Official Forums for the Ultimate Economy Game

Jump to:  
Search for:
The Simunomics Forums require separate registration from the game itself. However, forums and chat use the same registration.

It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:41 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:48 am 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
  • Ticket trading was moved to its own market.
  • Awards are only sold via auction now.
  • A min/max range has been placed around wholesale products.
If you can read between the lines you can see that there are two more changes coming. Research is relatively easy since there's only one dimension to it. I need to figure out the right formula for valuing research based on level but that shouldn't be too hard once I sit down for it. (Although you guys are welcome to weigh in.)

But buildings are a little trickier because there are more components. I could also graph a curve based on size, adjust for land type and building type, and call it a day. But I feel like you might want more room for negotiation. I just can't allow open swaps with unrestricted prices, for the same reason everything above needed to be limited.

Sooo ... how would you like this to be handled?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:53 am 
Developer

User avatarAllmart
System Company
One of the stranger ideas I've had, and I don't want to go through the work of setting this up unless people were sure they loved it, is "peer review".

Every building sale would have a 3-day holding period. During that time the building and price would be displayed somewhere. Other players could view it and vote "yes" or "no" on whether they thought the price was fair. Enough yes votes and it goes through, otherwise it's rejected.

So that's the kind of outside-the-box stuff I'm willing to consider.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:32 pm 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
Just two preliminary notes:
1. Someone already had a spreadsheet which allowed people to calculate research costs. I think it was Hazzian, and I think Vaculus may have one. Anyway, I have one too, I just need to find where it is - when I find it I'll post a link.

2. You need to put limits on auctions too. I can sale wholesale products at any price there.

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:46 pm 
EcoSim Editor

User avatarAindala Holdings
Bottled Water Genius
Amarsir wrote:
But buildings are a little trickier because there are more components. I could also graph a curve based on size, adjust for land type and building type,

Building type, reputation (for stores), level of upgrades, training, its size compared to the average, and perhaps also something to assess the need the person has of that particular building (something that could be implemented for products too).

Need of building:
- whether the person has more of that type of building (Store, Factory, Farm)
- whether the person has more of that type of building of that particular good (Drinkstand, Soda Factory, Sugar Farm)
- whether that building produces something in demand for an event
- whether Retail modifier is high, for Stores
- whether current R&D centers are insufficient to mantain the company's research
- whether the buyer has buildings related to that kind of good (for example, if he is buying a Bottled Water factory and has a Bottled Water R&D center

Give yourself some exposure for your company!

“If I owe you a pound, I have a problem; but if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.”
J. M. Keynes

It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:41 am (All times are UTC [ DST ])