Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:24 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:23 am 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
Firstly, please put all suggestions for new products in this thread. It makes it easier to see repeated or connected suggestions, and ensure that all ideas are read and absorbed.

Secondly, please consider a few things that hinder the adoption of any suggestion:
  • We already have numerous products lined up for release. That doesn't mean we can't use more suggestions in addition to / instead of what is planned. But rather, there is a lineup already.
  • Adding a new product requires a certain size of the player base. The more products exist, the more spread out the economy becomes. Spreading out the population means less interaction for any one product, which just isn't as interesting.
For these two reasons, suggesting any product is an uphill battle. All suggestions are welcome, but they are against the odds.

The goals of a new product

For those who haven't been dissuaded yet, here are some of our goals for products. Keeping these in mind may give you an idea what we're looking for. (And no, we may not always hit these goals exactly ourselves.)
  • Products should be broad whenever possible. This allows broader coverage without the need for as many products. This is why we used "fruit" instead of separately doing "apples," "pears," "bananas," etc.
  • Recipes should be unique from each other. Each new product should add a new layer both in concept and in gameplay. Two products with the same recipe would really just be the same thing with different names. Which isn't all that interesting, or fun.
  • Products should be interwoven. Sure, Fruit can be sold as a food, or used in beverages like Wine. But its inclusion in Soap (Consumer goods) and Dyes (Industrial product for a variety of goods) guarantee that a fruit seller will have lots of options. Ideally every industrial good should be used in at least 2-3 completely different directions. Naturally this also means we are reluctant to add new categories.

Those are difficult goals, and a good idea doesn't have to hit them all. But if anyone knows of a major category of automotive products made from Silver, Flour, and Clay, we'd be awfully glad to hear it.

The format of a new suggestion
For readability, please try to format your suggestion like this:

Product: Fish
Category: Food
Inputs: Synthetics, Vegetables
Why those inputs: Synthetics represent the nets used, and Vegetables represent the food.
Why this product should be added: Aquaculture is a major source of world food. Fish farms are frequently built off the coast, on coastal land, and increasingly even inland. Fish is a broad enough category to cover many individual choices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:58 pm 

Product: Gas
Category: I am guessing Gas, it's kind of it's own category
Inputs: Oil, power
Why those inputs: Oil is refined into gas and power is used in the refining process.
Why this product should be added: Gas literally drives the world, it's used in cars, planes, boats and most other forms of transportation. It is a major part of the real-world economy and would make a great addition to the in game economy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:03 am 

Aren't you sick of gas production? :eyeroll:

No I kid. Actually it's not a bad idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:09 am 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
Would the Automotive category seem appropriate? Fitting into an existing category would make this (long term) idea much more likely to be implemented. Granted, one doesn't generally fill up on gas at a car dealer. But creating a category of its own creates a problem if we were going to have a "gas only" store. Since each store has 3 slots, we would want at least 3 products possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:55 am 

Gas Stations could sell food aswell. In the real world gas stations make 90%+ of their money on in store purchases like candy and snacks over gas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:54 am 

Yeah. Who doesn't like to buy some chips and pop when they refuel. I am only 14 so I don't do much refuelling actually. Oh, and Knolls it's good to see you here. I hope you post your Knolls production value thing :wink:.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:28 am 

User avatarCanadian Productions
Simunomics Sponsor
Oh god, Knolls is here? lmao now i know where u 2 came from. and i think i remember Azer from Kapi too.. god why have i only got a E_mail just now about this place and i see u guys been on this for a few months....

Product: Alarm system
Category: Electronics
Inputs: Plastic, Circuitry, CPU
Why those inputs: PLastic is usually used for the cover plate and as the base for the circuitry, Circuitry is what allows the device to operate and fuction properly, CPU gives the device the ability to process inputs and relay any signals if the device is triggered.
Why this product should be added: Alarm systems is used allmost everywhere now and is a common house hold and business security device.

Last edited by Carl4243 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:04 am 

Simunomics Sponsor
after making the above one i came up with the Game Console, but after half way threw it and looking at my Xbox360 i realized theres 2 parts which are important to it and could also be included "DVD/CD-Rom drives" and "Controllers".

