Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:20 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fuel for Transportation
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm 
Interviewer

User avatarFoodaganza! Inc.
Brainstormer
Currently, all the vehicles you can buy with a transportation hub have a cost per mile between :beta: 50 and :beta: 10,000.

Instead of something boring like that which gets paid to the system, why not fuel per mile like in real life?

Each vehicle could cost a certain amount of oil per mile. This would add a new level of flexibility and competition with transportation companies striving to find a low cost oil supplier.
The oil could be taken from the departing warehouse with the lowest QA selected automatically, or there could be a "Fuel Account" in the transportation hub just like there's an Expense Account.
Or, slightly more complicated, higher quality oil could mean less oil is required per mile, greater speed, less upkeep, or any other rational benefit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:12 pm 
Developer

User avatarCommit to Excellence
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
Here's the underlying problem that was taking into consideration from day 1 of the Transport System's creation: You being lousy at running trains must not result in customers being screwed. :smile: We didn't want someone who's just trying to ship their goods to have to guess whether or not they're getting on trains that are going to break down. It's not their problem.

If we required you to pre-purchase oil, we'd have to deal with the issue of "what happens if you don't have any"? That will, at the very least, add more complexity to the system as we have to come up with backup plans.

Please read the rules. Have information? Why not write a guide?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:28 am 
Interviewer

Brainstormer
Maybe if oil runs out then you automatically draw on oil that's "bought" from Esteem Trains or some other appropriate SSC for a very high price. And you'd get an alert or something when you're low on oil or run out so that it doesn't happen by mistake.

Of course if that adds too much complexity or issues, I understand.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:24 am 

User avatarIMPOSSIBLE
Abalesk Chamber of Commerce
Milkco, do you started oil business :lol: Just joking :bounce:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:33 pm 
Interviewer

Brainstormer
impossible wrote:
Milkco, do you started oil business :lol: Just joking :bounce:

Haha no but knowing me, I totally would if this was changed. :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:55 am 

User avatarVerified
Bellerive Chamber of Commerce
Carrying this further.... If you were the transportation company, what if the system required your oil upfront when you are publishing your transportation routes (much like when you post items for sale in the market-- those items are taken out of your warehouse and stored in the market in an escrow until they are sold).

This would of course cause some issues with allowing transportation companies to schedule infinite repeating routes, so there could be a holding place for the oil where it could be monitored and replenished when needed...much like the money accounts in the R&D buildings that tell you 23.7 days of money left...

Just a brain storm....probably much better things for the Devs to focus on :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:19 pm 

User avatarRonak Holdings I

+1 @ verified.

It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:20 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])