Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:56 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Amount of players
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:17 pm 

Karulauk inc.
How much active players does simunomics have? Im new to this "game"

Post subject: Re: Amount of players
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:19 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
Between 400 and 500 currently active accounts, but some players have permission for a second or third account so the number of people is a bit smaller.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:56 am 

User avatarSource One
Grocery Expert
Wow that's more than I would have guessed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:12 am 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
You'd be surprised how many treat it like a single-player, or interact solely with a couple friends and not with the larger community. We'd like to get them more connected to other players but there's only so much we can do. And to each their own.

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:50 pm 

User avatarSource One
Grocery Expert
Committed wrote:
You'd be surprised how many treat it like a single-player, or interact solely with a couple friends and not with the larger community.

You probably already know this, but I am guilty of that. Much more so that I used to be. I just got tired of getting burned over and over. The multiplayer and community aspect used to be my favorite part. I've led a couple different trade groups over the years, neither were very big. But I was ok with small groups. It felt more connected and organized. But after having money, time, and position lost over and over due to players randomly disappearing, no matter what they have agreed to, I simply got tired of it. That was the reason for my last break of about 6 months. Although I'm back now, I do run a mostly internal operation. I'm sure at some point I'll branch out and work on forming some partnerships again, but for now I'm treading very carefully in that area.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:51 am 

joker20008
I agree Dean, the coming and going of players becomes frustrating. Especially when one gets very vertical. I find myself becoming more independent to avoid the pitfalls. Hoping to find a happy medium.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:08 pm 

User avatarRonak Holdings I

I'm guilty, but i've been inactive since i dont know how long.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:51 pm 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
I don't want to get into specifics, but the population took a hit last year when we suspended someone for what was pretty clear-cut cheating. They ended up quitting, and made enough noise that some others did too. And then with trading partners out others either left too or felt more alone.

It's about "critical mass" and it's always an issue for a multiplayer game. We've done what we can to make the new player experience good and we have a big update that should be out this week which might be of interest to long-term or lapsed players. (Or not, I don't know.) We're still trying to make the best game we can, including but not relying on player interactions.

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:40 pm 

User avatarSource One
Grocery Expert
Committed wrote:
We're still trying to make the best game we can, including but not relying on player interactions.

I've never doubted that for a minute. I'm certainly not going to pretend I have all the answers. In a way, I've just accepted that it will always be that way to some degree at least.

Definitely looking forward to the update!

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:08 pm 

User avatarFrostbyte Computers
I lapsed for a very long time. I don't remember why I didn't login in for so many years. When I logged in for the first time in years, a week ago, I had very cheap inventory and it sold for almost 10x the cost because of inflation. I liquidated most of the inventory that was irrelevant to my original goal to just make computers.

I completely understand what Dean's strategy with vertically integrating like it's a single player. I would like to only focus on manufacturing and R&D. I don't like retailing. I love having inputs and getting outputs. I would like to partner up with retailers and then selling my computer products. One time I did, but my one and only retailer asked for a price so low that I had to vertically integrate because the price he was asking for was so low, I barely made a profit. I tried brokering by trying to buy from a bigger player couldn't produce at the price I was selling at, even at cost. I was going to do that anyway, but not as soon. Of course I had a retail store simultaneously (since this game favors retail and it's a great for startups), but my was too small. I at eventually became big enough to expand to bigger retailer stores in all of the 4 cities. However it does not make sense for me to spend :beta: 125 million on cheap raw materials plus build and fund massive R&D centers. I only have :beta: 145 million in fixed assets. Partnering with other players is still essential. As an insurance agent, networking with people is as easy as just sending messages to other players. It looks like invoicing is almost half of market transactions.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:05 am 

User avatarRonak Holdings I

With the new research system, the game now means interdependence, without player interaction.

As a limited player interaction I make aware of new researches available to producers of a product and consumers of that product as well.

And, starting with leather and eggs, new high level, affordable farming researches will be made available pretty soon.

Work is in progress.

Keep checking your inboxes, in-game.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:29 pm 

User avatarJQ inc.
Abalesk Chamber of Commerce
I used to play a lot back in the day but when I got back I couldn't remember a thing so I reset my company... I just hadn't taken into account how much taxes were left so I deleted it completely since I couldn't build or anything to complete the tutorial. Made a new account with the same name. I was surprised to see it so quiet, from what I remember the forum and the game had plenty of people in it, it's a shame since I used to like the busy life here ^^

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:56 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])