Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game



Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:00 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])




Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:11 am 
Developer

Joined: Feb 8, 2008
Posts: 2888
Offline
User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
Please use this thread for discussion of the changes to Retail selling (Stores). Comments outside this thread are less likely to be read and other threads may be deleted / merged as appropriate.

Positive and Negative feedback are both welcome, as well as suggestions, bug reports, exploits, and any other issues.

_________________
"Please let me make my own mistakes? 'cause I really like to learn stuff." --Wise words from Hillside Cottage

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:49 pm 

Joined: Jul 30, 2013
Posts: 608
Offline
User avatarRonak Holdings I
 
1) How has the retail changes stopped inflow of large sums of cash into the game.

2) On what basis is it decided that whether the market is "good" or no. According to the news article, you say that market is good, when prices are high. Isn't this what was the scenario, before cost of living , consumer satisfaction were introduced?

3) If the market is "good", then too players smaller than level 10 won't see any changes. Will they keep loosing out on profits.

4) In any short term vision this update doesn't exactly solve the problem of boosting super high. I know that selling today at a loss of maybe 1M per slot, in a time span 30 days, i can make enough profit to cover my losses, make a BIG cut, and coupled with the wholesale update, will pay a paltry amount to the manufacturer (ofc, some items can be invoiced very high price too). So the green, yellow, red dots won't matter much to me. (read - a wide player base)

5) Also in any scenario, how will the retail changes actually affect the player mentality? A retailer, has expenses too. Providing the manufacturer the inputs (in most cases), from other manufacturers, obtaining raw materials of highest quality, which in open market, aren't cheap at all. Finally, with current price raising trend, and then overselling, retailers need vast amounts of inputs, and thus the manufacturers, who see this as their chance, pay good money to their workers, raising their wh costs, but actually raising the volumes as well, resulting in greater profits, but the retailer has to incur the costs. Stockpiling inventory, (a healthy 100 times daily demand of a city) etc.etc. Setting retail stores. Haven't considered the tickets costs if they are bought from other players.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:56 pm 
EcoSim Editor

Joined: Jan 19, 2011
Posts: 4623
Offline
User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
May I chime in simply to make a note of appreciation?

My competitor in Drakar managed to sell x5 the city's need, and even undercutting him I was having a bad time gaining market-share. I already see the changes brought by the update.

_________________
Reporter and co-founder of                                               Founder of
Image                                                 Image
Send your company's statement or press release to us!
Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:51 pm 
Developer

Joined: Feb 8, 2008
Posts: 2046
Location: Climbing up the shoulders of giants
Offline
User avatarAllmart
System Company
Aindala wrote:
May I chime in simply to make a note of appreciation?

My competitor in Drakar managed to sell x5 the city's need, and even undercutting him I was having a bad time gaining market-share. I already see the changes brought by the update.

You almost broke our code on the first run, Aindala. :)

Arranging the logic there was a very rare case - impossible we thought - where we would have to recalc a quantity, then recalc the price, then recalc the quantity again - all on the same sale. Guess whose sale made that happen? :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:01 pm 
EcoSim Editor

Joined: Jan 19, 2011
Posts: 4623
Offline
User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
Amarsir wrote:
Aindala wrote:
May I chime in simply to make a note of appreciation?

My competitor in Drakar managed to sell x5 the city's need, and even undercutting him I was having a bad time gaining market-share. I already see the changes brought by the update.

You almost broke our code on the first run, Aindala. :)

Arranging the logic there was a very rare case - impossible we thought - where we would have to recalc a quantity, then recalc the price, then recalc the quantity again - all on the same sale. Guess whose sale made that happen? :wink:

I've been rethinking those prices though. It seems that at the lower ends (where I'm at now), price doesn't have much of an influence on units sold.

_________________
Reporter and co-founder of                                               Founder of
Image                                                 Image
Send your company's statement or press release to us!
Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:06 pm 
Developer

Joined: Feb 8, 2008
Posts: 2046
Location: Climbing up the shoulders of giants
Offline
User avatarAllmart
System Company
Aindala wrote:
I've been rethinking those prices though. It seems that at the lower ends (where I'm at now), price doesn't have much of an influence on units sold.

Yes, it's almost like Retail already had limits in place. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:04 pm 

Joined: Mar 20, 2011
Posts: 3
Offline
Delta Blues
Corn Genius
As I sit here double checking sure I didn't miss anything in the previous looks, all I've noticed, is that on the 90+ retail stores, going, all of my prices of items, (corn) have only been knocked down like around 100-90$ per store.
So I'm assuming that the price range was pretty close, I know I added +100$ which was averaging out to $1100/each to all the stores in Canjara on purpose during the "Let's raise the price in Canjara" everyone was on a few weeks ago.
Here's the question..I notice there was a change to every store, but The higher quality always was set, around a few dollars less than the lower QA showing 80.44 QA sales less than 73.99 Quality, so is having higher Quality and paying millions for R&D centers going to be worth having, or time to phase them out? :hmm:

On another note, I have no problem with change, I was wondering when something was going to happen due to the fact that everyone was getting trillions and nothing to spend excess cash on, how sales of items were down to $1 when the material alone costs $50-100 to make.
I remember when starting Delta Blues several years ago now, trying to figure out how and what to do as a new player, I reset this one several times as I didn't have someone to help figure out how to play as there was really no good way to learn but trial and error, which is what it's going to take on this update, trial and error to figure out how this change will affect your sales on items, but I like the way the update is going. Give everything a sporting chance, you'll never make any progress if you don't try.

