Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:53 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: More Active Mayor Role
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:40 am 

User avatarRonak Holdings I

How about a more active Mayor role in the game?

Some options

[1] Ability to issue minimum wages differently for factories, retails, research, farm, raws
    [2] Issue mass mails to retailers, producers, etc, those who create jobs in the city
    [3] Can slap an additional VAT on certain goods, which in turn is used to help the poorest of the poor
    [4] Removal of Product Ban
    [5] Allocate budget from the property taxes, VAT if ihe/she applies, and the companies that pay 15% tax, which comes from that city is used for city. Different parameters like education, police, firestation, transport, etc. higher spending on education results in more efficient workers?, higher spending in transport results in production buildings being more efficient, higher spending on social things like police, firestations result in more people in the city.
    [6] Can also change housing rules, so that the demand for apartments, can fluctuate.
    [7] Transparency, so that other players and citizens know how the Mayor is benefitting from decisions if he is.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:40 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
Some of these are good ideas. It's important that the power not simply turn into free money. So if there was something about allocating spending, each would have to come with plusses and minuses that didn't translate directly into cash.

For example, we could say that spending on transit increases traffic to stores. But a mayor with retail strength would want to max that out, increasing their own profit and making it easier to stay in power. So the benefit must be more indirect than that.

And the other problem is that at most 4 players can use it at a time. So we're not likely to create a whole city building subgame for such a small group, you know?

I'm happy to add stuff but it has to be relatively easy for us to do and mostly removed from the economy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:21 pm 

User avatarRonak Holdings I

How about considering points 1,2,3 for implementation, and also point 4?

I do realise, point 5,6 can be just used to enrich the mayor itself. So, let them fall away, and only implement points 1,2,3,4?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:25 pm 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
4 is already there.

I'd be ok with a limited mass mailing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:12 pm 

joker20008
Amarsir wrote:
I'd be ok with a limited mass mailing.

If by limited you mean I can opt out then I'm ok too. Ronak already mass mails me enough. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:31 pm 

User avatarMinMax
Bug Swatter
Is there a way to know the mayor of a city?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:34 am 

User avatarGlobal Trade S.A.

I'm not so happy with mass mail, let the people quiet who want to be, thank you.

If you want to talk you can you skype or shout or things like that.

Greets

Global

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:29 am 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
Rahul A wrote:
Is there a way to know the mayor of a city?

Our official term is "Top Donor", with the idea that they are influencing the mayor not actually being the mayor. Which would be weird for a company. (Maybe less so when we have defined CEOs.)

So that cleared up, just check the City Hall under Office -> City Statistics. It's the company labeled "Top Donor".

joker20008 wrote:
If by limited you mean I can opt out then I'm ok too. Ronak already mass mails me enough. :lol:

It would be time limited, perhaps one mail every 2 weeks? I get people not wanting that, but as you say, drop in the bucket.

It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:53 pm (All times are UTC [ DST ])