Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:24 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Max Market Price
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am 

User avatarSilver Shields
Canjara Chamber of Commerce
Hi,

I listed a product on the market that is in high demand for some reason ( :wink: ) but why is the Max Price available to me lower than some of the other listings?

There is some product at a far lower Quality (34Q to be exact) than mine listed for ~β100.00 more.

Is it because its my first time selling the product? Or has the system not adjusted for the event?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Max Market Price
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:02 am 

User avatarGilliam Inc.

I am not by far the best to answer this but I think it’s probably legacy listing when the market was different. I might be wrong but I feel that’s what it is most likely

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:06 am 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
Ah, the price bands. The most contentious and yet most necessary thing we've ever done.

I can't answer in too much detail without knowing exactly what you mean. But if you were selling a product that wasn't your own brand, that would explain it. Selling something you bought at a price very different from what you paid is not inherently bad but it's commonly associated with bad behavior.

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:54 am 

User avatarSilver Shields
Canjara Chamber of Commerce
Committed wrote:
Ah, the price bands. The most contentious and yet most necessary thing we've ever done.

I can't answer in too much detail without knowing exactly what you mean. But if you were selling a product that wasn't your own brand, that would explain it. Selling something you bought at a price very different from what you paid is not inherently bad but it's commonly associated with bad behavior.

So this was during the April special event (Vitamins) I struck an agreement to sell Q30+ Vitamins to another player at a set price (think it was 1750) but due to the price bands the max I could charge via an invoice was 1600 for Q30 and 1650 on the market.

I was producing my own vitamins, but since I only started playing in late March early April; this was my first sale to the market or via invoice.

If we are having a single product special event - should the price bands be temporary suspended?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:40 am 

User avatarJohns Corporation
Bed Maker
Rhapsody wrote:
Committed wrote:

If we are having a single product special event - should the price bands be temporary suspended?

Price bands are necessary yet annoying thing you guys have ever done lol. My 2nd account is producing bread at 1600 and can only sell to my main account at 1600 therefore creating a loss for my 2nd account.

Back in the day you were able to sell event products with a really high profit margin.Majority of small companies being able to grow fortunes because of these events. but to answer your question lol that price band should've been suspended because of the event from my point of view.

viewtopic.php?f=12&p=80673#p80673
http://helperstg.blogspot.com

It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:24 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])