Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:32 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Transportation Hub
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:17 pm 

User avatarBFN Corp.

I still don't have the level to purchase it, I just want to know how exactly it works;
Do I have to make one in both cities I send from and receive at? Just the one I send from/ receive at? Or just one in general?
And also am I able to send shipments to other people? Like when I send shipments without having a transport hub am I using someone else's transport Hub? So is TB Logistics an actual player or a system account like Allmart SSC?
thanks,

I know a lot of my questions are trivial, I'm just trying to bring the forum back to life :smile:

Post subject: Re: Transportation Hub
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:49 pm 
Interviewer

User avatarFoodaganza! Inc.
Brainstormer
I don't remember all the details perfectly, but I believe you just need one transportation hub to be able to transport all over the city. And TB Logistics is an actual player, not a system account.

You can transport to different cities, but that doesn't send it to another player. when you have the product in your warehouse you can invoice it to another player and if they buy it then it goes to their warehouse in the city.
But if you're selling in Bellerive and they want it in Abalesk, then one of you needs to transport it to Abalesk.

Also good job trying to bring the forum back to life. I just got back into this game after having been gone for years, and it seems things are pretty quiet. The game is so much greater when there is an active and supportive community of players.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:39 pm 

User avatarTB Logistics
Shipper
Our transport system was born 3 years ago when Esteem Trains, SSC transports were scarce and player transports were sporadic. The principle was to have a train leaving each of the four cities going to and from all other cities at the same time. It began with just trains and 1 time slot. Now it has expanded to planes, trucks and even ships. The full schedule is in our company page.

You only need and can only build 1 transport hub similar to construction center. You would need to purchase vehicles which will then be listed as idle. You will then have 2 options: make a public schedule or manually move the vehicle from city to city.

Public schedule is the one that appears when any player transports from their warehouse. Private trips are manually loaded and dispatched by the transporter himself only. Meaning, if goods are to be transported by other companies then those companies will need to invoice those goods to the transporter. The more effective way is to agree on sending the vehicle with a non-looping public schedule so that the goods don't need to be invoiced.

When you look at the public schedule it is listed in the order of arrival time. Since our trains and planes have hourly schedules, we can guarantee our transports to always be present if not dominating the top of the page. Also, if you need truck or ship transports you would have to scroll down and find "Slow" or "Slowest" labeled transports. Slow transports take 2-3 days and Slowest transports take 1-2 weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:53 am 
Interviewer

User avatarFoodaganza! Inc.
Brainstormer
And here we have the CEO of TB Logistics to explain the whole operation. :clap:

I'm impressed with your transportation system and just used it myself. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:54 pm 

User avatarBFN Corp.

Thanks for the replies :)
And TB Logistics, thanks for your transportation system, because I'm not sure what I would have been doing without it :P

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:32 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])