_________________
Everyone has a plan til they get punched in the mouth. -- Mike Tyson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:01 pm 
Developer

Joined: Feb 8, 2008
Posts: 2888
Offline
User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
Hey Delta Blues!
hattdaddy wrote:
I notice there was a change to every store, but The higher quality always was set, around a few dollars less than the lower QA showing 80.44 QA sales less than 73.99 Quality, so is having higher Quality and paying millions for R&D centers going to be worth having, or time to phase them out? :hmm:

Short answer: the reason the price went lower is because the quantity stayed a good bit higher. Assuming they'd started the same price we might conclude that higher QA didn't maintain the same degree of advantage it had yesterday. But it's still an advantage. Specifically I pulled up your land #238509:

On the qa83 you're selling 206,283 units at 638.77 for a total of 131,767,391.91.
On the qa78 you're selling 202,509 units at 639.30 for a total of 129,464,003.70

So you can see the higher quality is still bringing in an extra 2.3 million per slot per day. Now what level of research that makes optimal is a different question. But there's still benefit maintained.

Quote:
I remember when starting Delta Blues several years ago now, trying to figure out how and what to do as a new player, I reset this one several times as I didn't have someone to help figure out how to play as there was really no good way to learn but trial and error, which is what it's going to take on this update, trial and error to figure out how this change will affect your sales on items, but I like the way the update is going. Give everything a sporting chance, you'll never make any progress if you don't try.

Nicely said. I feel like if we don't challenge the way you approach things at least on occasion then we're not doing our job. And the Simunomics players have always risen to the occasion.

_________________
"Please let me make my own mistakes? 'cause I really like to learn stuff." --Wise words from Hillside Cottage

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:46 am 

Joined: Mar 20, 2011
Posts: 3
Offline
Delta Blues
Corn Genius
I was meaning the stores in Canjara, the Abalesk stores were already maxed out for price.
The top store in Canjara is showing, 259,004,744.06 on 189,612 corn.
After restarting it exactly same it jumps to 306,573,886.85 for the same 189,612. not that I'm complaining.

Just going to have to wait and see, which may not be a bad thing, but I'm just going to be like the rest and be :silence: and wait
and see, because I see what I'm going to have to do already.

But on a side note, I do like the way you can sale items now, bringing up the new chart, even though its a picture of a small
sit-in-sleeper small midroof freightliner, with a throwaway mercedes engine..
:incog:

_________________
Everyone has a plan til they get punched in the mouth. -- Mike Tyson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:59 pm 
EcoSim Editor

Joined: Jan 19, 2011
Posts: 4623
Offline
User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
How exactly are the adjustments made? I post some products for say, 150*, and the next day I check and they are 100*. Do they favour any of the variables?

(not exact figures).

_________________
Reporter and co-founder of                                               Founder of
Image                                                 Image
Send your company's statement or press release to us!
Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:08 am 
Developer

Joined: Feb 8, 2008
Posts: 2046
Location: Climbing up the shoulders of giants
Offline
User avatarAllmart
System Company
The adjustment should yield the same result as if you stopped and restarted.

So if you were going to sell 700 units for 168 hours and a price was calculated, the next day the system would rerun that sale at 600 units for 144 hours and calculate a new price.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:34 am 

Joined: Jul 30, 2013
Posts: 608
Offline
User avatarRonak Holdings I
 
Most undemocratic changes. Why dafaq does the game change prices. I pay my taxes, and if i want to sell at a loss, why not?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:23 pm 
EcoSim Editor

Joined: Jan 19, 2011
Posts: 4623
Offline
User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
Amarsir wrote:
The adjustment should yield the same result as if you stopped and restarted.

So if you were going to sell 700 units for 168 hours and a price was calculated, the next day the system would rerun that sale at 600 units for 144 hours and calculate a new price.

I don't get it. If I set price and time, then the only thing that should change would be quantity, right?

_________________
Reporter and co-founder of                                               Founder of
Image                                                 Image
Send your company's statement or press release to us!
Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:22 pm 

Joined: Mar 13, 2012
Posts: 165
Offline
User avatarTeleportboy Inc.
Triple Beverages Champion
Aindala wrote:
Amarsir wrote:
The adjustment should yield the same result as if you stopped and restarted.

So if you were going to sell 700 units for 168 hours and a price was calculated, the next day the system would rerun that sale at 600 units for 144 hours and calculate a new price.

I don't get it. If I set price and time, then the only thing that should change would be quantity, right?


It was mentioned in the news that quantity will be changed when using price and time. Excess produce will be sent back to warehouse. Additional produce will be taken from the warehouse, if you don't have more in the warehouse - the system will alter the price instead.

"The one exception is if the system tries to take more from your warehouse and can't find any. In that case it will raise the price to make up for the difference so you don't lose out on potential profits."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:25 pm 
EcoSim Editor

Joined: Jan 19, 2011
Posts: 4623
Offline
User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
teleportboy97 wrote:
"The one exception is if the system tries to take more from your warehouse and can't find any. In that case it will raise the price to make up for the difference so you don't lose out on potential profits."

I don't get why it changed then, since I have enough quantity. And it didn't raise the price, the system lowered it.

_________________
Reporter and co-founder of                                               Founder of
Image                                                 Image
Send your company's statement or press release to us!
Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:00 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group