Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:37 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Simunomics changes
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:55 pm 

User avatarTP Enterprises Inc.
Drakar Chamber of Commerce
Hello everyone.

I'm an old member who had left a while ago. I've recently rekindled my fire to play this game, and I've geared up my company again. I'm disappointed a lot of my money went missing. (Not an error, I saw the bulletin about the city hall donations) I was wondering if there was any list anywhere of the changes that have been done to the game since I left, about 2 years ago was the last time i played.

Thanks. And Im sorry if this is the wrong place to post a "I'm back in the game" post, but I don't know where else this would go.

Post subject: Re: Simunomics changes
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:42 pm 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
Two years? Sure, there is the News archive which you can access here: http://simunomics.com/Office-NewsLog.php

If you want a summary, the major changes were:
style changes
Harder to milk consumers through high average prices
Wholesale maximum and minimum price limits
Real estate tax
Size of the City Hall limits building expansions

Don't you worry with the Real Estate tax - if you have losses you'll get a negative income tax to the which the real estate tax is added.

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:12 am 

Thank you for your help. Just one question. I am soon going to be advertising my products for sale. Is there a particular format for putting my products up for sale in the sell listings forum?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:17 am 

User avatarLalo Companies I
Manufacturer
TPEntInc. wrote:
Thank you for your help. Just one question. I am soon going to be advertising my products for sale. Is there a particular format for putting my products up for sale in the sell listings forum?

Welcome back TP!

- 2 FREE Personalized Webmails with every Domain Purchase
- Unlimited Email forwarders with every Domain Purchase
- Easy to use control panel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:55 am 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
No, there is no established format for posting your products for sale in the forums. Just try to keep things within a couple of threads.

TPEntInc. wrote:

You're welcome!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:58 pm 

Thanks for the help. And if I may ask one more thing, is there a chart to help price products for sale. I recall a few years ago someone made such a chart and posted it here for us but I didn't follow it as at the time I felt I would lose too much money. I'm still not sure if I should go back to that chart or work under my pricing which for me was about 20-30% higher than warehouse cost. I feel with that I might get a nice profit margin and still have money I can use for more expenses.

Is there any demand for bricks anymore after the build kits came about. I've got 4 brick factories and two raw material site churning out clay. The clay supply is enough to last until 2018 and with 4 brick factories going I think I will be producing a lot for awhile.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:06 pm 
EcoSim Editor

Bottled Water Genius
TPEntInc. wrote:
Thanks for the help. And if I may ask one more thing, is there a chart to help price products for sale. I recall a few years ago someone made such a chart and posted it here for us but I didn't follow it as at the time I felt I would lose too much money. I'm still not sure if I should go back to that chart or work under my pricing which for me was about 20-30% higher than warehouse cost. I feel with that I might get a nice profit margin and still have money I can use for more expenses.

I don't know where those charts are right now, but since there are minimum and maximum wholesale prices, they kinda lost their appeal. As a rule of thumb, personally I double the warehouse cost, since 20-30% doesn't account for other expenses such as research and advertising.

Quote:
Is there any demand for bricks anymore after the build kits came about. I've got 4 brick factories and two raw material site churning out clay. The clay supply is enough to last until 2018 and with 4 brick factories going I think I will be producing a lot for awhile.

I don't really know if there is demand for bricks, but you should take in account that now quality of the bricks influences the level of the build kits one can make.

J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:57 pm 

Ok. Thank you very much for the help

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:37 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])