range happens to be an obvious effect doesn't mean we only work with the obvious. It all goes together.

B) If I was told my car was only worth 20k - but would easily sell for 30k if I fixed it up to be a higher quality, I would totally consider that something under my control.

C) You're the CEO of your company, not the owner. You have a fiduciary responsibility to act via arms-length transactions. When you book sales to mark profits outside the bounds of normal operations, you're Ken Lay the chairman of Enron. Your company fails and you spend the rest of your life in prison.

D) If everyone paid to play, maybe we could make you owners. If the market was a zero-sum game, there'd be no need to restrict prices. But accounts are free and profits are easy, because it's a GAME. Now for people who buy an upgrade to Gold or Platinum status they get a wider range on sales because they've earned it. (And it's odd you haven't mentioned that.) But because it's a game we give advantages with one hand and add restrictions with the other.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:36 pm 

User avatarKojiOrphen Sake
Retailer
My Build Kit costs for materials and assembly have ranged from 370k to 450k over the last few months.

There is NO WAY that I should be FORCED to sell my kits for LESS then what it cost me!!!

Koji

Followup: It looks like there has been a relaxing of the wholesale price limit for Build Kits. BUT, I have a TG member who builds Video Game Systems for the TG. His current construction cost is over 300k. The system has only relaxed the upper wholesale limit from 148k to 248k. He still can't make any money on the wholesale side!

Last edited by KojiOrphen on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:54 pm 

User avatarSoap & Water
Farmer
Simple statement:

I DO NOT LIKE IT :bounce:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:01 pm 

User avatarUbermacht Ltd
Bug Swatter
How long does it take for the system to adapt? Example if all players selling etools at the lowest price how long will it take for the system to adapt the current lowest as average?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:22 pm 

Delta Blues
Corn Genius
I think it's working out good, all but being stuck with high priced items now which were bought before this update, and having to get rid of them, which is why when I seen about an 'big update in the future', I quit buying alot of items to await and see what changes were going to be affected.
But the items I sale, are within the price range I was already using to sale within 50-100$ I've never liked the fact that we had to sale at 'certain people terms'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:36 pm 

User avatarCat Co International

I personally don't like the new price locking system, as my company depends on selling our Qa 85+ Steel at $4000, but because of this new update the most that i can sell it for is ~$2800, that's a 30% loss in profits, meaning that my company is going bankrupt. To counter this i have been forced to initiate major wage cuts in all of my factory's, along with minor ones in my farms, R&D and retail stores, along with other cost saving measures. But this is not enough, since i still haven't payed my taxes (around 0.8B) i need a new way to make money quick, and if that means closing my 22 factory's in Canjara and opening more retail stores, i will do that.

Please, stop forcing us to pay what you think is right, it is too much of a shock to the economy.

Sincerly,

Cat Co International :devil:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:29 pm 

User avatarSoap & Water
Farmer
http://tinypic.com/r/2w3q35f/8

http://tinypic.com/r/359xqxh/8

Why is this possible - again -

I DO NOT LIKE IT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:32 pm 

User avatarSoap & Water
Farmer
johans75 wrote:
http://tinypic.com/r/2w3q35f/8

http://tinypic.com/r/359xqxh/8

Why is this possible - again -

I DO NOT LIKE IT

NEXT FAULT:

If you buy market 1000 unit at price 1000 and 1000 unit at 8000 - they merge to give you a average of 4500 per unit - you can only sell them on market for 5500, even the market has a price of 8000.

Calculate max 20% from trade with stuff from market - boring, who in the real world make only 20%.

OMG - PLEASE JUST REVERT AND WORK ON A BETTER SOLUTION FOR WHAT YOU SEE AS A PROBLEM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:20 pm 

User avatarSimJim
Trendsetter of the City
I am seeing some strange pricing issues. Please allow me to tell you about one of them… I sit an account called Raw Extractors, LLE that specializes in Raw Materials (imagine that). I am trying to sell QA190 Water to a customer but the highest price I am allowed to sell at is $0.81. This is considerably under my cost to extract the water. I then tried to list the same QA190 water on the Market, and the max price allowed then was $0.48. Obviously an even worse situation…

As a final test I asked fellow TG member, Simunomics Headlines author, and frequent participant in these forums, Quilogy, to list the same water on the market and he was able to use a price as high as $11.63!

I am happy to send more details, and even screen captures if needed, but this seems to be an issue that needs addressed.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:25 pm 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
I'll look into you right now SimJim, thanks.

---------------

Soap & Water, thank you for the screenshots. Allow me to walk you through this one.

Union One is a Standard account. (Not gold.)
Union One has logged in from the same IP as you at least once recently.
Union One has SOLD ice cream from other players and now they're going to be buying it from you.

So as far as the system sees, Union One is a free account who sells Ice Cream and then somehow the Ice Cream comes back to him at a different price through a mysterious account on the same IP Address. That is the definition of round-trip cheating.

Now please understand that I am not saying that either you or Union One are cheating or have done anything wrong. I'll pass your case on to Amarsir to see if he wants to change the algorithm. However your behavior is very similar to what someone would do if they were trying to cheat. And we have for a definite certainty banned players from the game for doing just that that sort of round trip.

So to save you from being banned the system locked you in at a price that wouldn't be an advantage to you or Union One. You don't like the price. That's exactly why it was picked: because you should not be passing products to someone else who's just going to pass them on again at a different price. Especially on the same IP.

Now again, I'll ask Amarsir if this is how he really wants it to work. We may change it. But please understand that there's a very specific reason you got that price.

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:34 pm 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
OK SimJim did you follow what I just said to him about round trips? Here's the problem Raw Extractors has: they bought water from Guevara Industries. On the same IP.

So it's the same issue: why would a company that had to buy water suddenly be anxious to sell it? Possibly shady, so the system locked in a price for you.

And again the same answer: I'll get it reviewed and see if we can do something.

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:52 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])