Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:20 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:18 am 

User avatarLast Frontier Industries
Double Paper Virtuoso
I was attempting to sell a 2.9 million ft megastore in Abalesk but the system has a high cap of about 1.6 trillion. It would be nice to get some feedback on how this is done. I understand the cash transfer issue but there is no one in this game that would sell this large of a building for that low of a price. A secondary concern is if I list it via the honor system players without the resources to buy it place bids with no intention of purchasing. Can we change this so that the bidder at least has to have the cash on hand for the price they are bidding?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:28 pm 

User avatarHatuey Enterprise

Last Frontier wrote:
I was attempting to sell a 2.9 million ft megastore in Abalesk but the system has a high cap of about 1.6 trillion. It would be nice to get some feedback on how this is done. I understand the cash transfer issue but there is no one in this game that would sell this large of a building for that low of a price. A secondary concern is if I list it via the honor system players without the resources to buy it place bids with no intention of purchasing. Can we change this so that the bidder at least has to have the cash on hand for the price they are bidding?

Great suggestion. Regardless of the Auction type, cash should be held away. Honor Auction was meant to give both parties a last choice of refusing to complete the transaction via invoice. But current system is prone to abuse from uninterested buyers that lack money.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:25 am 

Double Paper Virtuoso
Thanks for the support Hatuey. It'd be nice to see a Dev chime in on this. It's gone on for a long time and needs to be fixed. I think it should be moved to the top part of the Dev's to-do list. No point in listing anything for sale until then.

Big shout out to Gray Matter Technologies and Joejoeoreo and other members of The Union that bid with no intention of buying. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:07 am 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
Honour auctions can also be legitimately used to not to pay immediately. For example, if you have a big shipment going out, or sales pending.
There is a benefit to the seller, since he doesn't have to part with the building/item immediately. Why should the other side have to part with the money?

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:56 am 

Double Paper Virtuoso
Very good point Aindala. I think it's fair to have the building held/unusable just like the cash would be.

In my case specifically I can't sell the buildings via automatic auction because of the price caps. It also turns out I can't even invoice them because the system won't let you if it's above the price cap. This is why I think they need to fix it soon. If I listed these buildings for their cap of around 1.6 trillion they would be gone ridiculously fast. Another way to look at the price cap is if tickets were 10 billion, of course they are more than that, it would only take 160 tickets to buy my building at the price cap value.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:06 pm 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
It seems to me that your problem is that the System undervalues big properties. If the price cap was higher, you'd have no problem selling it fairly through invoices or the Automatic auction. That is what you should ask the devs.

Assuming it is indeed undervalued - I have no stores of that size so I can't tell.

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:51 am 

Double Paper Virtuoso
Spot on. And I already submitted a suggestion to them.

The real issue is a system or algorithm can't accurately put a value on time because each player values time differently. A building this large is letting a player skip 2-2.5 years of expansion time. To some that is worth nothing, to others it's worth more money than every company has combined.

We'll see if they ever respond to my suggestion. I'm not going to hold my breath. :eyeroll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:46 pm 

User avatarD&M Holdings I
Abalesk Coach
Well I mean if you list something for 50 trillion dollars expect people to bid on it just to screw with you. If you maybe listed a more realistic price you would sell it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:59 pm 

Double Paper Virtuoso
Maybe I'm too dumb and I assume players would bid to buy buildings, lol. This isn't the first time, and won't be the last, people have bid "to screw with someone". I'm just trying to get the devs to clean up the auction rules and price caps.

Last note D&M, if someone actually offered me a realistic price to buy it I wouldn't hesitate to sell. I guess I'll just keep using the buildings...bummer. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:38 pm 

Double Paper Virtuoso
Thanks for the update on the honor auctions devs. :thumbup:

It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:20 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])