Product: Games Console
Category: Toys/electronics
Inputs: Aluminum, Plastic, Circuitry, CPU, Controller, DVD/CD Drive

Why those inputs:
Aluminum is used for the frame and housing of the system, aswell the covering is attached to this Aluminum frame
Plastic is generally used as the covering, ventalation parts, fans ect..
Circuitry is what allows the game console to operate and function
CPU is the heart of the system allowing it to process the tons of infomation coming to it
Controller is the device that allows the person using the Console to interact with it otherwise it would be impossibe
DVD/CD Drive is what the console uses to read the information to display to the user from any CD or DVD

Why this product should be added: Gaming Consoles in this world is a multi-billion dollar industry, most people who can afford one usually have one. it is a great way to enjoy games without the user needing a computer and without the worry of upgrading a computer all the time

-------------------------------------------------------------

Product: Controller
Category: Electronics
Inputs: Plastic, Circuitry

Why those inputs: Plastic is used for the casing and the controls which house the circuitry, without this the user would have nothing to grasp and use. Circuitry is what is used to send out information to the device it is plugged into, without this, the device would not function

Why this product should be added: Controllers are one of many devices created for users to be able to interact with a device. a Controller would be a good product to be used with the suggested games console and Computer, also if you wish to broaden the Controller definition, you could say it would also function (in different form but generally same inputs) Stereos & TV's.

---------------------------------------------------------

Product: DVD/CD drive
Category: electronics
Inputs: Aluminum, Plastic, Circuitry,

Why those inputs: Aluminum serves as the casing of the device and what the device is usually bolted down from. Plastic is usually used for the front cover and the tray that the DVD/CD goes onto/into. Circuitry is what reads the information fromt he inserted DVD/CD and relays it to the CPU of the device it is connected to.

Why this product should be added: DVD/CD Drives is an essential part of most computers, gaming consoles, Stereos, DVD Players, even Cars now all come with these, so this product would definatly have a good demand.

p.s. i'm not too sure what exactly a DVD/CD drive is composed of, but i belive this is close enough

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:10 pm 

Carl4243 wrote:
Oh god, Knolls is here? lmao now i know where u 2 came from. and i think i remember Azer from Kapi too.. god why have i only got a E_mail just now about this place and i see u guys been on this for a few months....
:lol: Actually Azer told me about it. The beta test ran for a few months so I do feel like I have the gist of it. You may know Tecko and a couple other folks who were testing here, but it was kind of a small crowd. [/OT]

Lesson 3: Which Business is Best?
Lesson 7: All is Well - Advantage Mine or Raw Deal?
Lesson 8: The Art of the Business of War

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:52 pm 

Azer told me too... The beta testing was fun. Gas was the only product I can think of.

My Buy Thread

Albert Einstein wrote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 pm 

Product: Snack Foods
Category: Food
Inputs: Sugar, power
Why those inputs: Because most snack foods are made with sugar and you need power to run factories.
Why this product should be added: Everyone knows about Hershey, Cadbury, etc. and snack foods is a multi-billion dollar industry. This would span all products from Potato chips to peanuts to chocolate bars (you asked for broad products). These could be sold in Gas stations (yet to be implemented) and other food buildings.

My Buy Thread

Albert Einstein wrote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:44 pm 

Product : Soft Drinks
Category : Beverages
Inputs : Water, Sugar, ALuminium
Why those inputs : Water obviously used for drinks, right? Soft drinks are made from glucose/sugar, while aluminium represent the packaging/can.
Why this product should be added : Soft drinks company is one of the biggest industry in the world. Almost all people in the world like soft drinks too.. It's kind of variation of beverages instead of bottled water, wine and beer,which are already exist in this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:43 pm 

Product: Heavy Truck :P

Category: Toys... uhh I mean Automotive :wink:

Inputs:
18.00 Tires (15% of Quality) - including trailers
100.00 Steel (20% of Quality)
2.00 Engine (30% of Quality) - those are big engines, twice the regular ones
10.00 Glass (5% of Quality)

Why those inputs: ask the real world truck manifacturers. :P

Why this product should be added: Because it's cool :cool: . It could also be used for player run transportation as well as sold in retail stores, it's different enough from the cars and would be an interesting addition. But mainly 'coz it's cool. :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:13 pm 

Pax wrote:

Product: Heavy Truck :P

Category: Toys... uhh I mean Automotive :wink:

Inputs:
10.00 Glass (5% of Quality)

Why those inputs: ask the real world truck manifacturers. :P

what are then the prices??

Why this product should be added: Because it's cool :cool: . It could also be used for player run transportation as well as sold in retail stores, it's different enough from the cars and would be an interesting addition. But mainly 'coz it's cool. :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:25 am 

Simunomics Sponsor
Pax wrote:

Inputs:
10.00 Glass (5% of Quality

100 Steel is too much a car is only 25.. thats a huge leep, i'd say 50-75 max

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next

It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:24 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])