Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:05 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:48 am 

User avatarTeleportboy Inc.
Triple Beverages Champion
Aindala wrote:
teleportboy97 wrote:
"The one exception is if the system tries to take more from your warehouse and can't find any. In that case it will raise the price to make up for the difference so you don't lose out on potential profits."

I don't get why it changed then, since I have enough quantity. And it didn't raise the price, the system lowered it.

If you:

Set using time and quantity, the system will update the price you can get everyday - lower or higher

Set using price and quantity, the system will update the time your lock will take everyday - shorter or longer

Set using time and price, this is the exception because the system will need to look for more stocks if the sale becomes better. If the sale becomes worse - the excess produce will just be ejected into the warehouse. If it gets better and you dont have stocks on hand - their compromise is to adjust the price instead.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:09 pm 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
teleportboy97 wrote:
Set using time and price, this is the exception because the system will need to look for more stocks if the sale becomes better. If the sale becomes worse - the excess produce will just be ejected into the warehouse. If it gets better and you dont have stocks on hand - their compromise is to adjust the price instead.

I believe I had stock on hand, but I'll make another test.

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:29 pm 

User avatarKojiOrphen Sake
Retailer
Aindala wrote:
teleportboy97 wrote:

I believe I had stock on hand, but I'll make another test.

I can confirm that all it does is adjust the price when set with price and time.

Koji

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:20 am 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
I also confirm it adjusts price when I set it to price and time, this with more than enough stock available on the warehouse.

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:27 am 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
OK I have the code open here so I can see the logic clearly. The simple answer is that changing the price is the easiest way to fix rounding errors. It shouldn't be a big change though.

Suppose you're selling 1000 units, price 250, qa100. We calculate and find that you need to sell 1100 units like that.

So we find a line in the warehouse with a bunch of units but qa 90. We take out 100. Then we mix that in to get 1100 units of qa 99.1.

The problem is that the first recalculation assumed qa100. Had it been done at qa99.1 the quantity would have been different. If we recalculated again at qa99.1 it would be a different number, which means a different merge, which means a different qa, and so on iteratively.

So to get around that we just shift the price instead. As I say it shouldn't be a big move. But if that's really bothering people we could probably find another way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:26 pm 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
I had set my 1m ft store to sell at 15 :beta: . Now it's at 7.74 :beta: - I'm guessing it readjusts everyday, and it restarts using yesterday's value and not the value I set it to. So on day 1 it's 15 :beta: , on day 2 12.31 :beta: , and the next day probably less.

J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:12 pm 

User avatarKojiOrphen Sake
Retailer
Amarsir wrote:
OK I have the code open here so I can see the logic clearly. The simple answer is that changing the price is the easiest way to fix rounding errors. It shouldn't be a big change though.

Suppose you're selling 1000 units, price 250, qa100. We calculate and find that you need to sell 1100 units like that.

So we find a line in the warehouse with a bunch of units but qa 90. We take out 100. Then we mix that in to get 1100 units of qa 99.1.

The problem is that the first recalculation assumed qa100. Had it been done at qa99.1 the quantity would have been different. If we recalculated again at qa99.1 it would be a different number, which means a different merge, which means a different qa, and so on iteratively.

So to get around that we just shift the price instead. As I say it shouldn't be a big move. But if that's really bothering people we could probably find another way.

I must be missing something here....

Why would the first recalculation "assume" qa100 when the product was posted at qa45.75?

If I started the qa45.75 product at 60,000.00 for 24 hours, the units started should be enough at that point in time.

When you come back and "adjust" the mix, the product is still qa45.75 in the store AND the warehouse. If the quantity needs to be adjusted, there will be no merge required and no "rounding error" of 9%.

Why would the price need to be adjusted?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:32 pm 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
Bottled Water which I posted at 15 :beta: is now posted at 0.6 :beta:

J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:50 pm 

User avatarThe Godfather

Setting stores to Quanitity and Time is making my stores reduce prices greatly daily.... :grrr:

Selling the same quantity, in the same timefram = lower price automatically. Why is it not keeping average price stable???? QA being identical, time being identical and volume being identical?

Where will it stop???? 00.01???

Last edited by AquariusEnterprise on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:53 pm 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
AquariusEnterprise wrote:
Setting stores to Quanitity and Time is making my stores reduce prices greatly daily.... :grrr:

Where will it stop???? 00.01???

I set them to Price and Time and it still reduces prices. I think some stores actually stopped at 0.01, but I can't remember what I had as selling price for those (10 or 15)

J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:14 am 

User avatarSpaz International
Triple Furniture Expert
Could the problem be that maybe someone is selling products in retail at 99% of average price in multiple products and multiple categories? And this is what is driving prices down .I think he might be doing this to try and bring pricing down, but I don't know. Please let us know if its affecting pricing and maybe I can try and talk some sense in him.

We are like the Phoenix,rising from the ashes to assume our rightful position as the protector of citizens and businesses in all of Simunomics.

Always looking to buy big building, message me in game.
Always looking to buy large inventories of products, message me in game.
Always have cheap tickets for sale on the market.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:55 am 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
Everything is working perfectly now :)

Also, I'd like to add I love the visual reward of selling profitably. I like going with my mouse over the small green icons and find out quickly which is the most profitable around. Brand, quality, etc. all make a big difference, and that is much easier to see now.

J. M. Keynes

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:05 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])